Thoughts on Game1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilverSkier

Reserve Grader
Ok so the season has begun.
Game1-
We looked flat tonight and there is no spark.
Way too many errors and way too many penalties for both teams.
Not going to place blame , just observations.
Parcel is our first choice #9. Needs to be encouraged to boss the attack but.
Green could be ok but we need Symonds or Mateo as the are experienced as MANLY players.
Williame=not first grade yet. What a crap winning record, poor guy.
Quite impressed with Walker actually. He showed all the skills but isn't used to the 5/8 role in first grade so I think the future is bright with him.
Need either Lawrence or starling or both in the side as they have experience playing for us.
When Stewart is back our attack will be sharper, and buhuer will give us more zip in the forwards.
Conclusion-
Our attack lacked cohesion, direction and spark.
Errors, errors, errors! It's not how many but when they occur and they all occurred at the bestomenta for the opposition to capitalise.
Overall it looks like a work in progress which is fine but it can't be that way for too long.
So let's all be positive, hold hands, and sing Kum Ba Yah

Small and quick was the plan slow abd lazy was the reality. At least last year we copped lots of injuries

Manly looked pretty poor tonight, remember it's a new team, snake to come back and it's only round 1. Koroisau, Trbojevic bros and Walker impressed me. Koroisau did his job made those big tackles we needed actually 39 of team and also created some chances. Trbojevic bros ran the ball great, Jake was awesome Tom looked like he wanted some space to move and had a good try assist. Walker wasn't a zing but his kicking and defence was good. His attack looked a little starved for space like Tom t but hey Milford was bad in his first game at 5/8 look at him now, he's one of the best. Easy win next week against the Tigers with snake back and Williame gone. Also like to add DCE was very good with his kicking and defence but like walker, was missing that space to attack. Our forwards did alright Taupau and Jake tried hard. Did myles play? Green I liked, he was very solid and ran some good line. Lewis brown was quiet but I'm sure he will be right once Jamie Buhrer is back and won't have to make as many tackles. Parcell added some spark but did some costly errors. Leary looked very good I would consider him as our lock, move Taupau to prop myles to bench. Tafua was great as was Vave. Williame was Williame!? Anyways don't panick Broncos lost there first match 36-6 and came back to make the gf!!!!!!!! Up the sea eagles lads!

Very unManly like

Zero mongrel, zero intensity. There is more Manly intensity in the Catalans at the moment. They look like a bunch of boys, and the 1%-er efforts in attack and defense not there. The bulldogs play like a team - just the body language walking off together, the way they help each other out. Much better. Manly looked like a bunch of high paid individuals waiting for someone to do something.
Lets hope time improves this mob, they don't play like Manly yet.
Dylan Walker a natural five eighth?. That certainly remains to be seen.

Highlights: Jake T, Leary, Parcell, Korisau, Myles (defense), Greene
Lowlights: Williame (never again), Walker (lightweight so far)

Thoughts ?

How about this ? In 2016, teams will be able to be dominated in the forwards, turn the ball over on a regular basis and still win comfortably.

Oh hang on. Maybe not. Surely we're not surprised we got soundly beaten. At any time in a game, only one team can score. The team with the ball. If you keep giving it away, what do we expect to happen ?

It's a simple game people. Hasler said it after the game. THEY DUMBED IT DOWN. In Round 1, you can't get fancy. The fluency takes time to come.

THEY DUMBED IT DOWN. In Round 1, you can't get fancy. The fluency takes time to come.[/QUOTE]
So if 2V was in charge we win? rookie coach dosent know what the **** he is doing we get smashed. Smashed more the a 2V ever did. Hate to be a Penn.

Someone said a good try assist to Tommy T. He nearly threw it into the first row and made it very hard for Tafua :)
We'll get better. Forwards know they have to put in more. Halves and backs will get better with time and Snake.
But wow tonight was bad
We could have ended up 40-6. Showed some fight.

