Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ah yes, I think I see your point Rex – this announcement before they have all the evidence, it does remind me of something... :huh:

And what a slur on all Victorian police... :angel:

... obviously a political stunt :D

Top cop admits Vic police links to bikies
BY:BY DANIEL FOGARTY From: AAP March 27, 2013 5:54PM

Victoria Police has launched an internal probe after claims that bikies have infiltrated the force. Source: AAP
VICTORIAN police are being corrupted by outlaw motorcycle gangs because of criminality, naivety or stupidity by officers, the state's top officer says.

Chief Commissioner Ken Lay says there is intelligence that is of concern regarding the relationship between police officers and bikies.
"There are a number of current investigations ongoing. There is also intelligence that is causing both myself and my senior executive team considerable concern about some of the emerging issues," he told reporters in Melbourne.
"Often these issues are around criminality, often they're around naivety and often they are around stupidity.
"But in each case there is evidence of outlaw motorcycle gangs trying to reach inside Victoria Police and affecting the way we do our business."
Mr Lay said less than 10 police were currently being investigated for links to bikies.
But he conceded outlaw motorcycle gangs were good at what they did and understood what information they needed to get and how to get it.
Announcing a new taskforce had been set up within the professional standards command (formerly ethical standards department) to uncover corrupt police, Mr Lay said the threat might not be immediate, but he had to act to stamp it out now before it got worse.
"If we have members of Victoria Police that are compromised by these gangs it puts at risk the integrity of the organisation for a very long time," he said.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
How secret Bombers deal came unstuck
Date March 28, 2013 100 reading now (0) Read later
Roy Masters

A proposed deal between ASADA and Essendon whereby Bombers players would escape doping sanctions with zero penalty, while Cronulla players would be given a minimum six-month ban, was aborted following protests from lawyers acting for ASADA and Cronulla.

The very same day that ARLC chief executive, Dave Smith, learnt of a proposed preferential deal to his main competitor, he raised it with Prime Minister Julia Gillard at a pre-arranged meeting in Sydney. While Smith is now confident any discriminatory deals are off the table, the AFL can be expected to be frustrated that 45 players from one of its most prominent clubs may be suspended for the season.

Rumours of a secret deal have circulated since March 4, following a meeting in Sydney with representatives of the Sharks, ASADA and the NRL. Lawyers acting for Cronulla raised the question at the meeting whether Essendon players had been offered a lesser sanction.

ASADA counsel, John Marshall SC, denied such a deal would be possible but the following day provided advice to Cronulla's legal team, led by Trish Kavanagh, that this was not the case. He was so chagrined by the revelation of a possible zero sanction to Essendon he told Cronulla counsel he was withdrawing from representing ASADA, for whom he had acted for 20 years.

Advertisement At the time 14 Cronulla players were considering their options, with 12 expected to accept guilt in the belief ASADA would propose a reduced six-month ban. Another two players were tipped to follow. But negotiations stalled as a result of the exposure of the Essendon deal.

Lawyers acting for the Sharks are furious because the settlement could have seen the players back on the field by September. Now, however, the players are acting individually with their own lawyers, ruling out any prompt, joint resolution. During the tense meeting, Marshall indicated it would not be possible for the two codes to be treated differently and ASADA officials present nodded accord.

The next morning, on March 5, Marshall revealed to counsel acting for Cronulla that he had been inadvertently misled and admitted there were preferred terms for Essendon. He said he had become aware of a letter to Essendon, and when Cronulla's counsel asked for it to be forwarded to them, Marshall did so. The letter, written in fluent legalese, made it clear that if the Essendon players met all of the qualifications asked, a zero sanction would apply.

But NRL players were told the standard two-year ban could be reduced to one year under a ‘‘no significant fault’’ defence and that this could be further discounted by six months if they provided ‘‘substantial assistance’’, including dobbing in teammates and football club officials.

It is not clear whether the substances used at both clubs are the same, giving rise to why the sanctions may have been different. However, the prospect of a difference forced Smith to raise it with the Prime Minister.

