Tipping Comp Weekly Winner Rd 15

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A very short round this week with only half the teams going around. We still managed an upset or two though, but despite this there were two well known posters that manged 4 from 4. @bones and @globaleagle took what seemed to me a very brave option on the Tigers, but it paid off. So all we need to do is find out who got closest to the Roosters winning margin

The Sea Eagles Fan Hubs Tipping Comp weekly winner for Round 15 is............

@bones

Bones got the margin spot on, leaving GE ruing the Dogs late try that would have seen his margin of 8 being right on the money instead. Congrats Bones, you saved GE having to buy a trip home just to use his Brookie double pass. PM me your name and preferred email contact so I can pass onto the club, and they will then contact you regarding your prize.

The leaderboard is viewable here

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

Don't forget to support our partner and check out a Sea Eagles Fan Hub near you. More info in the following link

Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

G4kZy0r.jpg

I saw the notification from c and c and went woohoo! I've won! Now I can give that double pass to those really sick kids in sydney who cant afford to see manly play.

But oh well, enjoy your prize boooones!

The reminder PM didn't complete either...interesting

We're all winners!!!

I forgot to add a more sincere well done @bones

To get any round spot on is damn impressive and I was just glad to get some much needed points!

Thanks to @Dan who told me to stop reading crappy game previews and pick who I think will win instead.

Dan you get the same thanks for next week when I probably get 1 from 8 lol

So does getting 4 from 4 get me back into the last fan standing comp??????
?????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Eveyrone should have received the PM now. Can you all please check it and if it is incorrect for you, please let me know so i can check the logs?

Ok so the basics is that it marks everyone as tipping the Roosters in the PM, so I can start narrowing down that part of the code now :)

Thank you all for the reports. I will look into this today and re-send the PM when I think I have nailed the bug.

Re-sending PM now. This should work. I was missing one lousy little "t" on one line of code, the log let me go straight to that line of code and find it.

niccipops said:
Woo hoo. I'm 24th!!!;) Up two from last week. :D I'm a climbing folks.

Hate to be a party popper Niccipops, but there are 69 tipsters ahead of you. That puts you in 70th position. :p
It says I'm 11th but I'm actually 29th.

Scrap that, still an issue, though getting closer. Can you please check your last PM and flag here if it is incorrect and just which game is incorrect so I can cross reference again?

Probably going to take two more runs at least to get this fixed so i apologise for the PM Spam.

bones said:
niccipops said:

Hate to be a party popper Niccipops, but there are 69 tipsters ahead of you. That puts you in 70th position. :p

Not true, 11th is 11th, but more like equal 11th. So it's more to do with your spot than how many people sit ahead, scoring a few extra points each round will move you closer to first.

We also record the time you enter your tips, the first person to enter tips in a weekly winner situation wins in a tie-break situation

^ And no, If you then make changes later that's seen as your 'first' entry.

So no entering the rest of the years tips now only to change them later so you're the first.

As would be my understanding.

:p

Dan said:
Scrap that, still an issue, though getting closer. Can you please check your last PM and flag here if it is incorrect and just which game is incorrect so I can cross reference again?

Probably going to take two more runs at least to get this fixed so i apologise for the PM Spam.

Mine still says the roosters game as incorrect.
Also, the storm are in bold when I tipped Titans, but it says correct which is correct lol

Just found another issue. The query double dipped on names, I have fixed the query, now I just need to fix the PM. The correct/incorrect flags should be right but the names are missing for now.

globaleagle said:
^ And no, If you then make changes later that's seen as your 'first' entry.

So no entering the rest of the years tips now only to change them later so you're the first.

As would be my understanding.

:p

The moose is correct

Ok last PM sent, it should all be fixed now.

Thank you all for your patience and dealing with the PM spam with grace. Just checked the logs and everyone who mentioned there was an issue previously should now have the correct PM. Any more issues with it please let me know however

Dan said:
bones said:
niccipops said:

Not true, 11th is 11th, but more like equal 11th. So it's more to do with your spot than how many people sit ahead, scoring a few extra points each round will move you closer to first.

We also record the time you enter your tips, the first person to enter tips in a weekly winner situation wins in a tie-break situation

But I'm not equal 11th. That would mean there is only 10 ahead of me. But there's 28 ahead of me, so I'm 29th. If Souths, Roosters and Storm were all on 24 points and Manly were on 20 points, Manly would still be 4th, not equal second.

bones said:
Dan said:
bones said:
niccipops said:

But I'm not equal 11th. That would mean there is only 10 ahead of me. But there's 28 ahead of me, so I'm 29th. If Souths, ,roosters and Storm were all on 24 points and Manly were on 20 points, Manly would still be 4th, not equal second.

You are equal 11th, there are only 10 higher scores than you on the leaderboard, making you equal 11th, your position is calculated off of your score, not your name or any other factor.

There may be 28 people ahead of you, however score-wise there are only 10 points between you and 1st position, meaning you are in 11th spot.

You are on 154 points, and 1st is on 174, there are 4 people in 10th on 156, 6 people on 158 in 9th position and so on.

So yes you are in 11th position, no technicalities, nothing, just 11th.

If Souths, Storm and Roosters were all on 24 points and all had the same point differencial then Manly would be classed as second, until the point differencial changed. They have mitigating factors such as that. The tipping comp doesn't apart from the weekly winner.

So yes again you are still in 11th, no if's but's or maybes

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2