Time To Call Out Barrett And Certain Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
April 9, 2015 11:46pm
Dean RitchieExclusiveThe Daily Telegraph

MANLY chairman Scott Penn has revealed for the first time that Geoff Toovey is a coach under pressure, declaring: “If we don’t have a good outcome this year, then we will be having some serious discussions.”

Penn spoke exclusively with The Daily Telegraph about Toovey’s future while also discussing Daly Cherry-Evans, Glenn Stewart, Brookvale Oval ticket prices and why his famous club is running last.

Asked about Toovey, Penn said: “It’s fair to say, that he and the team are under pressure. We are 1-4. We don’t want to be in that position. We need to win some games. I don’t want to put any undue pressure on anyone but we are a results-driven business. If we don’t have a good outcome this year, then we will be having some serious discussions.”

=================================
Same results on horizon
So what is your solution? Your axe has been ground to a nub - now what! Decisions right or wrong were made, and I believe your are insinuating they are wrong - therefore do you posit that they sack this coach?

BJ had blistering speed for a big man before his serious injuries. He is absolutely huge and looks like one of the strongest players in the comp. The game completely turned around when he came on.

Hard to argue with your other assessments Ryan. I thought J Turbo was down on last year but it is early days. The first 20 from the pack was diabolical but to their credit they fought back to make it a contest.

The game could have been in the balance if they had allowed what looked like a fair try under the posts. Matai is once again doing the work of the pack. One set not a forward touched it.

This could be a looong season.
Don't forget the two hit ups from Williame in the one set both over 10 metres.

The centers need space - same as the halfs. Forwards not providing it. Hard to go forward when you have the opposition smacking you as soon as you get the ball.
I agree with Chuck's reply to this post. It is way off the mark to excuse the backs performance tonight for lack of platform. That just wasn't true tonight, even though the platform was inconsistent.

I am soo looking forward to playing the broncs or the bunnies....

Honestly mate, at this stage, I think any team beats us. We are basically the Gold Coast Suns of the Gay-F-L. No chemistry. No leadership. No smart team selections.

Barrett said Stewart is nowhere near being close to coming back yet this season, so I might just take a break myself.

So what is your solution? Your axe has been ground to a nub - now what! Decisions right or wrong were made, and I believe your are insinuating they are wrong - therefore do you posit that they sack this coach?
To be honest I have no real problem with Baz he is still an unknown in coaching but I would have preferred to start the season with a proven first grade coach.

Take a look at the NRL, NSW Cup & Toyota Cup ladders and you'll find Manly rooted right at the bottom of each
105754.png

Rant/ Just skip to the player(s) your interested in.

I cannot fathom how in 4 full grades (consisting now of 11 games) from SG Ball up, our club is 0 wins, 11 losses to start the season. That has to be a record doesn't it?

Trent Barrett
: Stop with the retarded team selections. You have no-one to blame but your own idiocy as these losses pile up. You want to give Green 5 minutes of game time, yet have Mateo playing NSW Cup? If there is an ulterior motive in wanting him to quit the damned club, just say so. How the HELL can a bonafide coach select Green, Brown, Wiliame when clearly more proven, more superior options are available?

Nate Myles: **** me dead - what a plodder. He makes Jason King look like Usain Bolt. If he is here to teach the other forwards, no wonder we are getting smashed up the middle each week. I've never seen a more immobile forward in all my days. I honestly think we may as well have asked Ben Kennedy to return and he'd probably still make more impact.

Brayden Wiliame and Jorge Taufua: I'll lump them together, because they are as bad as each other. They struggle to defend any form of attack. Unfortunately, Lyon and Matai's lack of pace doesn't help (and they are also really disappointing me - especially Lyon). Wiliame is now 12 games, 12 losses, but you keep selecting him Barrett. He offered nothing in attack AND defense. Taufua is deplorable this season (another shoulder Jorge? That was the excuse for poor form last time).

Api Koroisou - There's a reason he wasn't bought back on. The bloke is an absolute farce at dummy half. Not sure how Myles had the audacity to have a go at Api about his poor pass on the line (as Myles attack is so pathetic, it's embarrassing), but boy, what a joke.

Nathan Green - Comes on in the last few. Drops a few balls. We make a break, he panics, and stops dead stop. What the **** man? This is first grade. If your afraid to catch AND run, go play tennis. What a dead set joke.

Lewis Brown: Drop ball, drop ball, give away a penalty, fall off a tackle, lay on the play the ball, do something decent - rinse, repeat. I mean come ON. Your playing for Manly now, not some half arsed Panthers or Warriors outfit. Very un-Manly like.

Vave:- Honestly, the reason other forward packs are destroying us, is because once they make impact, they drive. We don't. This plodder stops, turns his back to the opposition, and stands there while the opposition defense gets set. Another plodder, only slightly better than Nate Myles.

Daly Cherry-Evans: How the **** is he the highest paid player in the game. Two almost rookies tore him apart tonight, and a new halves pairing tore him apart last week. How are we paying his ridiculous asking price, when he is playing not even average halfback football? I expected plenty more, and he has completely underwhelmed - horrible to finish last season. Even worse this season. I'd have every half back we've played against over him so far.

