Post-Game Discussion Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Who got man of the match?
Hahahahhaha hahahaha kidding

Talk about a Jeckyl and Hyde performance!

I wrote at halftime about my displeasure about the way our team did not deal with attacking kicks that led to 5 tries conceded, goal line drop outs and resets and we gave their play makers too much time to put in their kicks.

The clue that we could score points was the 3 minutes where Tommy bagged his first two, it was that sort of game and it really highlights how emphatically possession is vital.

What do you say about the 2nd half? Well if that is not perfection, I have no idea what is?

The brutal force that was our attacking thrust tore apart the feeble Titans and that has to be a record for a Manly team to score 9 tries in a half of football. If Reuben had his kicking boots on it would have been a mid 60s score. It was breathtaking to watch and matched anything the top teams have dished out this season.

In all my years of watching our team I have never ever seen an individual player be so imposing with the ball. Tommy scored a casual 3, made 3 others, put the fear of god into the Titans by being anywhere near the ball. For our halves its a dream to have a weapon like that outside or inside of you. He is only going to get better thats the beauty of things.

So nice to see Dylan back into the team and creating, the try he made for DCE was amazing! Also huge wraps on Oka who did some great things, Paseka who tore them apart at times and the rest of the pack for setting up the platform for the backs to do their stuff.

This team is very much a work in progress, still a few weaknesses defensively that need improving on. Very frustrating that we struggle so much defending attacking kicks.

We have an abundance of mobility and speed in our team and today we saw again a killer instinct emerging. This is all good moving forward when you consider the guys out injured at the moment and the depth we will have at our disposal in the run in.

Roller coaster day to watch this match but further evidence that something very nice is brewing at our club!

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Titans:
Manly: 56

200032928_10159170041635993_8866178927441566800_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:
Sea Eagles blitz past patchy Titans | Fox Sports Videos

Full Match Replay:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe not this year but next year and the year after, for real look out

How about Justin Holbrook in his presser. We've played Melbourne and The Roosters, and Manly are a better attacking team than both those teams, by a long way !

BAM :)
Holbrook handled the presser well. He gave Manly great credit and managed not to cry which he must have felt like doing. In the 1st half the Tits were fantastic, and everything went their way. He has something to work on; the Tits are good with ball in hand.

I was there. Was a bit concerned the ref was going the way of the Knights game, then what a second half by Manly. 9 tries. My throat is sore.
Go you good things.
Yep was there too @niccipops. Incredible sea of Manly support for an away game. Was fantastic 2nd half but geez we can't go around giving starts like that. Was a lot of luck in their tries and Kermit the whistle blower was giving them everything. All in all an awesome day. We really should play more games here instead of Suncorp, Mudgee or Gosford. Such massive support.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8