To Improve or not to improve ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
2020 Ladder

Panthers
Storm
EELS
Roosters
Raiders
Bunnies
Knights
Sharks
Titans
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Broncos

I have heard over the past 2 weeks ... That the Broncos will be much better next year and challenge for the top 8 ... I have also heard the Titans will be rippers ... also that the Warriors, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Tigers and of course the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles will all improve their positions ...

But how can it be so ? .. For so many bottom 8 teams to improve, it will require as many higher up teams to go backwards ... or will it be a case of the top big 3 dominating and the rest just playing musical chairs for the crumbs ...

So who are your big improvers ... and who are your tips for going backwards ..

I think Manly, Broncos, Titans and Bulldogs to improve ..

Sharks, Warriors, Tigers and Eels to go backwards ...

Last edited:
2020 Ladder

Panthers
Storm
EELS
Roosters
Raiders
Bunnies
Knights
Sharks
Titans
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Broncos

I have heard over the past 2 weeks ... That the Broncos will be much better next year and challenge for the top 8 ... I have also heard the Titans will be rippers ... also that the Warriors, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Tigers and of course the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles will all improve their positions ...

But how can it be so ? .. For so many bottom 8 teams to improve, it will require as many higher up teams to go backwards ... or will it be a case of the top big 3 dominating and the rest just playing musical chairs for the crumbs ...

Have to agree. Also thought Newcastle were lucky to make 8 this year, don't rate their squad.

Broncos will improve but don't have a good enough spine to challenge for 8 imo.

Of course a lot depends on how the sides fair with injuries.

Newcastle, Sharks, Raiders, Eels, Storm to go backwards. Penrith to go backwards if they win tomorrow. Dragons, NZ and Tigers to remain the same. Manly, GC, Rabbits, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Broncos will improve. Roosters, and Bunnies are almost top four certainties imo.

Better to ask this after the Nov 1st musical chairs merrigo round of players. I cant see any of the bottom teams improving enough to get to the 8 except maybe Titans. Sharks will fall out of 8. The rest will stay as is. Dogs, Broncos, Cows, Manly haven't recruited enough talent to climb up to the 8. Warriors, Dragons, Tigers also same. Only Titans have recruited well and have potential to move up.

2020 Ladder

Panthers
Storm
EELS
Roosters
Raiders
Bunnies
Knights
Sharks
Titans
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Broncos

That is my list exactly which I think I stated the other week.

I will add that I believe Canberra might have a dip, not a big one, but will probably be knocked-out first round of the finals. I think they have a couple of players past their best in Crocker and Rapana. I thought Rapana looked way past his best this year; however, that might have something to do with the disrupted season and his plans to play overseas prior to COVID.

Souths are one team I think will make the GF next year. I can see them taking the next step.

Roosters will hold steady and probably be top 4 again. They missed Radley and Verrills and will no doubt sign some big name with the buck fifty they have up their sleeve.

Parra will implode next year; I can just feel it. The Arthur love-fest will end in a blood-letting.

Penrith will stay dominant. I think their window has just opened up; although, it will be interesting to see how they will handle being the hunted next year.

Titans will improve; however, they have a similar issue to us: depth. Injuries will determine their season more than most.

Manly...heart and head are battling each other here. The obvious "if", being "if we keep injuries and off-field drama to a minimum" then we will do well. It will have a lot to do with who takes the nine jersey and how well they go . Tom, Foran and Schuster will be injected into the side which is a real positive. If Paseka keeps on his current trajectory, he will go a long way to covering the loss of AFB. Personally, I am really concerned about our backrowers, in fact, our edges generally. Backrowers and centres are a real worry. I hope Ola really comes on and establishes himself. We are going to need it.

Storm will slip a bit
Chooks will slip a bit
sharks will slip a fair bit
Panthers wil slip a bit
Eels steady
Souths steady
Knights steady
Raiders steady
Broncos improve
Manly improve
Titans improve

Out of all that I expect only about 2 changes to the top 8
Manly and Titans the best chance of squeezing in, Sharks and Knights most likely to drop out
That is my crystal ball guess!

Storm will slip a bit
Chooks will slip a bit
sharks will slip a fair bit
Panthers wil slip a bit
Eels steady
Souths steady
Knights steady
Raiders steady
Broncos improve
Manly improve
Titans improve

Out of all that I expect only about 2 changes to the top 8
Manly and Titans the best chance of squeezing in, Sharks and Knights most likely to drop out
That is my crystal ball guess!
Kind of agree mate......I think The Slugs will flounder along with the White Line Sharks & Court Jesters.....The Brown Bags will also drop down the pecking order. Top 8 for moi in no particular order 2021 are Panthers, Storm, Rabbits, Raiders, Brown Bags, Warriors, Slugs & Sea Eagles!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4