Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 14, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

4 30
Campbelltown Stadium
12 Jun 2022 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other results have fallen our way , we're playing a club in turmoil ,they can't beat sh*t, they've just sacked the coach, a few players want out , we're favourites, the weather is perfect. Seriously if we fu*k this up then there'll need to be mass sackings starting with the coach.
Brace yourself

In my opinion Foran is a very consistent player in recent times and does a good job. But he isnt a game winner like DCE. DCE may be at times inconsistent, but he has a quality that offers that extra element that wins games and he's done it time and again for Manly in the past, not only because of his drop kicking, 40/20s but in making that special play. Sure he overplays at times and can frustrate, but then that's because he is leading a team that is inconsistent not yet worthy of challenging the top dogs and he tries too hard. Consequently he makes bad mistakes at times something the safer Foran doesn't do. But then DCE has a broader range of skills that gives him that extra game winning potential. Not surprisingly he therefore consistently is one of the top Fantasy Coach winners in the side, a measure of the range of actions performed on the field.
how about DCE to hooker? schuster at #6, Foz #7?

Fulton from Woolongong
Dessie from Penrith
Cliffy from Norths
Stewart's from Woolongong
DCE from Qld
Matai from NZ
Jamie Lyon from Parra
Paul Vautin from Qld
Ben Kennedy from Newcastle
Malcolm Reilly from England
Ray Branigan Souths
Etc
Etc
Etc
Yes, but every one of them became Manly through and through.

Schuster and Foran will be fine tomorrow. Schuster gets more experience, Foran shows everyone how a consistent halfback coordinates his men, Jake will rally the troops.

how about DCE to hooker? schuster at #6, Foz #7?

DCE doesn't show a good aptitude to pass the ball to the right person at the right time. For that reason alone he would make a terrible hooker.

His occasional dummy half running works because when he does it, the play is broken and he can run it or get a quick kick away. But he would be seriously exposed in the grind of a six tackle set against an opposition that can form a defensive line.

As much as it sucks to agree with whom you’ve mentioned, imo you are right, I was super impressed with everything Slater did in his first outing as a rookie coach, his team selections, the personal he surrounded himself with, his management during the game, the use of his bench, positional changes, his tactics, their game plan work to a tee, however the most impressive thing for mine was his post match presser, no wonder his boys busted a gut for him, his a champion bloke, spoke honestly, professionally and most importantly is all over the modern game.
He would be an awesome coach, just been reading that there’s no decent coaches available, well if you keep looking in the same box all you’ll see is the same old thing. Qld looked outside the box an nailed it. I know origin is very different but any of those 3 you mentioned and there would be quite a few others I‘m sure who would make great first grade coaches.
He actually came across as a pretty good bloke in his press conference.

Fulton from Woolongong
Dessie from Penrith
Cliffy from Norths
Stewart's from Woolongong
DCE from Qld
Matai from NZ
Jamie Lyon from Parra
Paul Vautin from Qld
Ben Kennedy from Newcastle
Malcolm Reilly from England
Ray Branigan Souths
Etc