Time To Call Out Barrett And Certain Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Rant/ Just skip to the player(s) your interested in.

I cannot fathom how in 4 full grades (consisting now of 11 games) from SG Ball up, our club is 0 wins, 11 losses to start the season. That has to be a record doesn't it?

Trent Barrett
: Stop with the retarded team selections. You have no-one to blame but your own idiocy as these losses pile up. You want to give Green 5 minutes of game time, yet have Mateo playing NSW Cup? If there is an ulterior motive in wanting him to quit the damned club, just say so. How the HELL can a bonafide coach select Green, Brown, Wiliame when clearly more proven, more superior options are available?

Nate Myles: **** me dead - what a plodder. He makes Jason King look like Usain Bolt. If he is here to teach the other forwards, no wonder we are getting smashed up the middle each week. I've never seen a more immobile forward in all my days. I honestly think we may as well have asked Ben Kennedy to return and he'd probably still make more impact.

Brayden Wiliame and Jorge Taufua: I'll lump them together, because they are as bad as each other. They struggle to defend any form of attack. Unfortunately, Lyon and Matai's lack of pace doesn't help (and they are also really disappointing me - especially Lyon). Wiliame is now 12 games, 12 losses, but you keep selecting him Barrett. He offered nothing in attack AND defense. Taufua is deplorable this season (another shoulder Jorge? That was the excuse for poor form last time).

Api Koroisou - There's a reason he wasn't bought back on. The bloke is an absolute farce at dummy half. Not sure how Myles had the audacity to have a go at Api about his poor pass on the line (as Myles attack is so pathetic, it's embarrassing), but boy, what a joke.

Nathan Green - Comes on in the last few. Drops a few balls. We make a break, he panics, and stops dead stop. What the **** man? This is first grade. If your afraid to catch AND run, go play tennis. What a dead set joke.

Lewis Brown: Drop ball, drop ball, give away a penalty, fall off a tackle, lay on the play the ball, do something decent - rinse, repeat. I mean come ON. Your playing for Manly now, not some half arsed Panthers or Warriors outfit. Very un-Manly like.

Vave:- Honestly, the reason other forward packs are destroying us, is because once they make impact, they drive. We don't. This plodder stops, turns his back to the opposition, and stands there while the opposition defense gets set. Another plodder, only slightly better than Nate Myles.

Daly Cherry-Evans: How the **** is he the highest paid player in the game. Two almost rookies tore him apart tonight, and a new halves pairing tore him apart last week. How are we paying his ridiculous asking price, when he is playing not even average halfback football? I expected plenty more, and he has completely underwhelmed - horrible to finish last season. Even worse this season. I'd have every half back we've played against over him so far.

Dylan Walker: Sounds terrible, but we need a 5/8. Get rid of one of the centres (Lyon - play him at 5/8). We are lacking speed, especially out wide. Need someone to cover Taufua's and Wiliame's screw ups.

Now, on the flipside, I can't just rip, and not counter.

Jake & Tom Trbojevic: Still getting better (if that's possible). While we were struggling last year, these boys were a highlight. They are again this season.

Matt Parcell:- Looks great. So young, and so much improvement in him. Still think he has to play 80 minutes, but Barrett will continue to play his Penrith & Dragons favorites.

Marty Taupau: HEAPS better this week, by a mile ! Good move putting him out wider. Credit where credit is due - Barrett's not a complete basket case, yet.

Brenton Lawrence: Honestly, I don't remember him being this good. If we got that week in, week out, Jesus Christ we are on a good thing. What a player.

BJ had blistering speed for a big man before his serious injuries. He is absolutely huge and looks like one of the strongest players in the comp. The game completely turned around when he came on.

Hard to argue with your other assessments Ryan. I thought J Turbo was down on last year but it is early days. The first 20 from the pack was diabolical but to their credit they fought back to make it a contest.

The game could have been in the balance if they had allowed what looked like a fair try under the posts. Matai is once again doing the work of the pack. One set not a forward touched it.

This could be a looong season.

I cannot fathom how in 4 full grades (consisting now of 11 games) from SG Ball up, our club is 0 wins, 11 losses to start the season. That has to be a record doesn't it?

Trent Barrett
: Stop with the retarded team selections. You have no-one to blame but your own idiocy as these losses pile up. You want to give Green 5 minutes of game time, yet have Mateo playing NSW Cup? If there is an ulterior motive in wanting him to quit the damned club, just say so. How the HELL can a bonafide coach select Green, Brown, Wiliame when clearly more proven, more superior options are available?

Nate Myles: **** me dead - what a plodder. He makes Jason King look like Usain Bolt. If he is here to teach the other forwards, no wonder we are getting smashed up the middle each week. I've never seen a more immobile forward in all my days. I honestly think we may as well have asked Ben Kennedy to return and he'd probably still make more impact.

Brayden Wiliame and Jorge Taufua: I'll lump them together, because they are as bad as each other. They struggle to defend any form of attack. Unfortunately, Lyon and Matai's lack of pace doesn't help (and they are also really disappointing me - especially Lyon). Wiliame is now 12 games, 12 losses, but you keep selecting him Barrett. He offered nothing in attack AND defense. Taufua is deplorable this season (another shoulder Jorge? That was the excuse for poor form last time).

Api Koroisou - There's a reason he wasn't bought back on. The bloke is an absolute farce at dummy half. Not sure how Myles had the audacity to have a go at Api about his poor pass on the line (as Myles attack is so pathetic, it's embarrassing), but boy, what a joke.

