Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears Weekes has been dropped to reggies to get 80 minutes at Fullback,in preparation for TomT’s absence during Origin
well thats good planning for the future which is great ,just hope Froggy doesnt get hurt or needs a rest on Sunday .
But they obliviously have a plan for that too I guess
Go Manly

If we get that split personality defending manly side we’ll struggle but the fact schu is back after a rest he always seems hungry I’m more confident we’ll win.

The next fortnight is huge for our top 4 chances. We need these two wins to give us a shot at the top 4. Lose either one we drop back into the pack then playing Brisbane in Brisbane. We know the coaching staff are saying the right things to the group from pressers by the players but whether it actually sinks in and they are really up for this game is another thing. This is a big opportunity for us.

well thats good planning for the future which is great ,just hope Froggy doesnt get hurt or needs a rest on Sunday .
But they obliviously have a plan for that too I guess
Go Manly
You’d assume they’d have a plan but given Croker’s shoulder issues,you wouldn’t want to risk losing this game due to over stocking the bench with big boppers,just so someone gets ready for games down the track.

You’d assume they’d have a plan but given Croker’s shoulder issues,you wouldn’t want to risk losing this game due to over stocking the bench with big boppers,just so someone gets ready for games down the track.
I'm sure we have a contingency for Croker going down. I've seen Jake give just as good, if not better, service out of dummy half as Croker.

Could be a surprise "in" on game day, going in with 4fwds on the bench isn't sound tactically.

The next fortnight is huge for our top 4 chances. We need these two wins to give us a shot at the top 4. Lose either one we drop back into the pack then playing Brisbane in Brisbane. We know the coaching staff are saying the right things to the group from pressers by the players but whether it actually sinks in and they are really up for this game is another thing. This is a big opportunity for us.
It's a big opportunity to get our for and against up also. Mate, the planets are all aligned, Schuster and Garrick are back, Turbo's getting stronger with every game and the forwards will want to keep up the domination from the Storm game plus it's at Campbelltown Stadium we haven't lost there in donks..etc. Gold Coast and Broncs next up, we'll start worrying then.

Just imagine how big that Brisbane game will be if we win the next two and are sitting on 2nd or 3rd ???

I'm very aware that these games are those that we have been known to take lightly and get a pants pulled down with, but in saying whilst they have a reasonable forward pack, their 1-7 without Douehi and Naden is pretty average. This is a game we cannot walk away from without a win.

I'm very aware that these games are those that we have been known to take lightly and get a pants pulled down with, but in saying whilst they have a reasonable forward pack, their 1-7 without Douehi and Naden is pretty average. This is a game we cannot walk away from without a win.
🤞🤞🤞🤞

Thanks @The Wheel
I like the way our Great Media Manly Man Cuzzo uses stats and creates an interesting points that count game previews .

644​

Samuela Fainu will become the 644th player to play first grade for the Sea Eagles. Big, strong and athletic, this is just the beginning for a very talented 19-year-old who has come through the Sea Eagles Pathways program. Good luck 'Douzzaa'.

160​

The number of points the Wests Tigers have conceded in their six losses this season.

The Sea Eagles have scored 150 points in four consecutive wins against Wests Tigers.

Taniela Paseka, Haumole Olakau'atu, Josh Aloiai and Toafofoa Sipley all ran over 100 metres in the win over the Storm last week.

The Tigers have conceded 98 points in their past three games.

The amount of points the Sea Eagles put on the Wests Tigers the last time the two clubs met in ANZAC Round in 2021.

The Sea Eagles ran in seven tries to one with Daly Cherry-Evans grabbing a double. Reuben Garrick scored a try and kicked six goals from eight attempts in a memorable win.

The Sea Eagles have won 20 of the 34 games played between the two clubs. Manly has also won two of the three games played at Campbelltown.

Wests Tigers are currently in a club record 11-game losing streak that began in Round 21 last year.

Sea Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic has scored five tries in six games this season.

Wests Tigers have lost their last five games at Campbelltown Stadium.

Sunday’s game will be just the fourth time in 23 years the Sea Eagles have played the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
The first was in 2013 on a cold Monday night when the 'Lyon' roared and Jamie walked away with two tries in a strong win. The second was a two-point loss in 2018.

Last year, the Sea Eagles ran in five tries to one in a 30-4 win with prop Josh Aloiai 'mowing' down his former club to score two tries.

It's triple header time against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown this Sunday, with the first of three games kicking off at 11.50am.

Just like the corresponding game last year, pull on your Sea Eagles jersey, throw on the old scarf, and arrive at Campbelltown in full voice to once again prove that old age myth wrong once again that ‘Manly fans don’t travel’. The NSW Cup kicks off at 1.35pm with the NRL clash at 4pm.

The number of wooden spoons the Sea Eagles have proudly never won since their inception in 1947.

We know you love it!

We certainly do Cuzzo !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10