Thompson: Siege Mentality is Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only impact this guy has made this season is in the media. Did he play against Parra?

Good to see a senior player own responsibility for the horrible performances of the last three weeks, and acknowledge that as players, they have let down everyone associated with the club. Ownership is an absolute necessity if this group holds any hope of moving forward. I think they are going to come out and make a statement on Friday. But if we are to believe that they have really turned a corner, the proof will be how they back up next week.

Okay now is my time for a bit of a rant, and its not at the players but at our fans here.

Here is what Joel actually said

"It's not easy and I guess the knives are out when you're losing," Thompson told NRL.com after the loss to the Eels.

"People come out looking for things around the players and it doesn't help the situation. It hurts the club, it hurts the playing group and we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.

"We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together. Media and people are out there with knives and they want to attack the club.

"We've just got to stick together and that siege mentality will help us come out of it. There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions."

So
* Knives are out when you are losing
* we've just got to stay tight to turn it around ... the fans deserve better, people at the club deserve better, the staff deserve better and it's on us players to deliver that.
* We've got to dig ourselves out of this through hard work and by sticking together.
* There's been enough talk and enough players talking, me included. Now we've got to deliver with our actions

So Joel is not picking up the phone to call the media, players get interviewed, that is part of their job, he is acknowledging they are not doing well and they are letting the fans down. Acknowledging they have to work harder and actually states THAT THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER..

Then we get some of our overly emotive morons on this site laying into him saying the time for talk is over and that they need to deliver with actions..............

I honestly don't know what people expect here.........our whole club to refuse interviews?

Maybe start supporting the club in the tough times, that is the measure of a fan, not the fair weather bunch we have crying into our pillows here

so long as there not biting those aforementioned pillows.Not there is anything wrong with that ,,,,as such.
Anyway stop biting pillows, crying into them or screaming into them (like I was yesterday) or hitting like them in defense (like Manly did yesterday) and just Manly up ,we are too good for that rubbish !!This is a crunch game and is a must win for us ,show some self respect and strength of character .
It is far more honorable to die on your feet than surrender on your knees
So no more pillow talk and go get em MANLY !!!!!

Talk is talk and that’s all it is, actions however are real.

Let’s see how they go on Friday, a win or even a close loss would demonstrate to me that they are pulling together!!

Until then it’s just talk!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4