Post-Game Discussion Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

I wish that is you Mick, it would make my year...but I guess it is not coz no mention of Remi or Jack Miller.. one can wish.
Oh yeah, and congratulations to Mick's son Jack on his first formula 3 win today.
So looking forward seeing Gardner in the Moto GP next year. He is killing so far this year.

I wish that is you Mick, it would make my year...but I guess it is not coz no mention of Remi or Jack Miller.. one can wish.
Oh yeah, and congratulations to Mick's son Jack on his first formula 3 win today.

One of my heroes, Mick doohan as well.

though our @doohan is up there with that multi win! jeepers!

er footy

I meant to say it's just soooooooooooooo awesome seeing Saab's pace on display.

Any truth to the rumour that Annastacia Palaszczuk is going to declare the Manly Sea Eagles a Covid hotspot after we scored 50+ against all Queensland based NRL teams in 2021?

And to the NSW based NRL fans who don't want to see a Qld team win the premiership ... Manly says you're welcome @:cool:

Sorry to be a negative nancy guys, but FMD Andrew Voss was death riding us, and blowing up the Titans tires in that first half. Even Blocker had to temper the bloke and said, don't write Manly off.

Whenever anything went against Manly, Voss goes, "oh, I agree with the referees". Also, you'll all note, the penalties could be 1,253,578,314,215 to 1 against us, and he won't say anything. If it's 3-1 with any other team, he goes on about balance.

Sorry, he frsutrates the **** out of me when he commentates Manly games.
Look he’s a kraut. Generally humourless people people who brought you two world wars, innovative electronics and great cars.

The latter two don’t cancel out the first two.

Any truth to the rumour that Annastacia Palaszczuk is going to declare the Manly Sea Eagles a Covid hotspot after we scored 50+ against all Queensland based NRL teams in 2021?

And to the NSW based NRL fans who don't want to see a Qld team win the premiership ... Manly says you're welcome @:cool:
Thanks for coming Queensland. Bye now.

If he stopped trying to crack jokes all the time he might be a half decent caller. It’s a bloody punish listening to his gags all the time.

"And there goes Jacob Liddle...straight down the HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!! JACOB LIDDLE DOWN THE HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!! For those of you at home who may not know, "HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE" is rhyming slang for "MIDDLE" & just so happens to rhyme with the second name of the very player who scored the try - one JACOB LIDDLE!!! Once again, JACOB LIDDLE STRAIGHT DOWN THE HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!!!"

"And there goes Jacob Liddle...straight down the HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!! JACOB LIDDLE DOWN THE HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!! For those of you at home who may not know, "HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE" is rhyming slang for "MIDDLE" & just so happens to rhyme with the second name of the very player who scored the try - one JACOB LIDDLE!!! Once again, JACOB LIDDLE STRAIGHT DOWN THE HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE!!!!"

lol

that was even frustrating to read!

Love how most of the media headlines are basically:

"titans fold"
"titans blow big lead"
"Oh yeah tom is pretty good"
"tom is awesome"

"Manly about to implode"

i could either get annoyed about the unfairness of the headlines never giving us due credit (even though the journos clamour to be best buddies with our stars) or just love the b/s all the way to a gf win.

Slight sidebar from earlier this morning (sorry peeps...wont take long)

So looking forward seeing Gardner in the Moto GP next year. He is killing so far this year.

Marc Marquez says a phone call with five-time MotoGP champion with Honda Mick Doohan, ‘helped me’ a lot in difficult times, as the Spaniard tastes victory for the first time since his return.
Honda were back on the top step of a MotoGP podium for the first time since November 2019, following Marc Marquez’ ninth premier class Sachsenring victory.

Ok...carry on!

PS: How tom's try was ruled 'no try' followed by no thought of a penalty try from being tackled by an offside player, followed by so 10 mins in the sin bin is beyond me.

I'm sure annesley will say that 1) the no try was correct and 2) should've been a sin binning.

There was another Dive when the titans were diving for the line (late in the second half..)

Sami stayed down like he was knocked out, did the big look up, grab his head, etc.

But when he saw Harper and Taylor having a push and shove he got up immediately to go help.

b/s artist! (cat)

That was the first time I'd seen Preston Campbell's son play.

When I first saw him in the shed before the game with the beanie on (making his head look even bigger & consequently making him look even more like a tadpole) I assumed he was someone's kid or family member.

When he turned around & I saw the number 1 on his back I thought they'd roped in the work experience kid to fill Brimson's spot.

Credit to him for coping out there but geez he looked like a 14 year old amongst men out there!

Interesting to hear Justin Holbrook’s press conference. He heaped praise on our attack, suggesting that it was yards ahead of the team’s they’d played in the last two weeks (Roosters and Storm).

m hoping those that like to go 100% negative so quickly in matches might start to see a pattern here of the mighty eagles roaring home. perhaps just wait to get all doom and gloom?
My daughter was at the game, she called me at half time, reported eagles looked like they hadn't shown up, and Tits were not playing that well, So leave that 100% hindsight where it belongs mate. The tactic of leaving your run to the second half will lead us to a massive beating against a class side.

That was the first time I'd seen Preston Campbell's son play.

When I first saw him in the shed before the game with the beanie on (making his head look even bigger & consequently making him look even more like a tadpole) I assumed he was someone's kid or family member.

When he turned around & I saw the number 1 on his back I thought they'd roped in the work experience kid to fill Brimson's spot.

Credit to him for coping out there but geez he looked like a 14 year old amongst men out there!

Reminds of when Tooves started in first grade. He looked more like a kid on his first day of high school than he did a first grade footballer.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight. Its the size of the fight in the dog.

I'll give Campbell this ... he plays with a lot of energy and he does have guts. He goes hard for his size and doesn't back away even from guys like Paseka who literally dwarf him.

My daughter was at the game, she called me at half time, reported eagles looked like they hadn't shown up, and Tits were not playing that well, So leave that 100% hindsight where it belongs mate. The tactic of leaving your run to the second half will lead us to a massive beating against a class side.
Or it might not.

No offence intended but shall i start calling you QLD Toddy if you are relying on your daughter for up to the minute info on how the game is progressing in 2021?

Having watched it on tv twice now (and believe it or not you do get a better overall view of the game on the box) i really dont think they 'didnt turn up'....

4 tries from kicks is bloody unlucky in anyones language. All of those kicks could have been too big or too short or just cleaned up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4