Tigers v Manly [Round 5 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think 2V has to take some blame for today as well…..our side was way too small compared to theirs and we just got pushed around too easily. Should have started JSL and not Buhrer along with starting King….then when they got tired bring on some spark like Buhrer…ballin just looked tired and so did choc

Susan has a good point , we have had a tough month...

our completion today was - 24/40 with only 40% possesion, double the errors , extra 100 tackles ,not finding touch after a penalty , give away tries & bombed a try of our own at 26-6...

all considered , with our worst performance in along time we lost by 16..

i know its a disappointing result , but it would of been alot worse for other teams..

only round 5 , and you know this team that we follow at the right time of the year they always seem to amaze !!!!! ( hence why we are hated , JEALOUSY ).

round 6 here we come

Refs ignored a hell of a lot in that first half as well, walking off the mark, holding onto tacklers, voluntary tackles.

We didn't deserve to win but we never had a chance.

Dirty tigers even going at it after the final whistle

As I said in another thread.Walking off the mark is no longer a penalty..they just get you to go back to the mark. Why not do it every time. Good coaching I reckon to take advantage of an ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS CHANGE TO A RULE.

Match reminded me a lot of 2008 vs the roosters at SFS where we got carved up by Amos Roberts in the teaming rain. Nothing went right for us that day and we lost to an almost identical score. Recall beaver having one of his worst games ever.

Only Ballin and Choc made more tackles than him today and he made 5m less than Lawrence, 15m less than Starling.

No where near our worst forward

Fluffy said:
Only Ballin and Choc made more tackles than him today and he made 5m less than Lawrence, 15m less than Starling.

BJ made more tackles.

Any game where even Choc doesn't make metres is not going to go well.

More errors, more missed tackles- we won the stats that put you behind the eight ball.

I'm not too worried about this one.
Tigers had a gale at their back for the first 30 minutes and a lot of balls bouncing their way leading to the momentum we saw. Manly were out enthused as Toovey put it, the only injury on the day was their pride.
Expect a big one against the guppies next week.
After the 26-0 onslaught, the game went 18-8 to Manly.
Write it off.
NYEagle

Yep matty b very tired, Robbie really got them going, blew us off the park for 35 mins.

Brett rusty, some uncharacteristic bad timing from him and Jamie.

Tough day, at the anti-brookie. Now our guys know how sides feel visiting us!

Have to watch the replay as I could hardly see anything in the 3 hours of driving rain :s
Too old now for all this dedication :p

Looked like Manly just wanted to fight, no one stood out apart from Matai. Really peeved with Foz and Choc for giving away so many penalties :mad: Then arguing with the Refs.

Haven't been this soaked since a Monday night up at Newcastle, which we also lost.

Good wake up call on our lack of discipline and adaptability :cool:

Glad its over :)

Everyone should just chill out. Just a bad day at the office. It happens to everyone. We were never in it, well played Tigers.

The Tigers were very good but they talked themselves up during the week, so they were always going to be up for it. Our guys just looked like they were physically and mentally spent after a tough month of tight matches.

Hopefully Brett pulls up OK and both Glenn and Jorge play next week. A heavy loss like that should help them to focus up at training and be ready to go for next week.

Another thing to put the Tigers performance into some perspective; the Tigers have been smashed twice this year. It's all about how you turn up on the day.

I bet tooves is ruing his low energy, low tempo, high error game plan now! Clearly high energy, high tempo and low errors was the best approach. Well done to the tiger's coach, whoever he is.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
6/71 said:
Fluffy said:

BJ made more tackles.

Any game where even Choc doesn't make metres is not going to go well.

More errors, more missed tackles- we won the stats that put you behind the eight ball.

They must have done their update, when I looked King made 25, BJ 24. Point being 25 tackles (off the bench as well) is a decent effort

eagles2win said:
3 to the Manly supporters that rocked up

Thanks heaps, I appreciate that...! :)

Probably one of the worst games Manly has played for a long, long time.

Well done to Matai though, he is a legend...!

It was actually a pretty strange atmosphere and an equally strange energy at the game today and I felt like I had gone into The Twllight Zone.
.........It was a bizarre world with orange people surrounding me yelling profanities on a very muddy hill. Watching what appeared to be a football game but then again I can't be sure because I think maybe only one team turned up and it was not Manly...........

:p

On a more positive note, it was really great to leave Leichhardt Oval today and I look forward to returning to Brookie very soon.

Go Manly......!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8