To Improve or not to improve ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Storm will win it again then scam will retire. Fox to the dogs and then his career will capitulate.

Manly will be top 4 unless we cop bad injuries AGAIN!

Raiders will continue to slide

Roosters will be same

Eels will slip out of top 4, though the nrl will properly get them there.

The rest ... who cares

Storm will win it again then scam will retire. Fox to the dogs and then his career will capitulate.

Manly will be top 4 unless we cop bad injuries AGAIN!

Raiders will continue to slide

Roosters will be same

Eels will slip out of top 4, though the nrl will properly get them there.

The rest ... who cares

watching the way the chooks finished 2020, it wouldn’t surprise me if they finished outside the top 4 in 2021.

If you look at all the 2021 team lists, the Storm, Roosters & Panthers have the best squads. The Sea Eagles will improve next season, but I would like to see a stronger squad in 2022 with these players dropping out - Boyle, Croker & Taufua (all off contract at the end of 2021).

I think we've bought well - a good (albeit injury-prone) half (Foran), 2 young, tall & fast wingers (Saab & Tuipulotu) & 2 tough, no frills forwards (Davey & Aloiai).

These guys will strengthen our weaknesses across the park by allowing Walker to move back to his centre position, add a bit of aggro & starch to our prop rotation (Marty, Paseka & Keppie) in Aloiai, & create competition for a spot in the 17 amongst the likes of Garrick, Parker, Suli, Funa (who I think has a lot of potential at centre & back-up fullback), Sirro, Olaka'utu, Cust & Croker.

Alas, I cant see Jorge fitting back into our squad once he's recovered from his injury & it pains me to think that as he's been a loyal servant of our club. Hopefully he can pick up a lucrative ESL contract to see out his career.

Personally would like to see Cust as our starting hooker & spelled by Foran at #14, who could also replace Schuster or DCE in the event of injury & rep duties (SOO). This means Croker would only come in at #14 in the event of injury & rep duties.

I think we'll improve on 2020 but how much is yet to be determined.

2020 Ladder

Panthers
Storm
EELS
Roosters
Raiders
Bunnies
Knights
Sharks
Titans
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Broncos

I have heard over the past 2 weeks ... That the Broncos will be much better next year and challenge for the top 8 ... I have also heard the Titans will be rippers ... also that the Warriors, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Tigers and of course the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles will all improve their positions ...

But how can it be so ? .. For so many bottom 8 teams to improve, it will require as many higher up teams to go backwards ... or will it be a case of the top big 3 dominating and the rest just playing musical chairs for the crumbs ...

So who are your big improvers ... and who are your tips for going backwards ..

I think Manly, Broncos, Titans and Bulldogs to improve ..

Sharks, Warriors, Tigers and Eels to go backwards ...

Eagles, Bulldogs and Titans to improve.

Storm to finish out of the eight.

Don't really care about where the others finish.

Storm likely to be too 2 again so not sure how you work that out !!

Smith ( B) , Grant in for Scam they don’t lose much.

Chooks might fade a bit at the end of the year and slip to the bottom of the 8 or even out of it. Too many stars who are getting a bit long in the tooth, such as Friend, Cordner, JWH, the Morrises. Although I suppose they might buy a few new superstars before March.

Big call on Storm ... but I hope you are on the money .. Titans have to ... if they don't heads will roll ... I think Bulldogs will improve a bit, but 2 of there signings, Burton & Ado Carr aren't there until 2022,

If the Storm do not make the top 8 next year with the ability and top performers still there , it would be one of the biggest form reversals in decades . Unless they are crueled by injuries

They’ll be there , they always are!!
We were once always there before we broke away from our great foundations and stability
That is what happens when individuals put their own agenda ahead of the Glory of their club
No one is bigger than their club and as soon as egos rise the club dies

The moral of the story
When we put our club priority one again our club will be number one again
NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE GLORY OF OUR GREAT CLUB THE MANLY SERA EAGLES !!!
af8b75b111ef7e116d3b7ec993fed141.jpg

Now that we have actually sealed some deals and signed some new players.

I'm Happy enough with the forward pack, the more you think about the new rules and AFB playing style, I guess I remain open minded that just may be he won't be as big a loss as one would first think.

The mix of experience of old blokes and youth in the squad seems is about right. I'm excited at what some kids like Schooey, BURBO and the new wingers could bring, but don't feel like they have too much to do on their own. The enthusiasm of youth often brings out the best in the old blokes.

Why we should improve, the age of the squad generally, just having a core group with now between 3-5 years of nrl games under their belt. Parker, Jurbo, Turbo, Garrick, Suli, Goose, Boyle, Tent, Aloaha they aren't all superstars, but they all now have the experience under their belt to dominate in their position consistently in 2021.

Staying injury free is still the be all and end all.

Why we can win it. FOZ. I just sense with him expectations have already risen. This game is won and lost between the ears of the 17 out on the field. He just seems to have a certain calmness about him and about those around him, adding that old experienced leader, bringing self belief to a squad who has never previously truely believed.

well, improving could mean that your stats overall are better, for and against, time in opposition 20, tries from kicks, meters gained of players etc etc. It does not neccessarily mean you will rocket up the table. a few places maybe.

Tigers, Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks, Bulldogs, Dragons the bottom 6
Manly, Titans, Knights, Eels, Warriors battle out the 8
Penrith 4-8
Storm 3-7
Souths, Raiders top 4. Roosters top 4 but will depend on who there halfback is.
This was the best pre-season selection. Most (including me - settle down now) were way off the mark. This season has been an unequivocal success.

Yep. I was completely wrong about the Storm dropping out of the eight (and the Bulldogs improving). In my defence I hate the Storm so much I will keep predicting their demise until it actually happens. Storm to not make the eight in 2022.

This was the best pre-season selection. Most (including me - settle down now) were way off the mark. This season has been an unequivocal success.
Was way off with some of the top ones but thank you. Crazy how good Melbourne still are without Smith, they were $7.50 to win the comp when the market opened last year

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6