Tim Sheens is a fool

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
He had DCE on the bench for 80 minutes a few year's back :mad:
Meninga managed to utilise DCE's talents in the most physical of contests - the SOO :cool:

Let the others get bashed up, then DCE can play in the finals and win Man of The Match :D

Australian squad to play England is: Billy Slater, Brett Morris, Greg Inglis, Brent Tate, Darius Boyd, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matthew Scott, Cameron Smith (c), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen (vc).

Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Luke Lewis, Robbie Farah, Corey Parker.

Looking forward to seeing some of Manly's Grand Final team in this team - oh wait.....

Chip and Chase said:
COMMANDER said:
The Kiwis will win back to back world cups.

If Slater has anything to do with, then yes they will.

What was diabolical about that game was how bad Benji Marshal was. WORST game by any player in the history of rugby league up until the ball started falling into his lap from Aussie mistakes.

The Kiwis will be massively better without him.

For that matter I'm looking forward to seeing easts and manly players from the gf going round again. Oh wait... Who were the 2 best teams again?

When was the last time an Aussie Test side has been named less than 3 weeks after the grand final and not included a single player from either grand final team? Probably never happened before.

Roos will mail it in, thus falsely crediting Sheens as a capable Coach:dodgy:

Kearney can't Coach (NB. Bennet was there 4 years ago) plus the Kiwi Team doesn't have the cohesion of the Maroons SOO side that makes up the bulk of the Roos.

The myth of SBW may mesmerize the minnows in the RLWC, but the Roos will want to put him in his place ASAP - hence Call Me Cam's quote in the media about SBW Hogging the Limelight :p http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/australian-captain-cameron-smith-hopes-sonny-bill-williams-hogs-cup-limelight-20131022-2vyjf.html

The Poms seem to have drunk themselves out of any contention :dodgy:
Don't understand why they could not wait till they actually won something :huh:

But let's bring the real footy back to HD TV - can't wait till midnight :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@HappilyManly,

Your SMH link wasn't working so I removed the fullstop at the end of the link to make it work.

Cheers,
Jethro.

Sheens is indeed a fool. If Robbie Farah is a better "super sub" than DCE then I will get lucky with Elle Macpherson tonight.

Take a look at the player ratings on the NRL website. Is there some unwritten rule that players like the so-called "Big 3", Tate, Boyd, Gallen and Tamou have to be rated at least a 7/10 regardless?

I mean, he was fairly quiet compared to Thurston IMO and yet Cronk still got an 8 rating. I honestly thought he was a 6 at best. And how did Robbie Farah and Tamou get a 7 rating?

http://www.nrl.com/player-ratings-australia-v-england/tabid/10874/newsid/75166/default.aspx

How well does DCE have to play against Fiji to oust Sheens' love child/Farah from the bench spot? :s

wombatgc said:
How well does DCE have to play against Fiji to oust Sheens' love child/Farah from the bench spot? :s

Run for 750m, 75 tackles, 211 line breaks, 1200 try assists, 88 hit-ups, sing the national anthem and drive the team bus to and from the ground.

manlyfan76 said:
wombatgc said:

Run for 750m, 75 tackles, 211 line breaks, 1200 try assists, 88 hit-ups, sing the national anthem and drive the team bus to and from the ground.

Well there's your problem.

He doesn't score any tries!!!

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
wombatgc said:

Well there's your problem.

He doesn't score any tries!!!
Nah he is just there to come off the bench for 10 min either side of half time and set em up.

Obviously I am a fan of DCE but he is either in the side at no 7 or not at all. How many NRL club sides carry a back up halfback on the bench? Not many. Where as many teams have back up 9's and use them in their rotation. I have no issue with Farah in the side.

Smith is an 80 minute player so does not need a backup.
DCE played off the bench at SOO level & played a roving role more than a typical 1st reciever adding another dynamic to the attack when it was needed.
If its between Farah & DCE the ONLY way Farah would get the nod is if it was his former coach in charge....hmmmm.

To me it's obvious. DCE is in the squad as a back up half. Not an impact player. That's how it's always been done. Just because Qld used him differently doesn't mean Australia should.

Garts and Stevo are spot on with their comments above

To me it doesn't really matter that Smith is normally an 80 mins player, Watmough, Horo and Stewart are all 80min players too but we always have a backrower on the bench

DCE was given a role in origin because he offers so much in a roving role? No that is not the case. They are preparing him for when Cronk moves on. DCE has already played and will slot straight in. They did the same with Cronk when Lockyer was around. That selection is purely to ease the transition for the Maroons to minimise the impact of key players leaving. When you take off your Manly goggles Farah is a better selection on the bench.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4