Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the “ Tigers due for a win “ , and the scripted nature of season 2023 that worries me.

The NRL wants an even competition, tight , close games that the broadcasters love.

This will be manipulated for a Tigers win , if we let them.

Think about it , Tigers winless , everyone hates Manly , it’s a marriage made not in heaven but in NRL HQ.

Doesn’t mean we’ll lose , but does mean this is definitely NOT a walkover.

Gonna be positive this week…
Manly 13+, game may aswell be over at half time …

if I’m being realistic, games like this scare the crap out of me, as this manly team in the past few years always struggle to back up against an “easy” opponent after a hard fought win the week before… we SHOULD put the cleaners through this tigers rabble, I just hope the boys are fired up and dont come out flat like they usually do after a big game

We'll need the calm smarts to win against a fired up opponent who may well play their best game of the season, and it's not as though they are a team of mugs.
Have the smarts and class to hang in even if things are against us and come away with a win, the way Penrith did against Newcastle.

We'll need the calm smarts to win against a fired up opponent who may well play their best game of the season, and it's not as though they are a team of mugs.
Have the smarts and class to hang in even if things are against us and come away with a win, the way Penrith did against Newcastle.
And let’s face it , that’s very UN Manly like if we look at recent history.

We should absolutely win and win well but there’s an awful lot of reasons why we won’t either.

Over the last few years we have had an unfortunate habit of running teams into form when we play them .I can remember numerous games especially against the hapless Tigers (other than Anzac day 2021) where they have pulled our pants down and had their way with us,,, relentlessly !!
An violation I hope we don't see on Sunday .
I am really hoping that for once I can sit back ,relax ,not yell at the TV ,not have my current wife walk out and threaten to call the police if I don't shut up , and watch Manly just mercilessly flogg the Tigpies ,rather than put me thru the thrills and spills of games like Parra ,Souffs ,Knights and last week the Storm which were all pretty much nail biters and potential TV breakers (although I was at the Parra game ,so no chance of a broken TV there ).
BTW I don't think I could stand it if we are up 24 nil at half time and scrape home 24-22 or worse lose 26-24 ,Tigpies did something like that a few years ago to us .
Anyways expecting a hard game, hoping for a relaxing viewing experience and a solid Manly win
Go Manly!!!!

Over the last few years we have had an unfortunate habit of running teams into form when we play them .I can remember numerous games especially against the hapless Tigers (other than Anzac day 2021) where they have pulled our pants down and had their way with us,,, relentlessly !!
An violation I hope we don't see on Sunday .
I am really hoping that for once I can sit back ,relax ,not yell at the TV ,not have my current wife walk out and threaten to call the police if I don't shut up , and watch Manly just mercilessly flogg the Tigpies ,rather than put me thru the thrills and spills of games like Parra ,Souffs ,Knights and last week the Storm which were all pretty much nail biters and potential TV breakers (although I was at the Parra game ,so no chance of a broken TV there ).
BTW I don't think I could stand it if we are up 24 nil at half time and scrape home 24-22 or worse lose 26-24 ,Tigpies did something like that a few years ago to us .
Anyways expecting a hard game, hoping for a relaxing viewing experience and a solid Manly win
Go Manly!!!!
No such thing as a relaxing viewing experience when watching our beloved team play!

He's so humble.

Reminds me* of the time, many life times ago when I was sent to interview Wallaby Willie Ofahengaue for a feature! A feature no less!! A whole 1000 words. Woohoo!

Such a lovely, lovely monosyllabic man. Really, really sweet.

Hardest 1000 words of my life.

* I am not suggesting Haumole is monosyllabic - he's the Oxford dictionary compared to Willie O!

Can't help myself ... loved his response to the question about the Anzac jersey, "I love the colours".

And I love you Haumole!!
Willie O was such a Beast on the paddock, probably my favourite Wallaby from that period.

Go on .. bloody name one reason ... go on, I dare you ....
Okay you asked

Because we were complacent

Because the NRL scripted this to end up a certain way

Because the decision to run 4 forwards backfired

Because we went back to playing just dumb dumb football.

That’s four reasons why.

Plenty of reasons why we will win too but unlike most on here I just don’t think it’s a certainty.

Funny but if we were playing the Panthers this week I’d be more confident.

If we can't be confident of beating the lowest ranked team on the ladder and winning well, then, who can we be confident of beating ?.
If we actually lost to this tigers team I .. well, I dont even want to finish this sentence

Willie O was such a Beast on the paddock, probably my favourite Wallaby from that period.
I'm with you there, @Briza . If you can find it, have a look at the tackle he made on one of the Eastwood players in the 1997 RU Grand Final... Absolutely crunched him and bundled him across the touch line for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8