Titans left paupers with exit of Prince

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Broncos are kidding themselves. They think Prince is going to take them back up the ladder. This is great news if you hate the broncos. They are buying a guy who's best days are well behind him and also they obviously have no confidence in Wallace to lead them. Broncos will struggle again and will be lucky to make the eight.

Sold prince and bought Taylor and Idris, what a culture those two will bring to the club. But offload a genuine halfback in Prince they have rocks in thier heads.

Prince may be a genuine half back, but his use by date must be getting very close. I don't see him as any better than Wallace. I think they sort of mirror each other in ability. Having them play side by side won't improve anything much in their organising and neither offer a whole lot of inividual brilliance. Dud buy.

Taylor will add to an already not too shabby forward pack. Idris...well, rocks and diamonds I guess.

Prince is 33 on 20 FEB 13.

There are very few in this modern game that do well beyond 33

Naturally Beaver, Lockyer was still great when he retired, Seventy Cents wasn't great but still a fair foward at 35, Price, I think he was about the same...hard to think of too many more.

He would have been ok in the ESL, slower, less physical...how he will keep up by the end of the next year who knows...terrible buy for the Donkeys!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

Naturally Beaver, Lockyer was still great when he retired, Seventy Cents wasn't great but still a fair foward at 35, Price, I think he was about the same...hard to think of too many more.

He would have been ok in the ESL, slower, less physical...how he will keep up by the end of the next year who knows...terrible buy for the Donkeys!!

I'm not so sure, Mark. I think Prince has one good year lieft in him. He is a much better attacker and organiser than Wallace, whom I would have offloaded had I been n charge at the Boncos. They also are only paying $200,000 for Prince, with the Tits paying the other half.
I hope the Boncos fail, but I have also thought Prince is a very good player, and seems a nice bloke. He was the 'face' of the Gold Coast, and I think it's a shame that they have shown nil loyalty to him.

Prince had a price in the Gold Coast bulliten last year saying that the mediocrity that the Titans accept must end if they want to turn their results around. Who knew the club would listen to him.

Who the hell are the iSelect Titans? And where on earth is iSelect?

It's obvious the Broncos didn't just think that Prince was worth it in the last few days, how long has this shady deal played out???

This is weird. I read that Hull offered $1.5 Million for three years. Have the Broncos signed him for three years? Sounds like he's getting 400K for next season. He must be loaded to forgo 100K. On the 'his best years are in the past'. I agree. And they should offload their coach while they're cleaning the place..

Prince always shines when he has a good 5/8 beside him, he played outstanding footy with Marshall and also Mat Rogers, his form dipped away a touch post Rogers but as soon as Sezer was introduced his form went upwards fast again

So if Norman keeps developing, Prince will be a great signing for them, he is 3 levels above Wallace

Not concerned about his age, it is a 33 that lost a lot of footy through injury early on

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I'm not so sure, Mark. I think Prince has one good year lieft in him. He is a much better attacker and organiser than Wallace, whom I would have offloaded had I been n charge at the Boncos. They also are only paying $200,000 for Prince, with the Tits paying the other half.
I hope the Boncos fail, but I have also thought Prince is a very good player, and seems a nice bloke. He was the 'face' of the Gold Coast, and I think it's a shame that they have shown nil loyalty to him.

I reckon he's a good buy for the Broncs, I know I harp on a bit about it but it's what he brings OFF the park that most people tend to not look at and is massively undervalued in my opinion.

They've got one of the youngest sides in the comp and Thaiday obviously isn't the club leader that they're looking for, with Petero retired it's time for another pro to lead the way and Prince has been there, done that and still is in the top 6 halfbacks in the game and without a blemish on his character. His kicking game is still up there with the best too.

Norman hasn't come on like they'd hoped so Prince in 6/7 and Wallace in 7/13 will give them a stable platform with Norman at 6.

He may only see out one year but obviously they've got plans to use him post retirement.

All being said, a good pick up and if Carty is fuming then he knows what he's lost.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I add on a cpl years for Prince's use buy date being of the aboriginal ancestry ...the same as Cliffy and Presto. This is a big loss for the Tits on and off the field. :(

Kiwi Eagle said:
Prince always shines when he has a good 5/8 beside him, he played outstanding footy with Marshall and also Mat Rogers, his form dipped away a touch post Rogers but as soon as Sezer was introduced his form went upwards fast again

So if Norman keeps developing, Prince will be a great signing for them, he is 3 levels above Wallace

Not concerned about his age, it is a 33 that lost a lot of footy through injury early on

Seizer...I bet he's filthy too.

Coach Griffin's initial thoughts :

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin says he initially tried to push Scott Prince away when the Gold Coast captain approached the Broncos about a move to the neighbouring NRL rivals.

The 32-year-old halfback Prince has agreed on a deal to return to Brisbane for two years after securing a release from the last season of his contract with the Titans, who had told him they would not take up an option to keep him for a further year in 2014.

Griffin said he felt "awkward" initially before speaking to the veteran halfback and explaining to him he could earn a lot more money accepting an offer from Hull to play in the English Super League.

But Prince had come back and was still keen to try his hand at the club where he played 29 matches between 2001 and 2003 before going on to win a premiership with Wests Tigers and become a foundation player for Gold Coast in 2007.

The Titans will pay part of his 2013 salary to Brisbane as severance pay and Griffin said the Broncos were comfortable fitting Prince in under the salary cap.

"The thing I spoke to Scott about was I didn't want him coming here to retire and I wouldn't have agreed to it if I had had that feeling," said Griffin.

"He could have earned a bucketload more money in England for more years.

"I put that to him and I tried to chase him away at first.

"After speaking to him, I think he'll be good for our club."

Griffin said Prince had been told he would join the Broncos as their 25th player and could even find himself playing in the State League competition.

"Scott is coming here with no guarantees," said Griffin who said he appreciated that the the club's current halves, Peter Wallace and Corey Norman, could be unsettled by his signing.

"I could not have made it more black and white to Scott that he starts at this club as player number 25 next season.

"He wanted that challenge and I wouldn't have replaced anyone we've got here for him."

Prince will join the club's pre-season which starts on Monday and will have to trial for a place in the side.

I use to have a lowish opinion of Prince but seen and heard a bit.. I think he is extremely dedicated football in training, preparation and culture. He does everything right and tries to get others to do the same. He would be a great player to have around for younger guys.

The donkeys have no confidence in Wallace to lead them around the park and I also have no doubt they were bidding hard for DCE thats why we had to pay big dollars to retain DCE.

mickqld said:
The donkeys have no confidence in Wallace to lead them around the park and I also have no doubt they were bidding hard for DCE thats why we had to pay big dollars to retain DCE.

So Wallace to QCup and out of the Donkeys by the end of 2013 then??

Kiwi Eagle said:

Your quite on the money. I always thought that under a good coach he can rediscover his 2010 form. I think his time at the BRoncs will be a challenging one and i believe he can really play some good footy again. He aint done just yet!

Fit and well he is a tremendous player. It's no secret the Broncos suffered from a lack of experienced leadership and direction without Lockyer, so Prince might turn out to be a very good fit for them. They have plenty of talented youngsters to play around him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6