Nathan Green - Comes on in the last few. Drops a few balls. We make a break, he panics, and stops dead stop. What the **** man? This is first grade. If your afraid to catch AND run, go play tennis. What a dead set joke.

Lewis Brown: Drop ball, drop ball, give away a penalty, fall off a tackle, lay on the play the ball, do something decent - rinse, repeat. I mean come ON. Your playing for Manly now, not some half arsed Panthers or Warriors outfit. Very un-Manly like.

Vave:- Honestly, the reason other forward packs are destroying us, is because once they make impact, they drive. We don't. This plodder stops, turns his back to the opposition, and stands there while the opposition defense gets set. Another plodder, only slightly better than Nate Myles.

Daly Cherry-Evans: How the **** is he the highest paid player in the game. Two almost rookies tore him apart tonight, and a new halves pairing tore him apart last week. How are we paying his ridiculous asking price, when he is playing not even average halfback football? I expected plenty more, and he has completely underwhelmed - horrible to finish last season. Even worse this season. I'd have every half back we've played against over him so far.

Dylan Walker: Sounds terrible, but we need a 5/8. Get rid of one of the centres (Lyon - play him at 5/8). We are lacking speed, especially out wide. Need someone to cover Taufua's and Wiliame's screw ups.

Jake & Tom Trbojevic: Still getting better (if that's possible). While we were struggling last year, these boys were a highlight. They are again this season.

Matt Parcell:- Looks great. So young, and so much improvement in him. Still think he has to play 80 minutes, but Barrett will continue to play his Penrith & Dragons favorites.

Marty Taupau: HEAPS better this week, by a mile ! Good move putting him out wider. Credit where credit is due - Barrett's not a complete basket case, yet.

Brenton Lawrence: Honestly, I don't remember him being this good. If we got that week in, week out, Jesus Christ we are on a good thing. What a player.

No love for Josh Starling? He was just as heroic as Taupau, Lawrence and Trbojevic. Not many players deserve credit from that game so I'm just sticking up for one that does.

BJ had blistering speed for a big man before his serious injuries. He is absolutely huge and looks like one of the strongest players in the comp. The game completely turned around when he came on.

Hard to argue with your other assessments Ryan. I thought T Turbo was down on last year but it is early days. The first 20 from the pack was diabolical but to their credit they fought back to make it a contest.

The game could have been in the balance if they had allowed what looked like a fair try under the posts. Matai is once again doing the work of the pack. One set not a forward touched it.

This could be a looong season.

Also, thought butter fingers Green actually knocked the ball back ith a kicking motion, and Parcell scores on the dot. We get that decision, I reckon we go on with it.

I think you have pretty much summed it up there @Ryan. I still see more potential in Williame then Taufua take my eyes off the ball to catch it. But let's discuss that another day. And think your a little hard on Vave. He does turn his back granted, but still bends a line more the Nate we Hate Smyles. But yeah pretty accurate indeed.

Trent Barrett

Can't disagree with much here. Think you were tuff on Jorge..

Its only round 2 and 2 fairly poor performances
But with the right selections as pointed out and keep the same team on the park i think we will start to see some good results
I'm going to say i believe Barrett will get it right eventually

Also, thought butter fingers Green actually knocked the ball back ith a kicking motion, and Parcell scores on the dot. We get that decision, I reckon we go on with it.
He knocked it back. But no way we go on n win that game. Count on one hand the blokes in our team with some ticker. Barrett knows it, hence the comment at half time. Tigers had 2 left on the bench for the last 40 and still ran all over us. Most of our players just didn't want it.

Lyon is a Manly legend but gees he's offering nothing in attack for a good 12 months now and our edge defense.......good god. The Souths final in 2014 pretty much sums up our defensive structure these days. It's never really been fixed since.

We're going to regret letting Gutherson and Whare leave and hanging onto Killer just a bit too long.

cant help but think if we had this same squad with tooves as coach we'd have won both games. Im not writing off barret but tooves was quality and manlys culture. Anyways, team was a joke besides Jake T, Taupau and lawrence. Move parcell to 9, drop green williame and starling.

vs Sharks:
Snake, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Turbo, Walker, $$$man, Lawrence, Parcell, Myles, Taupau, Symonds, Trbojevic.
Bench: Koroisau, Leary, Lussick, Brown

agree with most of this, except for Taufua. Taufua ALWAYS gets ripped on when we lost, scapegoat week in week out. I agree that he forgets to mark his man often (huge problem) but putting him on par with williame is absolutely mind boggling. Taufua offers us metres in abundance, hits and tries, williame offers literally nothing. Lyon clearly doesnt trust williame outside him.

Pretty funny appraisal Ryan, that game had me dragging my bottom lip......even blaming the ref who made some shockers, but fact is quality teams soak up bad calls & rise above them.
I am not anti Barrett yet with this new setup, but some selective decisions are yet to be validated...
I realise many will call out the usual suspects in Williame & Green but they had plenty of company including a personal favourite in Lyon & personally think DCE will come good but very surprised by his lack of impact both games. Myles can obviously play but looks off the pace & Lawrence looked like an absolute star in comparison in his first game back....Brown average apart from a try.....worst thing imp is not losing, it's the way they are losing....inspiration is missing across the park.
Come back soon Snake

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6