Eleven days later, as rumours circulated of Essendon’s proposed superior deal – prepared by a recently appointed ASADA lawyer – Fairfax Media met ASADA chief executive Aurora Andruska in Canberra. Andruska, who had not been present at the Sydney meeting, said both codes would be treated equally.

‘‘Whatever I do, I have the scrutiny of WADA,’’ she explained. ‘‘We put ourselves up as a world leader in the fight against drugs in sport. How would we look if WADA overturned our sanctions? It would be the worst thing for our international reputation. I have a document given to the AFL and the NRL. It is the same document.’’

Andruska also told the Herald the ‘‘no fault’’ defence could be sustained only during a medical procedure. ‘‘The only time a zero sanction has been given was when the athlete has been unconscious during surgery by a doctor,’’ she said.

Given reports that Essendon players were injected as many as 50 times, this defence would be difficult to sustain. Yet this was a possible outcome for Essendon players, according to the document provided by Cronulla’s lawyers. It was dated 12 days before the document was provided to Cronulla counsel on March 5. It begs the question why such a crucial deal, nearly two weeks old, was not revealed at the Sydney meeting, particularly when it was so forthcoming the following day.

Asked to explain the conflict, a spokesperson for ASADA, perhaps relying on the fact that ASADA cannot sanction anyone but merely make recommendations on penalty, said: ‘‘ASADA has not offered a zero sanction to any athlete or support person.’’ The Herald understands Essendon do not believe a zero sanction was ever an option, with a spokesman saying: ‘‘We have no comment.’’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-secret-bombers-deal-came-unstuck-20130327-2guor.html#ixzz2OmE8KKHP

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
lsz said:
Is that proposed deal another sign of a better run comp?
No I wouldn't say that because look at the rubbish their comp and the way their comp Is run has dished up.
Match fixing/tanking to manipulate the draft
Kurt Tippett salary cap root
Ridiculous social drug rules of 3 strikes.

What they do have is stable leadership and the king of spin doctoring.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Well put gronk

What I should have said is they polish their turd better than the NRL

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
I have high hopes for smith. The word is he's about the cut off a lot of the dead wood within Nrl head office, I think he has shown so far he will in time be significantly better than gallop.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
bones said:
RL Gronk said:
lsz said:
I am still waiting for Dank to sue everyone....

@lsz it appears you only had to wait 1 day buddy. If you read the Australian article he is suing the sharks.

He is also suing Channel 9.

Other defendants named in the lawsuit include the Nine Network, Nine journalists Peter Overton and Sarah Harris, and The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph's sports editor-at-large, Phil Rothfield.

lol,Hi Phil.

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ah yes, I think I see your point Rex – this announcement before they have all the evidence, it does remind me of something... :huh:

And what a slur on all Victorian police... :angel:

... obviously a political stunt :D

Top cop admits Vic police links to bikies
BY:BY DANIEL FOGARTY From: AAP March 27, 2013 5:54PM

Victoria Police has launched an internal probe after claims that bikies have infiltrated the force. Source: AAP
VICTORIAN police are being corrupted by outlaw motorcycle gangs because of criminality, naivety or stupidity by officers, the state's top officer says.

Chief Commissioner Ken Lay says there is intelligence that is of concern regarding the relationship between police officers and bikies.
"There are a number of current investigations ongoing. There is also intelligence that is causing both myself and my senior executive team considerable concern about some of the emerging issues," he told reporters in Melbourne.
"Often these issues are around criminality, often they're around naivety and often they are around stupidity.
"But in each case there is evidence of outlaw motorcycle gangs trying to reach inside Victoria Police and affecting the way we do our business."
Mr Lay said less than 10 police were currently being investigated for links to bikies.
But he conceded outlaw motorcycle gangs were good at what they did and understood what information they needed to get and how to get it.
Announcing a new taskforce had been set up within the professional standards command (formerly ethical standards department) to uncover corrupt police, Mr Lay said the threat might not be immediate, but he had to act to stamp it out now before it got worse.
"If we have members of Victoria Police that are compromised by these gangs it puts at risk the integrity of the organisation for a very long time," he said.