Dylan Walker: Sounds terrible, but we need a 5/8. Get rid of one of the centres (Lyon - play him at 5/8). We are lacking speed, especially out wide. Need someone to cover Taufua's and Wiliame's screw ups.

Now, on the flipside, I can't just rip, and not counter.

Jake & Tom Trbojevic: Still getting better (if that's possible). While we were struggling last year, these boys were a highlight. They are again this season.

Matt Parcell:- Looks great. So young, and so much improvement in him. Still think he has to play 80 minutes, but Barrett will continue to play his Penrith & Dragons favorites.

Marty Taupau: HEAPS better this week, by a mile ! Good move putting him out wider. Credit where credit is due - Barrett's not a complete basket case, yet.

Brenton Lawrence: Honestly, I don't remember him being this good. If we got that week in, week out, Jesus Christ we are on a good thing. What a player.

I agree with most of your views .Martin Taupau was great - But if we are out enthused with little intensity and no line speed - we won't beat anyone.Surely give Liam Knight a go off the bench to replace Nathan Green - who wouldn't make the local under 8's....

Mate, he's just stating a fact. Look at all the ladders. Not much to say really - we are probably as a club, the worst in the entire NRL. 0 wins from 12 games this season.
I only accept this info from genuine Manly supporters and not from others who just want to put the boot in

One problem looks to be on the way towards being solved - the forwards. They were competitive, unlike last week. Tigers had more intensity in their ball running, especially early on, but we didn't lose the game there. The addition of Lawrence and Starling added real starch. Lawrence was Manly's MOM with his intensity, his leg drive, offloads and defence. And Tapau's attack was outstanding.

The sad story of the game was the backs being totally outclassed, and totally outpaced. They offered little in attack (apart from Matai's hard yard runs). And in defence, as soon as it was passed wide, the Tigers had overlaps and speed to burn every time. That is definitely not the wingers' fault. If you've got Tedesco outside his man, and you're the winger, you're on a hiding to nothing every time.

It became boring and predictable, not just that Wests were going to score, but exactly how they were going to score. Their tries were all way too easy. Major, major problem with our structures there.

I agree with most of your views .Martin Taupau was great - But if we are out enthused with little intensity and no line speed - we won't beat anyone.Surely give Liam Knight a go off the bench to replace Nathan Green - who wouldn't make the local under 8's....

Mate, we have to go with proven.

Stewart for Wiliame
Mateo for Green
Symonds for Brown (who goes to the bench, but mot dropped)
Lussick for Vave
Buhrer for Starling (who becomes 18th man)

Myles and Koroisau were absolute garbage tonight. Myles only turns up for QLD and has been for years. Have to agree about our outside backs being outpaced and outclassed, Lyon looks really off the pace this year.. Starting to think moving him to 5/8 and Walker to centres is more because Lyon is more of a liability in his position more so then Walkers.

The wins will come. The Tigers put one over us but they could have quite easily lost that game if a few calls fell out way. Such is life.

Tough day for Barrett. Wakes up with another loss and has to name a team. Hopefully Myles is injured.

I honestly don't care if we had a team of prop forwards or a bunch of kids. There are some things that you just expect from anyone playing for Manly or any team aspiring to be successful, and there is no excuse even if you're playing with a bunch of strangers -

- linespeed. Absolutely non-existent except from Jake T and Matt Parcell. Shame on us for young Matty going up on his own. "Needing to gel" doesn't cut it as an excuse in defence for me. It's about effort and enthusiasm. Tigers walked through as we fell off them. Embarrassing.

- 5th tackle options. Horrific yet again. Inside balls, forgetting tackle count and giving it off to a forward on the 5th. Same as last week, at some point in a set you have to make the opponent think and work. At no point have we done that for two weeks. All our tries have been individual efforts and scrappy to poor defence as well - literally no offensive structure. We look lost in offensive sets.

- kick chase. Some bombs were poor from Walker and gave us no chance, but the others were easily reachable and we didn't contest one kick all night.

- This one really grinds me - stopping at the f***ing line!!!!!! The Tigers D was as soft as ours and Marty proved it when he actually ran in. Myles should be ashamed, jog and stop, like a lamb to the slaughter. That just comes down to heart.

Its the shocking lack of basics that makes me think what in gods name have we been doing for an entire offseason? I'm not one for writing teams off, and I would not back against my own team, but these are truly the most basic of things to do, and we are failing miserably. It's ominous. I can't bare watching that week in week out. Another season of that is daunting.

No need for major changes , but Sharks will be hard, could be 0-3

Tom -
??? - is there anyone else ?
Walker - need pace out wide, other teams young guys will and are killing us.
Matai - still runs the ball up hard, still solid.
Tafua - on his last chance(s)
Lyon - experience to help DCE
DCE- cause we payed him so much, he will come good.
Myles - He'll find his feet- hopefully
Parcell - Gun
Starlo- Improving
Marty - Was devastating out wide
Mateo - still rate him, ball skills are great
Jake- picks himself

Brown - can play, hooker. centre, 2nd row if any get injured
BJ - Was great off the bench - very underrated
Vave - thought was OK - only young
Symonds - Think can make a difference on the edges

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts