Tigpies goooooooooooone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lockyer was almost a Sea Eagle. He agreed to term and was all set to come to Manly in 1997.
1 thing got in the way.....the Super League war broke out and he took the big cash and stayed with the Broncos.

DUFFMAN said:
Lockyer was almost a Sea Eagle. He agreed to term and was all set to come to Manly in 1997.
1 thing got in the way.....the Super League war broke out and he took the big cash and stayed with the Broncos.

:huh:

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I celebrated like I did when Michael Witt broke away in 2008 to beat Melbourne. Haven't been that happy to see a team get knocked out. It was mainly because of the sickening hype and the refs trying to cheat the Warriors out of the game...plus I love the Warriors, easily my 2nd favourite team.

If its Manly vs Warriors I don't think there will be a person left on the beaches on GF day.

I just hope now Brisbane win: We become the last Sydney team standing as it always should be, we can beat Lockyer and knock him out (a once in a lifetime chance) and in one week Gus became a guy that couldn't be any more wrong.

With the Tigers gone for another year, there will be no more of these sorts of stories from Danny Weidler:

''And word out of the Tigers camp today, footage proving that Benji Marshall cheesing down an enormous nard, directly onto Tim Sheens' beard. This was a post-match celebration after the referees gifted the Meriton Magpies two points on Friday night, against Manly in Gosford.
The word is that luckily for Tim, Beau Ryan, Liam Fulton and Robbie Farah all volunteered to tongue Tim's beard clean. David Gallop was unavailable for comment.

Danny Weidler, National Nine News.''

Tonights game is a win-win for us.

If we play Brisbane then we get to end Lockyer's career or we play Illawarra & give the chin nightmares about playing Manly for the rest of his life.

Good times.

Win,win,win,win!
Saturday see Bennet' disdain of the Team that doesn't pay him enough
Friday see Locky abdicate to the Foz
Sunday 2/10 see Manly restored as Premiers
Gallop's booing echoing all the way to Fortress Brookvale
:)

Beau knows GOOOOOOOONE!

Yea, was real happy to see the Warriors win last night and Tigers bow out of the comp.
The Tigers would have been real lucky if they had won - there were a good 3 or 4 ref calls against the Warriors that were doubtful, and the Warriors would have had a right to have been dirty if they had lost.

Whilst I rated the Tigers more dangerous and thus more hopeful of beating the Storm next week (and as we all know, any Storm loss is a good loss), the Warriors can do it and I'll be cheering them on mightily to do so.

Interesting that Sheens was so 'devastated' that he didn't front the media. My take on that is that he was devastated that the NRL went back on its promise to him to have the Tigers win through to the GF. The refereeing was atrocious. I just hope we don't have those two clowns next week. I can't understand why it is that the best two refs can't back up and ref two games on the weekend. Harrigon is attempting to manipulate the results imo.

I am stunned. Completely lost for words. I cannot believe that having trendy orange racing seats on the sideline for the coach and bench to sit on, was not enough to take them all the way to glory. Gobsmacked.

At no stage of the year have the Magpies been an 80 minute team. That caught up with them in the finals, inevitably. A couple of teams that come to mind as being consistent 80 minute teams this year are Manly & Melbourne... bad luck Gallop.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bad luck Gallop.

I guess even more so now, the Goose is heavily relying on the Broncos or Bennett's Queens to come up with the goods from here. Expect whoever wins tonight's match to be given preferential treatment against Manly. The NRL are also likely do all they can can to ensure the Warriors pip the purple scum.
Bunch of ar$eholes.

Tigers run simply came to an abrupt halt. They had all the calls including several clear double standards, played a NZ who though tried hard were far from fantastic & a home crowd. Also a big lead they failed to close out due to an arrogant attitude - particularly Farrah - that result after he failed to kick the ball last night was up there with Beau Ryan trashing his "like a Tiger" restaurant - i loved it!!:D.

on @deadsetlegends Joey just said even if the Inu try was not given the warriors would have been awarded a pen as Maloney hit after kicking the ball

Berkeley_Eagle said:
on @deadsetlegends Joey just said even if the Inu try was not given the warriors would have been awarded a pen as Maloney hit after kicking the ball
Prefer the 4 points thanks BE.......

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4