Time for our No1 Ticket Holder & Premier Baird to support their own electorate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Christol74

Reserve Grader
With all the crap going on at this great club at the moment we desparately need something good to happen. It is going to be very difficult to recruit top players to our club at the moment given the talent we have lost, the infighting, and the general feeling of uncertainty created by our boards mismanagment of the whole saga. The only players I can see signing with us at the moment will be those unwanted by other clubs, or greedy money whores that will not have the right attitude for our club.

We have a State election in a couple of weeks and Mike Baird is sitting on a heap of cash for Stadiums. The State Gov, Federal Gov, and Parramatta Council have funded the current upgrade underway at Parramatta Stadium and Parramatta Council gave the Eels a massive park with two full size football fields on it to build their high performance centre and training facilities for all grades. The State and Federal Government also paid for the construction of the Titans $80million Stadium in Robina.

It is about time the hard word is put on Abbott and Baird to do something for their own electorate for once in their lives. Not just piecemeal sums that disapear into the Warringah council coffers. Our star players are leaving to go to clubs with large stadiums, corporate facilites and their own high performance training facilities. If we get the funding to build the facility we deserve on the Northern Beaches, we will have something to look forward to and something to help entice players to our club. Better facilities also assists development for our juniours and quality corporate facilities are are must for survival.

If it doesn't happen this election I fear we won't be around by the time the next election arrives. Its time for the fans to write to their local MP and put them on notice. We need specific policy announcements regarding funding for Brookvale Oval upgrade before this State election is held.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robina_Stadium

http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/you...els_to_begin_upgrade_at_old_saleyards_reserve

10299539_10152645673256262_1497707432549380135_n.jpg

This story on the news tonight and being mentioned on 360 tonight most talk was Allianz and Pirtek Could this mean No funding for Brookie ???
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sydney-stadiums-pay-day-close-baird/story-e6freuy9-1227327172430
I suppose it's a case of who ultimately owns Brookvale Oval, the council doesn't want the day to day running and maintenance costs associated, probably a transfer to a NSW Government Trust would alleviate this problem.
However they could be hindered by under what circumstances the ground was gifted to the council and whether a transfer to a government trust is possible.

The poles and wires can only be sold once. NSW is cashing up its assets for a big one-off spending splurge. But it seems we're not even in the mix of projects being considered by our Premier, our local member.

Not now = Not in this generation = Not ever

IMO it's now or never for Brookie

The story I read is that the NRL want to demolish the SFS and build a 65,000 seat (retractable) roof stadium in its place. And they want to re-configure ANZ Stadium to get rid of the round ends to make it a rectangular field and possibly put a roof or a retractable one on it. From what I've heard this might reduce capacity to around 75-80k.

Parramatta Stadium is set to get an upgrade in capacity from 20 to 32k to appease those in the western suburbs.

Brookvale will once again get ignored (most likely). The problem is that the Sea Eagles are the only national sports league team representing the area north of Sydney Harbour. If there was an A-League team playing out of Brookvale then it would definitely be in line for money.

Not worth it with Baird. He's not a Rugby League fan and has no fear of losing his seat. Same with Abbott.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6