Graham 230 metres (wow)
Tolman 187 metres
Williams 124 metres
Kasiano 111 metres

We got smashed up the middle, despite Jake T's one man band 154 metres.
Which made DCE go back to sideways daze.

Here ended the lesson peeps.
Exactly.

What was pathetic in my eyes..........

Green 80 minutes.. 5 hit ups and 38 metres. 27 tackles.
Brown 80 minutes.. 7 hit ups and 54 metres. 41 tackles.

Dont let them play 80 minutes if they are not fit enough and not going to involve themselves in the game. I thought Green had gone off at one point.. didnt realise he played the full game. Went missing. At least Brown made some tackles.

Compare that with Leary.
Leary 21 minutes.. 5 hit ups and 37 metres. 9 tackles.

Speaks volumes about Greens performance. Should be dropped. Not good enough. I hope NRL got his minutes wrong because thats pathetic. Choc used to make 150+ every game. Look at the Dogs 2nd row.

Jackson 80 minutes.. 13 hit ups and 93 metres. 27 tackles.
Williams 80 minutes.. 14 hit ups and 124 metres. 26 tackles.

This is how we should have lined up against the big dogs pack.

8. Myles
9. Parcell
10. Lawrence
11. Jake T
12. Tapau
13. Leary

14. Brown
15. Lussick
16. Vave
17. Knight

We just had no go forward. Cant blame the backs for this one. Over to you Trent.

Hindsight is a perfect thing isn't it. After tonight's performance, a better pack might have been.....

8. Jake, 9. Parcell, 10. Nate, 11. T-Red, 12. Taupau, 13. Leary. Res - Koroisau, BJ, Brown, Lussick.

* Green was a big disappointment, especially playing the whole 80.
* Vave didn't offer anything useful.
* Brown is better suited to a utility bench role, though he was good in defence with 41 tackles.
* Taupau's usefulness was blunted by also having to make 41 tackles.
* I'd have Parcell starting. Koroisau wasn't bad and made 39 tackles, but Matty offers a bit more in attack.
* Myles ran for 117 metres and made 36 tackles, but he stands too flat and needs to run onto the ball.

Despite the new defensive coach etc, we still have this bad habit of the line moving up a couple of metres and then stopping, waiting for the ball runner to come to them. That not only gifts metres to the opposition, but gives their halves room to do things. And room is exactly what Mybe and the Grub had tonight, exactly what DCE and Walker didn't have.

I think we played well for our 1st game as a team against an experienced team & coach like Des and the puppies! but I do think we need to work on some things if we want to play September football!

1. Never play Williame again, even if we need to play 1 player down
2. Give Kapow the ball on the run! So much more devastating than when he recovers it flat footed
3. TB needs to trust in Tom T & Parcell, both held their own against a good team
4. Cherry needs to take control & leave Dwalkz to find himself as a playmaker
5. When in doubt give Lyon the ball early

For the people saying its a rebuilding year I don't believe it! We recruited well and once we start clicking we will be devastating! The premiership is not determined in round 1!

I am in no way blaming Trent Barrett for tonight...but just an observation...

is it just me, or did anyone else think he was sh$#ting like a big black Alsatian in the pre-game interview on 9? He was talking at 100 miles an hour and appeared very edgy.

I think nerves got the better of the poor guy tonight.

Apparently the "biter" is one of Rugby Leagues "good guys" because he donated his man of the match award to the White Ribbon Foundation. Someone should tell this reporter that it's mandatory for all Channel 9 MOM awards to be donated to charity this season.

I hate biters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/aacbc92b1e892dfb300f07e94ede3e49

THE STAR

In true James Graham fashion the Bulldogs skipper led from the front to lay the platform for a solid first-round victory against an arch rival.

The Bulldogs forwards were dominant and none were more involved than the big Englishman.

He racked up 25 runs for 212 metres gained, 34 tackles, a tackle bust and an offload according to Fox Sports Lab.

He was rightfully named man of the match and donated his winnings to White Ribbon Foundation, reinforcing his status as one of the game’s good guys.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4