To Dive Or Not To Dive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Manly's style of playing footy, epitomised by Matai in the Raiders game at Brookie this year.

He was dazed from Shillington's hit, took a while to get his balance back as he got up to play the ball after being illegally hit in the head.

Matai's first words to Matty at dummy half 'Who was it?' :heart: :p:

Manly did not wait for a Vidiot - they went on and won the game :angel:

I'd just like to see Jamie Lyon put the refs on report during the game.

So next time they give an incorrect decision Jamie should walk up to the ref point to the ref and cross his arms above his head and say you are on report.

I wonder what would then happen would he be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?

It's funny that all these players are supposedly hit in the head so hard that they can't get up, yet they still manage to hold on to the football.

ManlyNotADog! said:
It's not manly. It's a grub act! Look at the trash that have stayed down for a penalty against manly... Reynolds and Inglis! Are there two bigger scums in the game???
Difference is doggies and souths supporters love that kind of stuff.

Two bigger scums 1. cameron smith 2. billy slater

......by a very big margin at that.

I hate to see diving, but the time has surely come for Manly players to start doing it. The game is constantly changing, and often for the worse. If you don't adapt to the changes you end up losing out. The NRL is clearly not doing anything to stop it so it will become more and more prevalent.

In 10 years (when RL is the sport parents get their kids to play because soccer is too rough) people will still remember who won the 2013 premiership - but they won't remember who was a diver and who was tough.

It was bad enough that Inglis took a dive, but what about those vidiots who deemed the Horo tackle worthy of a penalty?

I think Brissie kids idea has a lot of merit. If you stay down because of a head knock then you must be hurt. Therefore you must be assessed by a doctor before you can retake the field. Blokes won't be laying down, I can tell you right now. :mad:

Clint said:
I think Brissie kids idea has a lot of merit. If you stay down because of a head knock then you must be hurt. Therefore you must be assessed by a doctor before you can retake the field. Blokes won't be laying down, I can tell you right now. :mad:

It does but the trouble is that they'll just say that players are at more risk by trying to play on when they are hurt rather then leave the field and 'let the team down.'

even better still then, just get rid of it all together and let the refs on the field decide.

Clint said:
even better still then, just get rid of it all together and let the refs on the field decide.

lol, I get it...April fools!!!!!!!

good one Clint, the ref's decide hahahaha

Clint said:

They would make Abbott & Costello's " Who's on first" parody look like a serious political debate.

Fine players after the match if it is clear they were laying down to milk a penalty.

Take points off clubs if there is a trend.

Problem will disappear very quickly.

If a player goes down because of a knock to the head, he should be compulsory interchanged for a doctor to check him out. That should stop the divers..

Dave Eagle said:
If a player goes down because of a knock to the head, he should be compulsory interchanged for a doctor to check him out. That should stop the divers..
What position would the doctor play?

Dave Eagle said:

Take the ball off the diver , move 10 meters infield , play the ball and watch the diver get up . Don't give the vidiot time for replays .... The match review dudes can look at that **** as many times as they want.....FFS....

Brissie Kid said:
The NRL say they are worried about head knocks giving the game a bad image so they banned the shoulder charge.

At the same time they have processes that encourage players to fake more head knocks in the game than there really are.

End result is mummy thinks the game is worse than it really is.

As I posted earlier. in the interests of player welfare & the game's image, if you stay down for a head knock you have to be automatically be taken from the field & not be allowed back for 10 minutes & only after being assessed by a doctor for concussion. You only get a free interchange if the dcotor rules the player out of the game.

See how many fake it then.

Totally and utterly agree however the doctor doing the assessment must be an independant doctor not associated with any NRL Club.

to beat the game, you have to play the game.

yes, if you get hit in the head, take a dive. Get the penalty, free sub if its on report.

Worse case your going to get a breather as the ref will give them time to play the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6