My point re:Rex was that the ASADA and VIC Police investigations are very different beasts which were always bound to be handled outside the respective investigations differently.

There is no huff and puff from any State or Fed politicians looking to make a profile for themselves, on the Vic Police matter.

There was no 'dark days' style rhetoric by the head of Vic Police on the matter.

The Vic Police matter has already caught and dealt with at least two instances directly related to the problem, prior to this announcement. This matter isn't just about 'risk', which was highlighted; it also was about results that have already been achieved.

The issue does not raise widespread concern about the police force in this country which will have far reaching impacts across the police ranks. The language purposely kept a lid on the OTT rhetoric and gave little room for the media to speculate further.

The matters concerned with the police are not going to result in the social media world lighting up with rumour, speculation and a host of people implicated based on that.

The media hoards are not going to descend on the local station or area commands and prod around for more info, then just make something up if they can't find something to talk about.

Already 24hrs later the news on the police matter is an afterthought in the days reporting across the country at large; the latest sports related 'controversy' has already overtaken it with the 'Waterhouse' debate taking up airtime.

Put simply, while the police matter is a concern in general, it's not forefront in the mind of Joe Public and thus the (social) media runs quiet on it. Nobody is looking for a public exclusive to out a player, official and/or club.

There is confidence that the police will manage this appropriately and the noting of convictions already carried out, lends weight to the release by Vic Police in their assessment of the situation.

There is so little to compare the manner of both of these releases, that I'm surprised that the likes of Rex aren't recognising that the well staged presser by the Vic Police should have been what we got with any ASADA-based announcement.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
NRL players seeking clarification of rights and obligations prior to ASADA interviews by: Josh Massoud
April 04, 2013

THE NSW Supreme Court could be called upon to determine the precise rights of 31 current players who have been summoned for interview by ASADA.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal lawyers acting for the players are prepared to seek an injunction that would prevent any interviews from taking place until they know the level of co-operation required under NRL rules.

Under the NRL Anti-Doping Policy that's attached to every standard contract, players agree to provide "reasonable assistance" to investigators.

Rule 230 (9) states: "Players must provide all reasonable assistance to WADA, ASADA or the NRL in the application and policing and enforcement of the ADP (Anti-Doping Policy), including co-operating fully with any investigation."

The clash between "reasonable assistance" and "fully co-operate" has created confusion over where the boundaries lie.

It's understood former ARL chairman Colin Love has advised at least one player, as well as former Sharks trainer Trent Elkin, and is pushing for the definition to be tested.

"It's quite ambiguous and we need clarification before the interviews take place," one player representative said. "The problem is difference between reasonable and unreasonable assistance; where's the line?

"We need a definition on that and if we can't agree with the NRL's lawyers, then the Supreme Court might be the next step."

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph last Friday, ASADA has now distributed all 31 interview notices to the players' legal representatives.

The players were given seven days to indicate whether they would make themselves available for the interviews, which will be held at a neutral location.

Knowing they must at least make themselves available for interview under the rules, it's understood all players have communicated their willingness to co-operate.

Interviews were not expected to start until Monday at the earliest, but this fresh uncertainty over how much co-operation players must give could delay the process.

Lawyers acting for the players are awaiting an interpretation of the clause from their peers at the NRL.

Should they agree with the NRL's definition, the interviews will go ahead as planned. But if there's a difference of opinion, a final call could be left to a NSW Supreme Court judge in a move that could set back the saga for a month or more.

Cronulla and Manly have hired lawyers to represent all their implicated players: Robert Redman (Sharks) and Tim Unsworth (Manly). In addition, the RLPA has engaged Andrew Coleman SC to advise the group as a whole.

RLPA boss David Garnsey did not return calls last night.

