Thurston out for season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No need for them to be filthy, if they don't have a backup plan, then it is their own fault if it turns out all their eggs are in one basket. It's not like he was a surprise selection out of nowhere, they go into the season knowing, and planning for those weeks.
They dont go into the season knowing his shoulder is rooted tho... As soon as he busted his shoulder and needed a month off, they should have said to him cowboys are ur priority, Dont come back just to play origin...
No need for them to be filthy, if they don't have a backup plan, then it is their own fault if it turns out all their eggs are in one basket. It's not like he was a surprise selection out of nowhere, they go into the season knowing, and planning for those weeks.

they go into each season knowing he will play origin, yes... do they expect him to play after sitting out a month and a half of footy with a torn shoulder tho???? even tho yea he managed to play the eels the week before,i dont think he was 100%, and i dont think its a coincidence that he lasted 40 mins in origin before completely destroying the same shoulder...

If i was the cowboys ide be absolutely filthy...
Imo the nrl premiership should be the key focus... cows are paying this bloke top dollar to sit out of 5 weeks worth of matches in order to play origin... he goes in under done and now the cows have a wasted season...
cows should have stepped in and said mate, ur not fit to play club footy, sit out origin... oh well, they will never learn
I have always thought that origin sucks and still do. Origin is a critical time off year for all clubs really and every time it comes around i am always crossing my fingers for our own sea eagles players that are playing origin that they don't get injured.I would hate to be a club coach this time of year as i would be pulling my hair out.

i will have to look at who i took in the tipping comp this weekend now, also very happy i didn't waste a draft by selecting him in supercoach!

They dont go into the season knowing his shoulder is rooted tho... As soon as he busted his shoulder and needed a month off, they should have said to him cowboys are ur priority, Dont come back just to play origin...

they go into each season knowing he will play origin, yes... do they expect him to play after sitting out a month and a half of footy with a torn shoulder tho???? even tho yea he managed to play the eels the week before,i dont think he was 100%, and i dont think its a coincidence that he lasted 40 mins in origin before completely destroying the same shoulder...

and you'll never attract a star player to the club again if you start ordering players to sit out the big games when they themselves, and doctors / support staff clear them to play. Cowboys benefit too off the field from him being a star in that arena when first timers or casual viewers watch him win the game and decide to follow him / his club. Sure they'd prefer him fit for the club, but its the risk you take when you want the big names on your books.

you don't think he was 100%.. that's fine he probably wasn't, but this time of the year not many are free of any niggles / injuries, i'll trust club doctors opinion though. They would have known full well in an origin game that shoulder would be targeted harder than a club game, if the advice from then was its too soon, "one hit and it'll fall apart", then he never would've been cleared to play. he obviously passed all the right tests after playing a full game so was cleared.

thems the breaks in a high contact sport, if origin was next week and he was playing a second club game back this weekend, that team would be doing the exact same thing and going for the shoulder and very same thing could've happened. Fact is we have these games, have had them for years, everyone wants to play them, and sometimes risks are taken. Only way it will change is if they find a way to have Origin not interrupt the season so much. until then unfortunately thats the way it is.

Morgan. Does anyone else rate this guy like qld seem too. He has to be in goat photo territory for mine, maybe camel or aardvark as goats are pretty much accepted as friday night fodder north of rocky.

He is a fairly large body. I get he is 1st grade standard but for mine he is in the steve Jackson, carl webb mould. Set to make a first grade career out of one or two moments.

The cows will struggle as will qld if he gets picked to start

I suppose oneil gets a recall. Oates maybe but i dont think they will move gagai and they wont drop he or valentine. They are painting themselves into a corner a little with the selections

you know what will probably happen.

Qld clique will look at the numbers for game 3 and realise they look bad and call in DCE so they have a whipping boy when they go down.

that way QLD can keep golden boy Milford as a clean skin for next year. Thurston is remembered as the only guy that could get QLD home. DCE is destroyed by QLD press again.....

I do wonder who in the QLD setup hates DCE so much?

you know what will probably happen.

Qld clique will look at the numbers for game 3 and realise they look bad and call in DCE so they have a whipping boy when they go down.

that way QLD can keep golden boy Milford as a clean skin for next year. Thurston is remembered as the only guy that could get QLD home. DCE is destroyed by QLD press again.....

I do wonder who in the QLD setup hates DCE so much?

To be fair, anyone trying to fill the Thurston/Cronk void will be on a hiding to nothing.
It really is a no-win selection for whoever gets picked, going foward, if QLD lose a few games.

Thurston's never really done anything of note against Manly in a big game, apart from sook, so this won't assist Manly's slim premiership prospects much.

I think the main reason he hates DCE is that DCE has got the best of him quite a few times.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8