Time To Call Out Barrett And Certain Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett is making alot of rookie errors.
Let's not forget we are pretty much at full strength.
No snake and no Buher. But if rumours are true Barrettdoesbt rate Buher anyway.
He talked up a big game about defence but I am yet to see it and feel we are defending worse then last year.
The Penns have dug thier hole, and results matter.
If we are 0-5 I wouldn't bat an eye lid if Barrett was sacked. As I am not seeing any improvement in any areas at all

Im not panicking just disappointed and am not going to make any rash decisions for a few weeks . At the moment id be happy with 4 from 8 , then we'll make a charge.

Barrett is making alot of rookie errors.
Let's not forget we are pretty much at full strength.
No snake and no Buher. But if rumours are true Barrettdoesbt rate Buher anyway.
He talked up a big game about defence but I am yet to see it and feel we are defending worse then last year.
The Penns have dug thier hole, and results matter.
If we are 0-5 I wouldn't bat an eye lid if Barrett was sacked. As I am not seeing any improvement in any areas at all
Absolutely NO chance Barrett will be sacked in first 2 years.Bozo and the Penn's won't want to look stupid with their decision to sack Tooves and sign a rookie coach

Overlaps are due to players not numbering up, are they not? Which usually means players in the middle not trailing across, ie the overlap is not caused by the centre and winger that are faced with the impossible task.
Exactly. And it may well be that's where we missed Snake the most - in organising the defence. Maybe TT doesn't have the confidence and know-how yet? It is a big ask.

And, tactically, we might need to look at varying the level of compression, especially against teams with speed on the outside like the Tigers? And especially on later tackles in a set. To spread the defence more, we need total confidence in the defensive capabilities of those inside.

Last edited:
Absolutely NO chance Barrett will be sacked in first 2 years.Bozo and the Penn's won't want to look stupid with their decision to sack Tooves and sign a rookie coach
Yeah barring the spoon I don't think he will be sacked.
I just want to point out incase it isn't Clear.
I don't want Barrett a rookie coach sacked after two weeks.
I just wouldn't blow up if he did

Yeah barring the spoon I don't think he will be sacked.
I just want to point out incase it isn't Clear.
I don't want Barrett a rookie coach sacked after two weeks.
I just wouldn't blow up if he did
I agree,I'd rather more heat get put on Bob Fulton.10 yrs of Origin rubbish should prove that he isn't of sound mind.One of his sons must be in line to be next coach

Geez guys its the standard doom and gloom on silvertails. The sky is falling (maybe you just had too many beers).

Give it till about round 10 for combinations to gel. As many posters have said game speed is very different to a training paddock. And to Barretts credit he has adapted better to losses than tooves ever did. Yes there are still changes to be made but he pulled the trigger on a few good ones. I love marty out wide, and jake at lock. I also thought darcy did nothing last week and it was excellent bringing BJ and starling back. It also won't surprise me if he names parcell to start. We were way better with him on the field.

I think walker also needs to take on the line more. And please please get rid of the blackcat that is Brayden Wiliame. 13 starts 13 losses says it all.

.........oh and hello again everyone

Geez guys its the standard doom and gloom on silvertails. The sky is falling (maybe you just had too many beers).

Give it till about round 10 for combinations to gel.

.........oh and hello again everyone
Round 10? We all be in therapy by then!

Korisau isn't up to it! Needs to spend some time in reserves to figure out what he's doing! The forwards are meant to be our strength this year and they're not. Every time an opposition team goes wide they score. So this is what I would do!

Killer to five eight - slowing down now, will be better defensively, shift walker to centre to cover the opposing speed, he's an Australian test centre, he can handle it.

Parcell needs to play the 80

The back row needs to be Symonds 11 and Marty 12 with kale at lock.

Our props need to be Lawrence and starling.

The bench needs to be brown, myles, knight and mateo

Korisau isn't up to it! Needs to spend some time in reserves to figure out what he's doing! The forwards are meant to be our strength this year and they're not. Every time an opposition team goes wide they score. So this is what I would do!

Killer to five eight - slowing down now, will be better defensively, shift walker to centre to cover the opposing speed, he's an Australian test centre, he can handle it.

Agree with this, but until the team has more fluidity in attack Mateo can't be there...his offloads wouldn't find anyone. Leary in for him or possibly Lussick.

Who is Kale btw? Jake?

I agree,I'd rather more heat get put on Bob Fulton.10 yrs of Origin rubbish should prove that he isn't of sound mind.One of his sons must be in line to be next coach
It's true to say that bozo's winning % with teams he has been associated with after 1997 is very low.

Go and have a look at Jakes stats week 1 to week 2. He is a prop and is wasted at lock. He gains more metres at prop and makes more tackles. My pack and bench would be as follows:

8. Jake
9. Parcell
10. Starling
11. Lawrence
12. Tapau
13. Buhrer
14. Myles
15. Lussick
16. Leary
17. Knight

Go and have a look at Jakes stats week 1 to week 2. He is a prop and is wasted at lock. He gains more metres at prop and makes more tackles. My pack and bench would be as follows:

8. Jake
9. Parcell
10. Starling
11. Lawrence
12. Tapau
13. Buhrer
14. Myles
15. Lussick
16. Leary
17. Knight

Can't disagree with you there mate, will buhrer be ready round 3? Wouldn't mind seeing Lawrence in the second row just wouldn't be sure about his shifting ability! Would be great to see, lastnight he was instrumental!

Time to call out Barrett - for praise!

Master stroke moving Jake to lock and Marty to second row. Kudos on bringing back BJ and Starling and giving BJ and Parcell major game time.
The in game management of players by Barrett also shows that he can see what is working - hence the longer leash for Parcell and BJ. I just hope the shows itself in the team selection today and the effort next Monday.

It's actually interesting now to see the NSW Cup squad selection in advance so you know who is on the **** list...

My only complaints about Jake Trbojevic is that he needs to run more at the line and not try to play as a link man (i.e sometimes he passes the ball a bit too much), and he needs to put more grunt into his runs.

Last night showed that he is an 80 minute player. 46 tackles and didn't look like slowing down.

8. Jake
9. Parcell
10. Starling
11. Lawrence
12. Tapau
13. Buhrer
14. Myles
15. Lussick
16. Leary
17. Knight

Doesnt matter if we put Jake in 8 or 13.

Our lock plays as an additional middle forward. Same same.

Him playing 13 gives us an extra middle forward on the bench as Jake could play 80 mins at Lock or rotate him with bench forwards.

Well perhaps no one in NSW Cup has put their hands up to replace them..?

Hopefully Buhrer is fit and Snake is not far off.
Haha please Leary played well the week before and got dropped from the 17. You can't tell me that an experience player like Symonds would have put in a worse shift than Green did on Monday night.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8