Thurston out for season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wayne Springall is next to a very fit looking Kitey :)

Played in the 1978 GF

Time to remember the beginning of the Manly Dream
Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. There were quite a few clips in there that had me recalling where I was exactly listening to the radio call at the time. There was even the odd game I was at watching from a completely different angle. Thanks for the memories. :)

If he goes out of the game now,retires,he will be remembered as the champion he has been,if he does a wally lewis and plays another season he will be remembered as playing one season too long.

Realistically that could have been his last ever game.
Nah im sure the NRL, Channel Nine and Cowboys will try and milk one more 'fairytale' out of him in some way. Im thinking Cows premiership next year. Probably against us. Chechin will be the ref and stitch us up with many outrageous decisions. He'll be chaired off the ground blubbering like a baby with his shoulder hanging from its socket. Ray Warren will have a hard on for the whole thing in the commentary box. Nines ratings highest in years. Job done @:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:

Nah im sure the NRL, Channel Nine and Cowboys will try and milk one more 'fairytale' out of him in some way. Im thinking Cows premiership next year. Probably against us. Chechin will be the ref and stitch us up with many outrageous decisions. He'll be chaired off the ground blubbering like a baby with his shoulder hanging from its socket. Ray Warren will have a hard on for the whole thing in the commentary box. Nines ratings highest in years. Job done @:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:

Realistically, it should be against the Bulldogs, not us - the team that got rid of him because he was 'too small' and 'not good enough'. Not because he was the ringleader of some unsavoury off-field activities, of course - it definitely wasn't that.

Wayne Springall is next to a very fit looking Kitey :)

Played in the 1978 GF

Time to remember the beginning of the Manly Dream
Pretty fit looking Springy too.
As for Thurston.
Of all the rabbiting on about sCam, cronk and Slater, JT is the only one who should be considered for immortality.
He is the best half I have seen.

I hope he retires. If he comes back I hope it is for one last sook session after a loss to manly, for old times sake.

But what about the headgear giveaway, TOP bloke.

He's been busted all year, has really only played a handful of games in the past three months. I can't see him playing next year, it may be time.

His career is in the sort of decline Fulton's was during his Goosters stint, particularly during 1979. Or Changa circa 1974-76.

The young guns are circling, the toll of injuries is really starting to tell.

My main focus is obviously a Manly Premiership, but if that can't happen I want all the other teams to be at full strength so they can knock the Boncos out of the finals. Thurston out may mean one less team to beat the Boncos, waaaahhh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8