Post-Game Discussion Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Tigers
Vs
Sea Eagles
16 Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Maybe so Wombat, but Tom's still got pace of the mark, when Saab made that break off the Harper pass and was flying down the wing Tom just cruised up alongside him to take the inside pass to set up DCE. This to me says it's still there but it depends if it's a running in support play or a surge/hit-up through the line I guess. The Tiger forward who caught Tom, nothing to worry about their, he was going to draw and pass anyway so he kinda slowed up, which made it look worse than what it actually was.
Look at the pic below, and think had that been the 2021 Tom, he would’ve scored that himself. Even Saab is pointing him in the right direction. In 2021, DCE is there to be the first one to congratulate Tommy after he burns the young fullback and the prop who he had a good 5 metres on when he received the ball at pace.
For whatever medical reason he is not 100%. Going by that support run, I’d say 70-80% of the real TomT. Which is still very good. But until he’s back to 100% he isn’t the threat to the opposition he once was.

IMG_0796.jpeg

Look at the pic below, and think had that been the 2021 Tom, he would’ve scored that himself. Even Saab is pointing him in the right direction. In 2021, DCE is there to be the first one to congratulate Tommy after he burns the young fullback and the prop who he had a good 5 metres on when he received the ball at pace.
For whatever medical reason he is not 100%. Going by that support run, I’d say 70-80% of the real TomT. Which is still very good. But until he’s back to 100% he isn’t the threat to the opposition he once was.

View attachment 23675
Yeah, agree on Tommy's running game, maybe he should just bite the bullet don't think about it and just go for it. And if he does another hammy so be it. Just really hoping Tom's old 21 form could be just around the corner, but it does seem a ways of yet.

Interesting to see on Haumole's Insta stories today that Jason Saab was the players' player against the Tigers. Can't argue with that.

Can’t disagree. I thought his overall game was on the up before he got hurt last year. However, the extra muscle he has put on has improved his confidence immeasurably and he has now gone to the next level. No reason he can’t become an elite winger he now has all the tools.

It shows that for a young team like ours it is difficult to back up after a game like they had against the storm

Every team that gets in the 8 wins a few games ugly (look at the panthers most of this year apart from against us…) the bigger concern for me was the bench make up going into the game.

In a two hooker era we seem to be going the other way?

Also what was with the run around obsession from the tigers ?
I am not sure about our young team excuse
The core of this team has been together for a few years and
we have some very elite and experienced world class leaders in the side like Tom , DCE , and Jake and the very experienced yet very ineffective Woods who should never be in our NRL team again

I am not sure about our young team excuse
The core of this team has been together for a few years and
we have some very elite and experienced world class leaders in the side like Tom , DCE , and Jake and the very experienced yet very ineffective Woods who should never be in our NRL team again
This is where we will have to agree to disagree

In my humble opinion for the majority of players (only the really special ones are different) it takes a number of years to adapt at playing consistently in the NRL especially in a physical manner like we did against the storm

I remember reading we had the second youngest squad in the NRL - that is with DCE skewing the numbers as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8