Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apologies Brissie Kid.It was a bit harsh.This whole thing frustrates me because the only thing that ever gets coverage is the latest rumour or supposedly sensational titbit.Whatever unfolds the game will survive as it always does and unlike others I think there will be few casualties.But that is past tense-whats done is done and it will play out',good or bad.

The only thing that really matters is what the NRL do to manage this major issue in the future yet no newspaper is interested and more importantly the NRL seems to do nothing but put fires out.Time for them to step up.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hamster Huey said:
What evidence has been provided so far that has seen a single player, to this point, admit to offences as serious as we've been let to believe?

Still at it Hamster? Cronulla has imploded and speculation is rife that the club is finished. The Chairman has resigned, coach stood down, 4 staff sacked …

Imagine what devastation will be unleashed if they actually find any evidence! :huh:

Using that logic back in 2009, could we have said: Brett has been suspended for four matches and his face removed from the NRL advertisement, and the club fined $100K. He must be guilty then.

They just released this picture of a suspect wanted by ASADA. Anyone know him?

320px-Slender-horned_gazelle_%28Cincinnati_Zoo%29.jpg

Apparently his name is Darren Hidder. A few players may be wishing he stayed better hidden...

As to your earlier point – fair point. Sort of. Nevertheless I will be most surprised if no players go down for this. It just seems a little early to be trumpeting that there is insufficient evidence. However I'll happily stand corrected if it does turn out that there are no players busted.

susan said:
Apologies Brissie Kid.It was a bit harsh.This whole thing frustrates me because the only thing that ever gets coverage is the latest rumour or supposedly sensational titbit.Whatever unfolds the game will survive as it always does and unlike others I think there will be few casualties.But that is past tense-whats done is done and it will play out',good or bad.

The only thing that really matters is what the NRL do to manage this major issue in the future yet no newspaper is interested and more importantly the NRL seems to do nothing but put fires out.Time for them to step up.

It's ok Susan. I just think the whole thing is stupid. The process & the scale of the penalties are ridiculous given they are talking about substances that are borderline as to whether they are or should be on a banned list. For that the NRL is having its brand trashed and clubs ripped apart. That's why I pointed to the NFL giving 4 weeks for first offence suspensions.

I'm not into conspiracy theories,
but this affair started with the AFL Bombers in the gun, now the Media paint it as an NRL thing, with hardly a mention of AFL anymore.

It seems constructed to destroy NRL.

This says the 3 players are still at Manly and are representatives.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-dumped-dank-over-injection-row-20130313-2g0x5.html
Manly dumped Dank over injection row
Date
March 14, 2013
Glenn Jackson
Rugby League Writer

Lord Eagleton said:
lsz said:
I would be interested to know how you define proof
WADA have said that out of their 8 indicators only 1 is a positive drug test - which means there is far more in play than drug test results
Exactly right. They dont have to have a positive test for someone to go down. If they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that PEDs were used then the player is done, 2 years.

All it would take is credit card transactions from buying GHRP2 & CJC 1295 from online suppliers (which is the standard way of getting them these days) and a text message from the player commenting to a friend who also takes PEDs about the effects of the PEDs he's taken. Thats all they would need. Players wouldnt give sending a text message a second thought, especially a few years ago when none of this was known about.

I dont like speculating about my own teams players but i have a strong STRONG feeling about 1 player. I would put money down on him being 1 player ASADA know of. Of course i hope its all not true

What happens if your buy this crap telling your supplier it's for personal usage while your getting investigated but actually give it to your horse trainer to use cause your horse has an injury that needs a little help.???

Brissie Kid said:
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-dumped-dank-over-injection-row-20130313-2g0x5.html
Date
March 14, 2013
Glenn Jackson
Rugby League Writer

So like at the sharkies the three players and their managers plus lawyers will meet with ASADA who'll inform them there's some kind of evidence of misdoings. The players wont talk or take deals. The media will go into frenzied overdrive and this will go on and on and on......
Sucks.

Brissie Kid said:
Date
March 14, 2013
Glenn Jackson
Rugby League Writer

Hardly narrows it down 3/4 of our squad have represented state or country.

Claims on 730 report tonite that peptides linked to sharks werent on the banned list until sep 2011. ASADAs focus is until May 11

Lundy is sending 10 more investigators to Cronulla
Ah the federal Government adding this farce to their list of failures

I still can't understand how they claim you can be convicted by hearsay. Surely this is not lawful..
Former ASADA boss Richard "Blackest Day" Ings has said positive drug tests are no longer needed, that other evidence including witness testimony and phone taps can be used. If the drug testers are going that way, then the players need the protection of the law. The whole story has been quite confusing so far, but what stands out is the lack of hard evidence.

Hearsay........I hear that half of the Sharks squad is as guilty as sin......means ( based on hearsay) they are ALL guilty.

The word hearsay is nothing more than some dope reading something on Twitter or Facebook and pronouncing to the world that they have an inside scoop ( this is how the Telecrap gets most of their stuff.....hey Slotfield you arise wipe)

Bucko112 said:
strone33 said:
Can anyone actually think anyone of the first grade squad would purposely take banned substances???? Is it possible that it may be 3 lower graders if any?

The problem is players were under the impression that this practice was fool proof, as It can't show up in testing, they got careless

So can you please explain to me how you know this or are you just making it up like the Telegraph does.

I can't say I've got too much sympathy for anyone who buys pills from the boot of some random guy's car. Idiotic.

Yes.

Of course, it might not have happened, but this photo is a concern.

It depicts an NRL player (known to his friends as "The Goose") waiting for The Gazelle at his clubs car park.

328918987_640.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6