Game Day: Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I still think that Curtis is a better player than his old man was (and we all know what sort of career Paul Sironen had. The only thing his teams never won was a premiership). About the same size and IMO definitely more skills than just running people over.

Back in the day, Paul Sironen was a giant in the second row. At 6'5" and 115 kg he was considered a man mountain with just about the only players who could match his size were the likes of Spud Carroll, Ian Roberts, Paul Harragon and Mark Geyer. The only difference with Curtis is that he's 5 kg lighter than Siro Sr. And of course, in 2019 his size is normal rather than towering.

He was a very good player, though towards the end 'we' used to joke that you could tell when a rep game was approaching as Siro and Roach (more Roach) would put in blinders. For some reason I remember Siro's 200th and he pressured Stacey Jones all day. Had a good game.*

*memory may be going, I think that's right.

But yep, to think that Pearce and Siro are basically the size of their Dad's... kind of impressive how much bigger the players are.

Now, someone tell Api to stop goldbricking and get back out on the field!

And Booooo @Jethro for stealing top comment spot.

(This is another reason why I don't mercilessly bag players for having an off game or two)

Winner, well said Global

And Paseka, 21, told Blindside he is ready to take full advantage of his imposing physical attributes.

It is easy to forget sometimes that the bloke is still a kid ..... just natural maturity will make a huge difference in the next 2 years ...

Winner, well said Global

It is easy to forget sometimes that the bloke is still a kid ..... just natural maturity will make a huge difference in the next 2 years ...
Hope so as I think personality traits are already set by 21 @:cool:

There is a fine line between aggression and violence and some fear stepping over the line:cool:

All Paseka, Trex, Suli need to do is run at the line.
No one is telling them to bash their opponent as a priority.
The force of their runs would scuttle their opponents :nod:

The one thing I see in the Scumo's games is the depth of their attacking forwards who build up their momentum by running at speed, especially in the 20 meter attack zone :nod:

So many times I see a Manly forward with the ball amble at the line and look for holes or support rather than smashing straight in and at full speed :confused:

It's the supporting player's duty to follow the ball carrier like Turbo did all across the field in SOO :wait:

Titans will believe they are right in this given they've had the wood on us and playing at home. I hope we start like men possessed and show we mean business from the kickoff because if they get a sniff they're a dangerous side with nothing to lose. Whoever starts with more intent probably wins. Hope its us. Go Manly

Last edited:
So many times I see a Manly forward with the ball amble at the line and look for holes or support rather than smashing straight in and at full speed :confused:

Two different types of runs for different players .... both have a role ... but for many the slight shift before the tackle and late acceleration between the players is more effective for after contact metres and getting an arm free ....

Hope so as I think personality traits are already set by 21 @:cool:

Personality traits maybe ... but the "belief" you are a man is still variable ... I know blokes that are fully mentally mature at 18 and others still mentally youths at 23 and older .... just like some girls are mentally ready for motherhood in their teens and others not until late 20's or 30's ...

I think the 'omen' is if Marty has a successful offload in his first two carries of the footy: - we win!

Go Manly! Woohoo, first post (as soon as I delete Ricardo's and move mine to the top) - lol Kidding!

What an important game! I hope we smash them. Pity Proctor is back.

Goodness it's almost 5am...wake up!

Haha couldn't sleep ... deleted it to put you back to top spot!! Go Manly !!!

Haha couldn't sleep ... deleted it to put you back to top spot!! Go Manly !!!

I appreciate the 'can't beat ge' sentiment, but that 'dictator for life' @Jethro came in and stuck his post first! He puts the Putin in 'putin on the ritz' (that doesn't make sense.)

And my mother in law just turned up! I can't catch a break! *

* I get on with my mother in law so that's a bit unfair.

Anyway, tonight's game hits here at 10pm so I'll probably be allowed to stay up and watch. I'll just check....

Um, Hello Mr Makers Mark, can I stay up and watch the game?

MM: Why yes, yes you can!

Woot...sorted!

I just hope Manly click. We should not lose to the Titans but these games and be nerve racking.

Back in the day, Paul Sironen was a giant in the second row. At 6'5" and 115 kg he was considered a man mountain with just about the only players who could match his size were the likes of Spud Carroll, Ian Roberts, Paul Harragon and Mark Geyer. The only difference with Curtis is that he's 5 kg lighter than Siro Sr. And of course, in 2019 his size is normal rather than towering.
I have the funniest memory of Paul Sironen. One day I found myself with a bunch of girls, probably in our early to mid twenties. One of them must have been a Siro I guess because we were all at their place for an afternoon barbie. Young Paul waited til the party was well under way before dragging all his weights out onto the lawn in front of us girls and doing a full shirtless workout, pretending not to notice our presence. We all thought it was hysterical.

Manly should win this easily, but the perenara will keep it close.
Manly 1-10
FTS = Siro
MOM = DCE

giphy.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10