To Dive Or Not To Dive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
We have been burnt a few times this year by players taking dives namely Inglis in both games and Reynolds against the Dogs. It has cost us in players missing as well as premiership points. We go on here about Farah, Hayne and the like who take dives. Would you now support a Manly player taking a dive to get a penalty or would you say that is unfair. I now wouldn't mind if a player stays down to draw a penalty. I think Toovey should instruct the boys to stay down. It is now all fair in my opinion.

Agreed. Toovey was clearly being sarcastic when he said he'd tell our players to lay down. The whole point is that we don't do it, honourable players don't do it, and shouldn't be disadvantaged by not doing it. I'd be embarrassed if our players started to dive.

It's not manly. It's a grub act! Look at the trash that have stayed down for a penalty against manly... Reynolds and Inglis! Are there two bigger scums in the game???
Difference is doggies and souths supporters love that kind of stuff.

Next they'll be writhing around the ground in agony if someone pulls their jersey. Soccer with an oval ball.
If the refs started giving penalties against players who take a dive this crap would soon disappear. Not much hope of that though...

The NRL say they are worried about head knocks giving the game a bad image so they banned the shoulder charge.

At the same time they have processes that encourage players to fake more head knocks in the game than there really are.

End result is mummy thinks the game is worse than it really is.

As I posted earlier. in the interests of player welfare & the game's image, if you stay down for a head knock you have to be automatically be taken from the field & not be allowed back for 10 minutes & only after being assessed by a doctor for concussion. You only get a free interchange if the dcotor rules the player out of the game.

See how many fake it then.

Brissie Kid said:
The NRL say they are worried about head knocks giving the game a bad image so they banned the shoulder charge.

At the same time they have processes that encourage players to fake more head knocks in the game than there really are.

End result is mummy thinks the game is worse than it really is.

As I posted earlier. in the interests of player welfare & the game's image, if you stay down for a head knock you have to be automatically be taken from the field & not be allowed back for 10 minutes & only after being assessed by a doctor for concussion. You only get a free interchange if the dcotor rules the player out of the game.

See how many fake it then.

Now that's not a bad idea!!

I would hate to see Manly players taking a dive. However, against Souths, I would hope that Manly players do exactly that. Nothing would satisfy me more than for Manly to beat Souths in the Grand final on the back of a penalty awarded from a Manly player taking a dive.

I hear Toy'R'Us are bringing out the GI diver doll, for Xmas.Also comes with the Isaac Luke Cannonball accessory and the Jeff "break my leg" Lima doll...no need to change jerseys,they all operate in the same one.

World Diving championships are on this Friday night at Homebush. Number 1 ranked Vs number 2 ranked in the world are going up against each other. Greg Inglis V Josh Reynolds. Get your tickets early.

bob dylan said:
Whatever it takes.

Has anyone seen the movie 'Cobra' with Sylvester Stallone? There's a great scene in it where he says to the police chief (or some knob) 'as long as we play by these bullsh&t rules and the killer doesn't we are going to lose'. And you know what that's what we need to realize. Holding ourselves to some higher moral code wont win us games.

Does anyone think the wrestle sux? Most people tend to, but if you don't engage in the wrestle you will get creamed.

It's up to the NRL to police this better, whether it means that the video ref can't adjudicate on head highs (still can be charged after the match), so it stops players staying down waiting for the replay, or something else.

NRL is getting more like soccer by the day, with diving players and players arguing with the officials. It won't be long before a clip around the head will result in a player going down, writhing and rolling on the ground like they have been shot. This will of course draw a penalty which will set off the opposition players to rush madly at the referee gesticulating wildly as they chase him around the field.The NRL need to nip this in the bud before it gets to that point.

If other teams are doing it and getting the advantage then we should get into the act. Nothing to be gained, apparently, by playing the game in an honourable way. If the NRL are sanctioning the diving tactics, then go for it. With Greenburg in charge, all rules are there to be manipulated and abused. The trouble is the two refs situation. No -one is in complete control out there on the ground. To many cooks spoil the broth, or so they say.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
If the ref or vid ref thinks they took a dive its 10 in the bin for the teams first offense and sent off for the 2nd.
Of course this will never happen.
I think we need 6 refs on the field at a time!

I would love to see one of our player do a taking the piss style dive against the dogs or souths. Something like one of those loose slaps on the head tackles with the non swinging arm that is nothing but milk it for a logie, golden globe, tony and oscar all rolled into one.

Then get up and ask them how they like it.

The other team we can keep playing like we do, one of the true football clubs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7