Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Get what you are saying, but I wonder how many try assists come off say Parker to Garrick, versus either Foz, Schuster or Turbo to Garrick?
parker isn't really there to be the link man. Turbo is.

Parkers' job in 90% of those tries to Garrick and Tommy on the left edge is to run a line that holds up the defenders to create the space. Foz then has the option to go to Tom, over the top to Garrick OR hit parker into a hole. its not rocket science obviously but it works bloody well.

I really doubt Moses would be prepared to be a decoy that gets smashed 20 times a match.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Haha that's pretty good, was that in the podcast or did you come up with it?
Garrick's new nickname should be Grease, love it :)
I'm claiming both of those. 100% mine......:)

Have no idea where it came from, but popped in just at the right moment.

How bout we agree that the Garrick and Saab combo should forever be named Grease and Lightning????????

We were struggling for a nickname for Saab the other day were we not?

Ryan

Journey Man
parker isn't really there to be the link man. Turbo is.

Parkers' job in 90% of those tries to Garrick and Tommy on the left edge is to run a line that holds up the defenders to create the space. Foz then has the option to go to Tom, over the top to Garrick OR hit parker into a hole. its not rocket science obviously but it works bloody well.

I really doubt Moses would be prepared to be a decoy that gets smashed 20 times a match.

Can't say I disagree with any of that. It's hard to argue against Parker. Especially if your debating Suli, who literally has a splash of intense form, then drops off the cliff quality wise. Parkers best and worst aren't too different, and I'd definitely rate him "good to excellent" - to the point I honestly believe he's City / Country Origin quality.

In saying that, much to most disagreement, I'd always want Walks / Harper, but thats just me (full strength), mainly because Fainu / Lawton as your 9 / 14 work, and you want Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley, Davey, Sironen on the bench somewhere.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here are your facts @Eagle of London

NRL FOX

Moses Suli returned to the starting side for the first time since Round 13 and didn’t miss a beat
Surely everyone knows by now ... just because you see it on Fox doesn't make it a fact.
Manly didn't even play in Round 13 we had a bye!

He was last a starter on the wing in Round 18

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Surely have to take into account the number of i st grade games Suli has actually played the past two seasons . Unfortunately injured for a good part of last season , not that many starts this year with early season injuries and difficulty breaking into the side for many months now and with the side previously doing quite well , so hardly an accurate guide on his overall form level for the past 2 seasons . Had some impressive wins since the first four rounds but how many against really consistent and top line sides . Came close to the Storm and good chance if Suli was playing . may have even given Manly a vital edge . A matter of conjecture but in the big games , certainly go along with the mantra of having the best available and even best individual 13 out there to match it with the better sides or top contenders . Not too sure how Suli "s last two full games is somehow being under rated in some instances and when he has been given a decent opportunity to perform and with out the benefit of Turbo very likely making him look even better if he was in those sides .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm a Parker fan and apparently a lot of the value he adds is due to decoy lines and stuff he does which I wouldn't even notice.
However in defence of Suli, he didn't have Foran to put him into gaps previously. Can Foran also help his defence decision-making? I don't know and we may not get to find out!
But I can't fault Suli's attitude since coming back from injury, he looked like he was trying to rip in when given a few runs off the bench and he certainly starred when given a starting opportunity last week in a hard game.
I'd be more confident of Parker continuing to improve if he didn't get knocked out so often, it's quite a big concern.

manly al

First Grader
Manly 's edge defence has improved immeasurably since Olokau - atu and Schuster have consistently been there , apart from some general improvement with whatever form of sliding defence . Turbo at the back no doubt assisting also with directing or trying to direct the defensive line . Need some better communication from when the Raiders scored their last minute try , Suli partly at fault but more then him were on that edge that gave the Raiders their overlap .Still also maintain that Suli is actually quite a solid defender one on one , and again would be more concerned with Saab "s reads at the present time .

