Post-Game Discussion Tigers v Manly [Round 14, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Wests Tigers
Vs
Sea Eagles
4 Campbelltown Stadium
12 Jun 2022 14:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Mate it wasn't Schuster who demanded he play 5/8! It wasn't Schuster that forced Foran out of the club! He's played 3 games at 5/8 in 1st Grade & you expect miracles? Give the kid a break & some time to adapt to the role. Next week DCE is back (maybe) & he'll be on the bench again. Not good for his development if you look at it.
His manager wouldn't send a demanding letter to the club without Shuster knowing so he would have some say in that. Like I said I hope he kills it but it is obvious he has some growing up to do before he takes that role on full-time. There's nothing wrong with a little extra tutelage under your belt. Des being the coach and knowing Shu better than all of us would know that he has a bit more learning otherwise he'd be the starting 5/8 each week. Yes he needs more game time there but he's not really putting any pressure on Foz or setting the world on fire. He will get there no doubt. This is just my opinion.

A good win but was scrappy at times
Schuster a bit of a mixed bag with him comes in and out of the game , I wonder if it’s hard for him take control when you have Foz , then you have Jake as a ball playing lock then Walker comes on and does some ball playing as well throw in Croker and then you have 5 players trying to set something up will be the same when DCE plays ,
Manly need to sort that part of there game up and then we might see Schuster playing more of a dominant role
Agreed 100% as you can see watching the games at times he looks like he wants to go right but is sent back to the left .We will see the real Schuster next year when he starts calling the shots after Foran and Walker departs .Bring on 2023 .

Exactly Jethro......I also recall DCE & Hastings hug & chat & have a laugh at the end of that game so yeah not sure why people think they're avoiding each other.
Woke up on the serious side of the bed Maxie, the coment was tongue in cheek, due to the coincidence of each being out for a game alternatively, nothing more, nothing less.
None seriously believes that was to purposely avoid each other.

Tough win after a disappointing first 40, some really good tough runs with the ball in Tippytoes and Koula, error free which was pleasing.

Garrick was good but I would like to see Koula at the back as he looks fantastic with room to move.

Tent and Tuitavake for Sipley and Marty for me.
Marty I agree. But not sipley. Sipley had a blinder. He’s really stepped it up in the past 2-4 weeks. Paseka for Marty.

Koula’s best attacks this season ( & now finally his 1st try for the club ) has all come from his own doing, with barly much creative help from the halves or any other players ! Do we realise how self dicrediting that is for DCE & Dessie ? after all this time with one of the best young prospects in the game, that Koula’s best attacks he’s done all by himself means Total embraessment for the club.
How many times has DCE Put on a good pass to put Koula into a line break or over for a try? = 0

Oh & Manly’s current best player - Houmole - is also doing practically everything by himself with virtually no help from his teammates either. Manly is barely a team, they are mostly group of field sharing individuals.
Sack Des.

Woke up on the serious side of the bed Maxie, the coment was tongue in cheek, due to the coincidence of each being out for a game alternatively, nothing more, nothing less.
None seriously believes that was to purposely avoid each other.
I know mate.....all good.

New additions to Post #1

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Yes ...but spare a thought for magde...sitting on the lounge with a beer in hand, not a care in the world and 800 large in his pocket. Hanging onto a Manly 13 plus ticket. Nice afternoon.

Fun Fact: Madge was the Adelaide Rams fullback for their inaugural competition game against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville in Round 1 of the 1997 Australian Super league competition.

Maguire only played 16 first grade games in his career. 11 for Canberra (1992–96, 1998) and 5 for Adelaide in 1997.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6