To those here that question the men that represent Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When fit we are a lot better than Souths knights and sharks imo. I mean the side we fielded yesterday was completely decimated and should have beat Newcastle who prob only missed 2-3. Prob not the thread but is it just me or is Kalyn Ponga just a tad overrated? He’s touted as the second coming of Christ and I really just don’t see it. Good player yes, but not in the Teddy and Turbo class imo.
I agree, given the way Fox League gush about Ponga you would think he'll be made an immortal at age 23.

View attachment 15162View attachment 15163There are a happy band of Brothers on here at the moment questioning the resolve, effort and toughness of our current team and coach. They call out men that while perhaps out of form still put in every time they play. They spill blood, break bones and do things you flogs could only read about in people magazine.

To you gentlemen I say go **** yourselves.

Pull your heads out of your own brown holes and show some bloody respect. We don't care for your negative views just because you pay some membership or know someone who knows someone who said something.

After seeing the above on JTs insta I now get what these guys go thru to entertain us.
Well said my brother

Lets not forget one thing .We have had a team of misfits for the last few weeks and this game we lose Elliott, Cust playing on one leg ,then all the combinations get thrown out the door. We played a team that have been settled for a few weeks now, they have more superstars in their team than we do. They have probably the player with the best kicking game in their team, the most talented player in the game with Ponga and we only lose by 2. Being totally honest, I thought they would smash us but they didnt. I hate losing as much as anybody, and it really hurts but I refuse to dig the knife in when we lose. Thats my rant. Feel free to attack me lol. I love this team and club, always have, always will

Last edited:
What a stupid thread.. this is a forum. The purpose of a forum is to discuss our football team etc and they way players play.. lets all follow the same script aye...
Go on then nancy boys go frolic with your great dce highest paid flop in the code. Have tea with Slowfua and ragdoll Garrick whilst Dessie sends our young fullback to the warriors! How bout that croker.... what a guy! Am i right??

To those who are blind and see positives out of this team in our current form and situation.... look at the ladder! We wont win the next 2 games so thats 4 losses in a row. Dce's form is laughable the guy cant even put up a decent kick... or kick out when required but lets praise him. Gutsy effort boys to miss the 8 and play like ass 70% of the time. I wish i had more hands so i could give this thread more thumbs down.

Ps all those who liked this post iv seen most if not all do the exact same thing during and after the games. Pat yourselves on the back chaps.

Sincerely yours
Biff.
Thanks Dean. How’s the enforced break from coaching panning out?

I agree, given the way Fox League gush about Ponga you would think he'll be made an immortal at age 23.
You know what pissed me off about Fox last week the “match” of the round promo they do. For those who don’t have Fox early in the week Matt Nable does a voice over shot to clips of both teams with music in the background advertising the game. I’ve wondered for a few weeks now when we’d get our turn (we had one early in the year v Parra). So last week in the 360 ad I hear Nables voice talking about the super terrific flashy knight fullback and thought cool as I waited for the soundtrack to flick to rage against the machine and cuts of Jake and Marty cutting blokes in half, never F***en happened! The whole f***en promo was of Ponga! Running Ponga, kicking Ponga, frolicking Ponga, fishing Ponga, dancing Ponga, ball juggling Ponga, happy Ponga, Sad Ponga, angry Ponga, funny Ponga, Ponga the family man, Ponga with his dog, Ponga with someone else’s dog, Ponga with no dog just being, well Ponga!!! Ffs this is the kind of crap I really can’t stomach. Anyway Ponga rant over. And yes he is overrated. When’s Tom coming back so we can get sone of this media luv again.....

Honestly yesterday we had over 3 million dollars sitting on the bench thru injury or forced suspension. We had 2 or 3 playing busted and another few coming back off injury not even close to full steam.

Oh but I know... let's just attack DCE again shall we? Such an obvious and easy target for some of the less thinkers out there.

Honestly yesterday we had over 3 million dollars sitting on the bench thru injury or forced suspension. We had 2 or 3 playing busted and another few coming back off injury not even close to full steam.