QLDSeaeagle

Reserve Grader
Des Hasler who was quoted as saying the Monster was Awesome .
Having only seen Suli perform well a few times, Des was bound to be impressed, but then again, Des is not the sort of bloke to put a boot into a blokes backside as he leaves the club, Des is also smart enough not to knock the bloke before the price is settled.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
This picture of Suli giving a try assist to the Raiders with his face off a bomb is made more infuriating by BOZO explicitly saying he doesn’t tolerate mediocrity by Manly players

1629768467075.jpeg

Last edited:

eaglebuzz

Bencher
If Suli played like he did last week every week, he'd be probably the third player picked each week (after Turbo and DCE). But He doesn't play that way every week, and his lack of application in defense has been more than enough to outweigh his contributions in attack most First Grade matches he has played.

When he is on, he is in the top 5 centres in the NRL. He just needs to be on more consistently.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
For those of you who can still remember 1970 and an old Bobby Sherman hit:

Suli, Suli, Suli do you love Manly?
Suli, Suli, Suli, do you care?
Suli, Suli, are you thinking of Manly?
Suli, Suli, will you still be there?

tookey

First Grader
This picture of Suli giving a try assist to the Raiders with his face off a bomb is made more infuriating by BOZO explicitly saying he doesn’t tolerate mediocrity by Manly players

View attachment 19080
Suli was just doing his impersonation of T-Rex A big body but no football brain

The raiders last try showed Suli's biggest weakness - his lack of pace

The raiders centre and winger made him look very pedestrian which you cannot be in the modern game as it is all about speed

HoldenV8

Journey Man
No need to be sorry feathered friend as this is your view

My view is what is best for our team and on current form the Monster at his most devastating and destructive best gives Manly the best chance for the title

Mate, I respect your opinion ... but you couldn't be more wrong.

Suli, even the way he was last Friday, is still more liability than asset. As I've said many times, what's the point in being able to score 2-3 tries per game if your $hithouse defense is letting in 4-5??

For all of what Des called a whale of a game from Suli last week against Canberra ... how many tries did we score down his side? A big, fat, zero. And how many did Canberra score down his side? They scored 3 all game, 2 of them down our left. And our left ... was Suli's side (please note that Suli wasn't solely responsible for that. Funa also played his part).

Moses Suli would be a certain starter at a few other clubs, no doubt about that. At a club like the Tigpies or St Merge he would be a cult hero. But the clubs where he wouldn't be a starter, Melbourne, Penrith, Souths, even Manly right now, are because they actually value defense as well as attack, not just something that gets them YouTube highlight reel videos.

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Suli was just doing his impersonation of T-Rex A big body but no football brain

The raiders last try showed Suli's biggest weakness - his lack of pace

The raiders centre and winger made him look very pedestrian which you cannot be in the modern game as it is all about speed
Saw it a bit different , Suli committed to tackle Whitehead , then recovered and turned to chase the Raider's winger who is no slouch in the speed department and had quite a head start . Don 't think that lack of pace is a problem for Moses , deceptively quick and very much doubt[ well pretty certain actually ] that neither Harper or Parker could have got or even close to the runaway Raiders winger .

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Saw it a bit different , Suli committed to tackle Whitehead , then recovered and turned to chase the Raider's winger who is no slouch in the speed department and had quite a head start . Don 't think that lack of pace is a problem for Moses , deceptively quick and very much doubt[ well pretty certain actually ] that neither Harper or Parker could have got or even close to the runaway Raiders winger .

Just watched that about 5 mins ago. He was committed as schuster seemed to be out of position, and it quickly turned into a 3 on 2. Suli did turn and chase but it wasn't going to be enough - tried the ankle tap though.

Not saying this makes him perfect but I wouldn't hang that try just on his shoulders.

(what was dce thinking with that intercept pass..?)

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Suli does have deceptive pace, and he can actually tackle. We know he can tackle because we've actually seen him do it. The problem is that he reads the defense at a pre-school level.

As an attacking player, I would probably have Suli in my side over Brad Parker, if blockbusting runs were all I cared about. But I value defense more than just attack, and for that Brad Parker is the centre of excellence compared to Moses Suli.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18