The Sharks also beefed up their administration yesterday, confirming former Tigers and Roosters boss Steve Noyce had joined the club as football manager.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-players-seeking-clarification-of-rights-and-obligations-prior-to-asada-interviews/story-fndujljl-1226612006866

The Royal Soup

First Grader
A substance marked ''for equine use only'' allegedly provided to Cronulla players by sports scientist Stephen Dank is the same product regularly used by bodybuilders and other athletes.
Sharks officials have taken a photograph of a product that they will consider using as part of their legal defence after Dank initiated defamation action against the club and former chairman Damian Irvine.
In a newspaper interview, Irvine said Dank injected players with ''equine substances''. The fallout ultimately cost Irvine the job, although he will stand at this month's board elections.

Body Builder, Horse and Dog Supplement
It is understood the substance in question is gamma oryzanol, a rice-bran extract. A legal supplement, it is often provided to livestock and athletes involved in strength training. It's understood Dank received half a dozen bottles - which retail today for about $100 - from a supplier called Away Australia. When the shipment arrived, five of the six bottles were labelled for human use, although because of a dispatch error, one of the bottles arrived marked ''for equine use only''. All six bottles contained the same substance, or same formulation, and only the labels difffered.
Advertisement
As a food supplement, it does not require Therapeutic Goods Administration scheduling or listing with the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority.
Fairfax Media understands to placate then trainer Trent Elkin, Dank offered to return the bottle labelled ''for equine use only'', even though he assured him it was the same product.
Elkin declined the offer, saying he was happy with the explanation.
It is understood up to half a dozen Cronulla players used the supplement. It was also part of the range of products used by Manly players during Des Hasler's time at that club. On the website of the American supplier, Equiade, it is described as ''Body Builderâ„¢ Horse and Dog Supplement'' (pictured) and the benefits are listed as: ''Body Builder is a natural dietary supplement for horses, dogs, humans and livestock animals. Body Builder is one of the most effective dietary supplements used by owners, breeders and trainers of horses and dogs.
''The main ingredient in this product is of pharmaceutical grade, meaning it is in the purist form. Racehorses and dogs that are on our supplement have healthy coats and are beautifully muscled. Many have tried to duplicate this product with inferior results. This is due to our secret formula, superior ingredients and special process in manufacturing Body Builder. See for yourself and you won't be disappointed in the results. Body Builder comes in 8 oz and 32 oz sizes.''
Dank named other defendants, including the Nine Network and News Ltd, as part of the lawsuit. The matter is listed for mention in the NSW Supreme Court on April 26. While defamation proceedings are capped at $339,000, Dank is also seeking unspecified damages and costs.
A successful legal challenge would cripple cash-strapped Cronulla. The Sharks are the only NRL club without a main backer, while other key sponsorship properties, including naming- rights for their home ground, remain unsold. There is also the prospect of the players taking legal action against the club pending the outcome of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's investigations into doping and the integrity of sport.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/equineuseonly-tag-a-simple-mistake-20130403-2h75y.html#ixzz2PRSgSdKU

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
swoop said:
NRL players seeking clarification of rights and obligations prior to ASADA interviews by: Josh Massoud
April 04, 2013

Cronulla and Manly have hired lawyers to represent all their implicated players: Robert Redman (Sharks) and Tim Unsworth (Manly). In addition, the RLPA has engaged Andrew Coleman SC to advise the group as a whole.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-players-seeking-clarification-of-rights-and-obligations-prior-to-asada-interviews/story-fndujljl-1226612006866
It is pleasing that the club has hired a lawyer to help our players. However at some stage they probably should obtain their own independent legal advice.

The potential for conflict of interest between club and players – and between individual players in circumstances where they may be offered inducements to dob on each other – is quite obvious.

strone33 said:
''The main ingredient in this product is of pharmaceutical grade, meaning it is in the purist form. Racehorses and dogs that are on our supplement have healthy coats and are beautifully muscled."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/equineuseonly-tag-a-simple-mistake-20130403-2h75y.html#ixzz2PRSgSdKU
ASADA is targeting its investigations at NRL players with suspiciously healthy coats.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18