Titans left paupers with exit of Prince

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I also think the Broncos forward pack and structure will be very well suited to Prince. The structure at the Titans is very dismal under Carty's coaching.

Titans Fan said:
I also think the Broncos forward pack and structure will be very well suited to Prince. The structure at the Titans is very dismal under Carty's coaching.

Whoever greenlighted his 5 year deal should be taken out and shot. Searle, Clark, and Cartwright....

Wayne Heming AAP.

High-profile Brisbane recruit Scott Prince has described the events surrounding his departure from the Gold Coast NRL club he captained as "confusing".

Prince admitted to some first-day nerves when the centre of attention as he arrived for Brisbane's first pre-season training session at Purtell Park on Monday.

The halfback spoke for the first time about the events which led to him leaving the club which he skippered since their debut in the NRL in 2007.

"It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride with emotions," said Prince.

The Titans said they were unwilling to take up an option to keep Prince for a further season in 2014 and he finally secured a two-year agreement with Brisbane after coming close to signing a three-year deal with English club Hull FC.

But the Titans will pay Brisbane a large chunk of Prince's 2013 salary as part of his deal reached despite coach John Cartwright saying the 32-year-old playmaker had been a key part of his plans next season.

"I guess at the end of the day it's all in the past now and my family and close friends can all move forward now we have a resolution," said Prince.

"It was difficult how it all unfolded but I've got an opportunity late with the Broncos and I've moved on."

Prince was diplomatic when asked if he felt the Gold Coast wanted his services next season.

"That's probably a question you should ask them (Titans)," he said.

"From my side is was all a bit confusing.

"Both sides, myself and the Titans, would probably say it was disappointing how it all unfolded.

"We're both moving on. I am looking forward to the future and I starting fresh here back in the Broncos colours."

Prince said he thought he would be on a plane going to the UK until he got a late telephone call on Sunday with an offer to keep playing in the NRL with Brisbane.

"It was perfect timing in the end," he said.

Prince hadn't officially agree to a deal with Hull who reportedly offered him in excess of $1 million for a three-year deal.

"There was a lot of (media) talk (about the Hull deal)," Prince said.

"It was funny actually sitting back reading stories you guys (media) wrote on the back of lies, it was quite amusing actually.

"I was supposed to have met with Peter Gentle (Hull FC coach) at the weekend but I was out at Roma.

"It was reported on the Monday that we did catch up and that all things seemed to be going sweetly.

"... (But) I finally got a formal offer (from Brisbane) on Sunday and discussed it with my family and accepted the challenge they put to me."

Prince said Griffin had made it very clear what he would have to earn a spot in Brisbane's NRL squad.

"But I'm very happy to be given this opportunity by the Broncos to get back on the horse and prove myself again," he said.

Prince, who left Brisbane in 2003 after three tough years in which he suffered two serious leg injuries, arrived at training with another of the club's off-season recruits, David Stagg who signed a two-year deal with the club over the weekend.

Gold Coast back-rower Greg Bird farewelled two Princes in the past fortnight, one which left the Test and Origin enforcer starstruck - the other simply left him disappointed.

Bird, who was left flustered by His Royal Highness Prince Charles at a beach touch football game on Friday, admits he is disappointed at Scott Prince's messy departure from the Titans.

Prince, the inaugural Gold Coast captain, was recently released from the his Gold Coast contract before signing with local rivals Brisbane last week.

That surprise connection surfaced after the 32-year-old seemed destined to finish his career in the English Super League with Hull.

The whole scenario left Bird, who admits he is not privy to the full negotiations, upset at losing the team's on-field general and his mate.

"I think it's disappointing," Bird told AAP.

"It's always disappointing when it comes to this time of year and your teammates leave the club and have to move on to greener pastures.

"But that's rugby league. You can't play for the same team your whole career. That's never going to happen."

Bird refuses to lay the blame at the feet of Prince, but said he expects the full story to surface in good time.

"Princey did what he thought was best for his career. I've got nothing bad to say about him," Bird said.

"I'm not too sure of the finer details of how it went down. That's something for the club and him to discuss.

"I'm sure it will come out in the wash.

"For now I'm just happy he's picked up another gig and he's got another two years in the game."

Bird was already thinking about the reception awaiting his former teammate when the two teams clash, which will happen in a trial match at Redcliffe on February 16.

"I'm looking forward to running at him next year," he joked.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6