Tigers v Manly [Round 5 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Woods and Farah put on a clinic today, they were outstanding and killed us off early. Once you are that far behind in the wet it is game over, very well played to the Tigers

It's watching such a dominant attacking play out of dummy half that makes you realize just how much we lack in that position
maybe its time for rudolph or hodges to come onto the bench ???

This is going to be hard to pick a 3, 2, 1 this week.

Definitely beginning to think we need a speedy dummy half option off the bench. Ballin gets picked off far too easily.

master blaster said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Woods and Farah put on a clinic today, they were outstanding and killed us off early. Once you are that far behind in the wet it is game over, very well played to the Tigers

It's watching such a dominant attacking play out of dummy half that makes you realize just how much we lack in that position
maybe its time for rudolph or hodges to come onto the bench ???

Been calling for it for a few seasons now, even when Buhrer was doing it for 10mins a game it offered a spark to the side

Can't win them all. Would like to but even that that would become boring after a while.

Couldn't see the game on GEM. It appears (from what I've been reading) that it is ONLY in Adelaide that its back to the bad old days of Nein replays after midnight.....even the rest of SA is still getting the NRL on GEM. Of course no response from Nein has been forthcoming. No explanation.

Yeah, let 'em have their time in the spotlight and admit we were off today.
They were good and a lot of us expected this type of result , esp at Leichhardt.
We were poor and only the players and Tooves know why......hopefully we get our bad day at the office outta' the way early.
Thanks to those in the Eagle army that went
there to support, esp in the wet.

Onwards n upwards and back to business now.

I was there, stayed dry thanks to a brolly.

Manly started horrible and never recovered, a good wake up call for the team tho

Some of the worst conditions for footy I've seen, windy cold and wet!

Kiwi Eagle said:

Tigers ruck speed combined with Farah having a blinder gave us a bath in the first half. We just couldn't control the game, they were quick and direct and we were never going to come back from that.

We won the second half though :)

That's just one of those games were you are a little off and the opposition are on big time. Before you know it the game is gone before half time. They never gave up, which is what we have come to expect from Manly. Life goes on, I've seen worse performances from us over the last 3 years, just one of those days today.

Well very glad that's over. Pathetic game from Manly. I don't think we've played that badly since v Knights, 2012.
Very surprised and pleased that they actually scored 18 points.
File it. Lock it away. Get back to winning starting next week. I'll be there to see it on the hill at Brookie.

Get a grip boys. Coming off a month playing the top sides I thought this was a possibility. Tigers are young, keen and on the way up on their home turf....and they played great.

The NRL is a very even playing field. Slightly off and its game over. Only one team has won 4 times this year from 5 starts.6 points has you equal second.

Doesn't mean much really.Storm and Easts are going like busted's now.Anyone want to write them off.No!

One thing I do agree with and I have been with Kiwi on this point for a long time but now it is obvious ...Ballin needs a helper in the 17.Time to give Hodges a run.

Today we missed guys like Joey G who have strong leg drive in wet slow conditions….I think 2V's needs to start mixing up the bench a bit depending on conditions and who we play…we were completely outplayed up front today, their pack treated us like school kids….we could hardly tackle Woods to the ground once which meant he was able to offload and get us on the back foot.

Would love to see Hodges get a crack off the bench.

Just quietly if anyone thinks the conditions at Leichardt were bad this arvo, have a gander at the conditions at Allianz for the A-League. Ridiculous pools of water!

Errors, poor/pathetic kicking game and inability to slow down the ruck and stop the Tigers go forward.

No surprise really. I have been out and have not seen much of the game but I thought this would happen after last weeks game. We will bounce back next week.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8