Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

We will have a full strength 1-7 for the first time this year. On a dry track, that backline has A LOT of points in them, so very confident going into this game. 1-7 full strength considering Talau is the one picked over Paulo on the other wing which he should be. Higher rate of improvement from him compared to Jaxson and had a solid game against the Wahs.

Main thing that worries me about Titans is how well Des and Foz knows our side and the weaknesses we still have from 2 years ago. Foran targeted Chez last year with his rush in defence and aimed a lot of traffic down our right side in which they won. Although if we play like we have been in the last two games with high completion rate and middle domination, then we should win this one comfortably as being predicted.
Foz looked banged up with a knee injury. So there are no guarantees he will play. Although, he will roll out in a wheel chair if he has to. 😂

Foz looked banged up with a knee injury. So there are no guarantees he will play. Although, he will roll out in a wheel chair if he has to. 😂
Make that two wheel chairs . One for foz and Aaron Woods
1713131506613.png

I've noticed Foz doesn't propell himself into the line like he used to, sure sign of self preservation to get his body to play through the full 80min.

Some interesting things out of tonight’s game, thought it was pretty funny to hear that Des wanted his lads to get the baseball bats out if they had too, they definitely took it to Canberra, also interesting to hear Stick in the presser, he wasn’t real happy with Desie‘s tactics, guess they won’t be having that beer together after the game. Des, not happy with Badger and the charge down, think tonights just gone and fired him up unfortunately, he’ll be hell bent on getting his lads up for us, real danger game.

Campbell could be in doubt and good to see them have to grind out a tough 90, they were spent, won’t be an easy game this week, they looked like a different side tonight, no Boyd helped, AJ in the halves helped, he could end up back at FB against us, where his probably more dangerous, Kahn-Pereira another danger, hopefully tonight flattened their pack a little, cause they had a good crack, no way will this week be an easy game.
Also, the Tits playing yesterday at 6.30 gives them 1 less day than us for recovery. All the makings of an epic game next Sat. It's in Manlys best interest to not make this game an epic tho.

Real danger game more so now that the Titans are still winless and Dessy has something to prove to Manly management. If we turn up with the same attitude like the Dragons, we could be there 1st win.

We've been a mixed bag last couple of games. As a team doing certain things well. If we come with the right attitude, to win this up the middle. We might be due to put a few more things together this week.

Attitude. If we don't want it more, and aren't willing to fight for it, in the ruck. We will be no chance.

After we lost the Dragons game we have no excuses for not winning this. We have done the complacency thing once already this year and it cost us a very obtainable 2 points. If we do it against the Tits as well it's just not acceptable for a side that is capable of making the top 4

If Sipley out with knee injury
Aloiai suspended

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Joxson Paulo
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Nathan Brown
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Corey Waddell
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.GCKT
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Karl Lawton
17.Matthew Lodge

Aloiai suspended

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Joxson Paulo
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Nathan Brown
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Corey Waddell
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.GCKT
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Karl Lawton
17.Matthew Lodge
Thought Lodge would need a few weeks in ressies to get his fitness up before coming back into the NRL, but with Aloiai suspended and Sipley potentially out we might have to force him back early. Even without having played in nearly 9 months he is still a better option than Woods who I really hope isn't anywhere near the side next week.

Part of me is hoping Croker is out too as I think our attack has looked better with Lawton on, and gives us a chance to play Humphreys/GCKT at 14. What better time to do this than against the team at the bottom of the ladder

Aloiai suspended

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Joxson Paulo
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Nathan Brown
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Corey Waddell
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.GCKT
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Karl Lawton
17.Matthew Lodge
I would swap Talau for Paulo and I think Lodge will start and Brown on the bench. BUT we know Woods will be in instead of GCKT.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8