Titans axe Garth Brennan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No surprise there I guess. Not sure why they couldn't wait until season end though. Must have someone in mind now I guess.

I just don't get how the Gold Coast are such an abject failure as an NRL area. How many goes have they had at it - 3 or 4 incarnations now ?? and it's still a basket case. They get a brand new state of the art stadium gifted to them, they have been bailed out and propped up by the NRL - what is the fascination with having a team based there ?? Maybe someone from up that way can offer an opinion but I struggle to see why they can't be competitive as seemingly they have so much going for them. 2 finals appearances in 12 years with the current set up, can't remember much more success from the Giants or Chargers apart from a 7"s win from memory.

The Suns AFL are the same, it's just the demographics of SE Qld @:cool:

The difference is though that with the start up clubs in non-traditional Aussie rules area's, the AFL is fully committed to making teams like the Suns and GWS a success. The Adelaide and Perth clubs are fine, they are in Aussie rules areas. The Swans and Lions are already established. But the AFL will make sure the two newest clubs survive in the long term.

I just don't get how the Gold Coast are such an abject failure as an NRL area. How many goes have they had at it - 3 or 4 incarnations now ?? and it's still a basket case. They get a brand new state of the art stadium gifted to them, they have been bailed out and propped up by the NRL - what is the fascination with having a team based there ?? Maybe someone from up that way can offer an opinion but I struggle to see why they can't be competitive as seemingly they have so much going for them. 2 finals appearances in 12 years with the current set up, can't remember much more success from the Giants or Chargers apart from a 7"s win from memory.

The gold coast have never got the gold cosat. Moving from tweed was crazy. Best place ever to watch footy. Absolutely loved it, leagues club, reasonable food and beer and the greatest rubbish delivery system ever under the stands. Loved the steak sangers off the barbie and a 6er of cans on the way to your seat . Great view.

They have probably missed the boat but they should have established themselves in logan and played from the goldie. Something in beenleigh a major presence with a centre of excellence, training facilities . Great nursery. Train from beenleigh to robina for fans. Just better exposure. Less players would live in sin city as well probably establishing themselves in brissie, sanctuary cove or southport dur to freeway congestion.

They could be a powerhouse but they have never been too bright about what a business needs. It was so close down the road but it will never happen now

I moved to the Gold Coast 4 years ago now. The hardest this thing to find on the Gold Coast is well someone actually local lol. Most I bump into are from Sydney, NZ and Melbourne. It is probably a reason why the Titans struggle. Most have their clubs they support already. I guess if they let it go it is another area for the AFL to take hold of.

5A1F73FD-D0D8-4270-A82A-F71C0E2A54BB.png

Another one bites the dust.
Two of the finest rugby league schools on the coast with
Keebra Park and PBC and they are feeder systems for the West Tigers and Broncos predominantly.
I asked the former U/20s Titans coach a cpl years ago why this was, and he said the Titans management
don’t invest enough time or money into either school. They rely on the kids wanting to stay and play locally with their mates.
That has to change for starters. They have a good assistant in there in Craig Hodges. Ex-schoolteacher from the coast, and was the Broncos U/20s coach for a number of successful years. Give him an open cheque book and backing to entice and develop the young guns. Then sign a hardline coach with runs on the board in first grade (Tooves....who did apply for the job initially). And whatever you do, don’t take advice from M. Johns when it comes to coaching selections (which the Titans did with Brennan.)

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust.
Two of the finest rugby league schools on the coast with
Keebra Park and PBC and they are feeder systems for the West Tigers and Broncos predominantly.
I asked the former U/20s Titans coach a cpl years ago why this was, and he said the Titans management
don’t invest enough time or money into either school. They rely on the kids wanting to stay and play locally with their mates.
That has to change for starters. They have a good assistant in there in Craig Hodges. Ex-schoolteacher from the coast, and was the Broncos U/20s coach for a number of successful years. Give him an open cheque book and backing to entice and develop the young guns. Then sign a hardline coach with runs on the board in first grade (Tooves....who did apply for the job initially). And whatever you do, don’t take advice from M. Johns when it comes to coaching selections (which the Titans did with Brennan.)
To not have Palm Beach and Keebra in their system is a massive issue.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2