Post-Game Discussion Tigers v Manly [Round 14, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Wests Tigers
Vs
Sea Eagles
4 Campbelltown Stadium
12 Jun 2022 14:00
80th minute

Match Stats

So happy for Koula to finally get his first try. I love this kid.

The try was absolutely superb, but it's his defence and work rate which is most commendable. We got stripped a couple of times on his side and the scrambling from him and Tippy Toes was excellent.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but it's amazing how many players had bandaged quads/thighs/upper legs today (Koula, Marty, Walker, Foz, Harper), then add those with bandaged knees (Aloiai, Tuipulotu, Garrick). They're only who come to mind...could be more and presumably DCE next week.

Anyway, is this some sort of badge of honour?! lol

Shoey I agree but for someone to provoke the club and demand that he plays his preferred role and also force out Foz, he should be nailing these games and be a standout but he's not....yet. He needs to learn patience and respect the position and his time will come. He's just not ready, but I hope he proves me and others wrong next season and kills it.
Mate it wasn't Schuster who demanded he play 5/8! It wasn't Schuster that forced Foran out of the club! He's played 3 games at 5/8 in 1st Grade & you expect miracles? Give the kid a break & some time to adapt to the role. Next week DCE is back (maybe) & he'll be on the bench again. Not good for his development if you look at it.

Shoey I agree but for someone to provoke the club and demand that he plays his preferred role and also force out Foz, he should be nailing these games and be a standout but he's not....yet. He needs to learn patience and respect the position and his time will come. He's just not ready, but I hope he proves me and others wrong next season and kills it.

Foz had an offer from Manly. Just like in 2015, Foz took the money and ran to another club.
Zero to do with Schu and everybody knows it.

Schu will come good once his fitness gets better and after he actually plays in his preferred position for a period of time.

Great to see another win but we were average in that first half. The forwards in the second half were pretty good. Aloiai - fabulous. Haumole - what a beast. Croker great. Jake - super defence. Foran organising that right hand side perfectly and giving Haumole good early ball. like DCE should. Garrick yet again superb. Tuipoloto - again very good. Schuster... ordinary... held onto the ball - did not play short and early or play out the back - very very poor. Last week he and Foran had us really ticking along. This week only Foran's side was ticking Schuster was trying to just run every time and bombed a late try with two players outside him unmarked and he went himself. Maybe when DCE is back - he goes to the opposite side and Foran keeps it up with giving Haumole early ball. But we certainly were not great.
Strange.....most bitch about Schuster's no look passes & fancy plays & say he should hold onto the ball then when he does he's poor?

Well if Jackson Hastings was out in Round 9 then who was it that converted 3 of their 4 tries?

Exactly Jethro......I also recall DCE & Hastings hug & chat & have a laugh at the end of that game so yeah not sure why people think they're avoiding each other.

Exactly Jethro......I also recall DCE & Hastings hug & chat & have a laugh at the end of that game so yeah not sure why people think they're avoiding each other.
Because Fox sports is as much about drama as actual sports.

Imagine how good he could be if given a chance at fullback.🤔
possible but its not just Des treating the young guns carefully.

Look at the chooks. Teddy is out for Origin and they have Sualli ready and firing but he plays Manu. Sualli Is an out and out FB and apparently the next big thing. His body type is A classical Modern FB and he still plays on the wing.

Too early to determine their career paths but Des obviously sees Koula a 3/4 in our side when Tom is back. He will be better for playing week in week out there and not FB.

Good call.

Strange.....most bitch about Schuster's no look passes & fancy plays & say he should hold onto the ball then when he does he's poor?
if you watch the game closely..... very rarely did he either play short or play out the back. Strangely that is a 5/8's job.... not just to hold the ball and get caught with it or come back inside.

Really impressed with Manly "s defence yesterday , generally good shape , scrambled well under pressure and the Tigers threw a fair bit at them particularly in the i st half . Going to need that same resolve in some of the more challenging games coming up naturally . Not going to get some of the easier attacking opportunities against the better sides but still some bright attack and as was indicated , the more ball Haumole and Koula get, the more likelihood of something worthwhile happening , . At this stage of his career looks better for Schuster to be on an edge in the back row , prodigious talent but still got my doubts as a long term 6 . Could only be viewed as a really positive win , good character building , Not going to be easy to still match it with some of the front runners but efforts and results like yesterday can only work in their favour .

As long as the team is winning ,Schuster must be doing one thing right in the game .Let's wait for Friday's game when he is on the bench , the Cowboys will not have much to worry about in defense .
A lot of the negativity about his no look pass is starting to get to him and must be why he didn't throw the one out to Harper .

So happy for Koula to finally get his first try. I love this kid.

The try was absolutely superb, but it's his defence and work rate which is most commendable. We got stripped a couple of times on his side and the scrambling from him and Tippy Toes was excellent.
Absolutely Superb try Indeed !!!

No Turbo Needed to set him up

Koula did it all on his own

Koula is the Thriller that puts bums on seats and raises them with his Thrilling Tries

We have not had a centre of excellence since the Great Lyon and Matai

Koula Thrills and his Speed Kills !!!

1655072426301.png

A lot of the negativity about his no look pass is starting to get to him and must be why he didn't throw the one out to Harper .
He could have considered a 'look pass' @:D

As I said elsewhere, on 2nd viewing Schu wasn't as poor as I thought, and it was only about his 3rd go as 5/8, so a valuable learning (and humbling) experience which no doubt will ultimately be to his and the team's advantage.

A good win but was scrappy at times
Schuster a bit of a mixed bag with him comes in and out of the game , I wonder if it’s hard for him take control when you have Foz , then you have Jake as a ball playing lock then Walker comes on and does some ball playing as well throw in Croker and then you have 5 players trying to set something up will be the same when DCE plays ,
Manly need to sort that part of there game up and then we might see Schuster playing more of a dominant role

I watched a replay of the match. Our pack was great. Led by Big O and Josh A and well backed up by Sipley and Jake and Croker had a mighty defensive game. Schuster made some bad decisions but overall he played okay and will only get better with fitness and patience. Koula is amazing and I’m a huge fan of Tippy Toes. I see these two as our best centres by a mile. Harper and Parker are good backups when required. Overall a solid pleasing win away from home. I hope Schuster works hard on his fitness and finishes the season strong.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6