Thompson: Siege Mentality is Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Manly's famed siege mentality is in full swing, with off-season recruit Joel Thompson aware "the knives are out" following a string of highly-publicised issues.

The Sea Eagles have copped a hammering on and off the paddock over the past three weeks. Heavy defeats to the Titans, Wests Tigers and Eels coincided with damaging headlines around altercations between Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings.

Read More:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/23...pson-urges-siege-mentality-as-knives-are-out/

Shut up we don’t want your lip service thanks Joel. We want to see less penalties less dropped ball and more commitment in defense. And try’s not being butchered by lazy forwards acting as decoy runners and stopping in the line.

Until Marty comes out and says we will win the wooden spoon nothing will change. It’s 3 weeks of very poor onfield performances and a lot of cr@p off it. Seige mentality should have been there since the tigers game.

Stop giving the media anything and actually adopt an us v them mentality by training your a$$es off.

Until Marty comes out and says we will win the wooden spoon nothing will change. It’s 3 weeks of very poor onfield performances and a lot of cr@p off it. Seige mentality should have been there since the tigers game.

Stop giving the media anything and actually adopt an us v them mentality by training your a$$es off.
He’s softer than wet toilet paper is Taupau.

Actions speak louder than words Joel. Walk the walk first, win some games and start looking like a group of players that want to play for the club, the fans and each other and that would be grand start to proceedings!

Okay now is my time for a bit of a rant, and its not at the players but at our fans here.

Here is what Joel actually said

"It's not easy and I guess the knives are out when you're losing," Thompson told NRL.com after the loss to the Eels.

"People come out looking for things around the players and it doesn't help the situation. It hurts the club, it hurts the playing group and we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.

"We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together. Media and people are out there with knives and they want to attack the club.

"We've just got to stick together and that siege mentality will help us come out of it. There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions."

So
* Knives are out when you are losing
* we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.
* We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together.
* There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions

So Joel is not picking up the phone to call the media, players get interviewed, that is part of their job, he is acknowledging they are not doing well and they are letting the fans down. Acknowledging they have to work harder and actually states THAT THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER..

Then we get some of our overly emotive morons on this site laying into him saying the time for talk is over and that they need to deliver with actions..............

I honestly don't know what people expect here.........our whole club to refuse interviews?

Maybe start supporting the club in the tough times, that is the measure of a fan, not the fair weather bunch we have crying into our pillows here

Okay now is my time for a bit of a rant, and its not at the players but at our fans here.

Here is what Joel actually said

"It's not easy and I guess the knives are out when you're losing," Thompson told NRL.com after the loss to the Eels.

"People come out looking for things around the players and it doesn't help the situation. It hurts the club, it hurts the playing group and we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.

"We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together. Media and people are out there with knives and they want to attack the club.

"We've just got to stick together and that siege mentality will help us come out of it. There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions."

So
* Knives are out when you are losing
* we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.
* We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together.
* There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions

So Joel is not picking up the phone to call the media, players get interviewed, that is part of their job, he is acknowledging they are not doing well and they are letting the fans down. Acknowledging they have to work harder and actually states THAT THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER..

Then we get some of our overly emotive morons on this site laying into him saying the time for talk is over and that they need to deliver with actions..............

I honestly don't know what people expect here.........our whole club to refuse interviews?

Maybe start supporting the club in the tough times, that is the measure of a fan, not the fair weather bunch we have crying into our pillows here

Nice.

I'd only add find a sponsor to give everyone a car because it all went to **** when they took away their beloved Mazdas...

Poor Joel's probably thinking "sheesh tough crowd"

giphy.gif

The interview is appropriate.
The fans (us) many differing reactions to the last fortnights efforts is also appropriate.

What Joel said it simply rhetoric until it is proven. It won't change my utter disappointment in being slaughtered by Doesntmatta (a slime record against us).

Knives are only out Joel because you and your teammates didn't put in. Put in this week, and we wont boo you if you lose trying. Win and we will cheer you. Put 50 on the knights and win and we will say you are top 4 material again and all need pay rises.

And then.....we can all go back to eating sausage rolls.

FFS

Some people are never happy.

They have to speak to the media- no choice.

He comes out and basically shows the passion and understanding we have all been asking for... and still some people are not happy.

I understand we are all pretty angry at the current results and have a right to voice this / demand change but if you are going to get this worked up every time maybe you need a self imposed media ban

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4