Oh but I know... let's just attack DCE again shall we? Such an obvious and easy target for some of the less thinkers out there.
And your the smart guy ? Hahahaha innit

And on the thread topic, some stuff I've read here in recent weeks has left me shaking my head.
The team generally tries hard but concentration comes and goes. As for fans, after a loss everyone knows exactly who will be wailing and whining and yelling foul insults (from a safe distance, of course).
OMG, is it possible we have a generation of Manly fans afflicted with an attitude of entitlement and contempt for the feelings of others??!!
I can understand the angst for kids that have only known the success of '07 - '13 but can't cop it from anyone who lived through the Northern Eagles days.

Surely you can put a few more cheap insults in this post. And you attack others for their intelligence.

You know what pissed me off about Fox last week the “match” of the round promo they do. For those who don’t have Fox early in the week Matt Nable does a voice over shot to clips of both teams with music in the background advertising the game. I’ve wondered for a few weeks now when we’d get our turn (we had one early in the year v Parra). So last week in the 360 ad I hear Nables voice talking about the super terrific flashy knight fullback and thought cool as I waited for the soundtrack to flick to rage against the machine and cuts of Jake and Marty cutting blokes in half, never F***en happened! The whole f***en promo was of Ponga! Running Ponga, kicking Ponga, frolicking Ponga, fishing Ponga, dancing Ponga, ball juggling Ponga, happy Ponga, Sad Ponga, angry Ponga, funny Ponga, Ponga the family man, Ponga with his dog, Ponga with someone else’s dog, Ponga with no dog just being, well Ponga!!! Ffs this is the kind of crap I really can’t stomach. Anyway Ponga rant over. And yes he is overrated. When’s Tom coming back so we can get sone of this media luv again.....
Pong is a superstar in this weird current era were a huge percentage of players don't seem to know how to pass the ball, nor change direction if there is a defender in front of them. What is this game??

For those who doubt - watch these excellent extended highlights from 1978 - every player in the forwards, halves and backs can pass the ball and react to what is in front of them -

The coach has certainly not helped DCE with the conservative team selection since Turbo went down.

Back Line that contains Elliot, Jorge, Garrick and Parker, not one of these players are creative or threatening to the opposition. That leaves Suli and Cust to create and assist and no attacking number 9 to ease some pressure.

The counter opinion is DCE is on 1.3 big ones, for a matured player his kicking game this season has gone backwards compared to last season. The on field leadership is also lacking from our captain, lots of errors and uncontrolled game plan.

Both sides are correct in my opinion, from a continuous learning perspective, DCE needs to prove he is the highest paid player in the team for a reason, at the moment without Turbo out one wonders why DCE is on more coin than Turbo.

So the best half in the comp is Cleary by a long way this year... why... last year he was a joke.

Well He has a team around him allowing him to play. He doesn't have to take every run, every kick, every attacking play. It helps you know.

Lets not forget one thing .We have had a team of misfits for the last few weeks and this game we lose Elliott, then all the combinations get thrown out the door. We played a team that have been settled for a few weeks now, they have more superstars in their team than we do. They have probably the player with the best kicking game in their team, the most talented player in the game with Ponga and we only lose by 2. Being totally honest, I thought they would smash us but they didnt. I hate losing as much as anybody, and it really hurts but I refuse to dig the knife in when we lose. Thats my rant. Feel free to attack me lol. I love this team and club, always have, always will
Even with my personal ranting yesterday probably your post does sum my feelings well said.

i just hope we are as competitive this week against Souths

and you look at the bottom four teams of the top 8 knights raiders sharks and souths. If we got any where our full strength squad on the park we easily match and beat the above teams.

even with all the injuries we have faced this year we have enough cattle to get into the top 8 but as you said and i agree the frustration of how this season has now gone about won't see it happening.
It is not the end of the road yet
The NRL comp is not done yet and neither are we

The season is totally only gone if we give up our passion playing for a win
Between now and the last game there will be lots of twists and turns

So let us not turn our hopes off and keep supporting our Manly boys till the end
With the passion and effort they put in against the knights how can we give up on them ???
it-always-seems-impossible-until-its-done1874875-prints.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8