Thommo pans the prat.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
It's good to see that a genuinely fast and succesful pace bowler in the form of Jeff Thompson has put the boot into Lee and backed Kaspa's retention for the first test.

"Any idiot can take wickets in a one day game". :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lets be honest about this Mata, Thommo is hardly an unbiased source for a quote on this matter.

Having said that I'm on record a number of times saying theres no way Lee should be picked

I was wondering how long till you jumped on this bandwagon.

With all this attention Lee is getting they must really think he should be there and because they dont like it they are worried and pushing their own agendas.

Thomo and Lee, undoubtedly aussies 2 fastest ever. Lee has been clocked higher - hence the write off.

but what do the figures say??

Thomo Vs Lee test

Matches 51 - 37
Wickets 200 - 139
Avg 28 - 31.66
SR 52.6 - 53
Econ 3.18 - 3.57
Batt Avg 12.81 - 19.76

Thomo Vs Lee ODI

Matches 50 - 104
Wickets 55 - 186
Avg 35.3 - 22.17
SR 49 - 28.3
Econ 4.32 - 4.68
Batt Avg 7.54 - 16.85

Apparently any Idiot cant take wickets in the one day game - thomo has proven that with just 55 from 50 matches.

Lee playing in a batsman friendly era Vs Thomo in bolwer freindly era and economy is about the same.

Seems Lee is about par as a bowler and kicks ass in batting.

Thomo is just jealous - its pretty obvious

Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy, sometimes my dear boy you just have no idea

Thomo Vs Lee is like saying Substance Vs Style

Style dont mean **** when it comes down to it.

"how many weetbix do you eat"

and the bandwagon comment is a bit rich coming from you

When it comes to cricket mata will jump on any anti Lee bandwagon

Cant argue with that I must admit :)

Doesnt alter the fact that in this case hes right, Kasprowicz is a far better option than Weet Bix boy

Kasers form was a bit questionable in the ODI's - i think one bad test and he might be out. Then again Dizzy isnt out of the question either. Test records for Lee and Kasper are fairly similar. Kasper should get a start but a poor performance and he should be dropped.

Lee will be there nipping on the heels.

Dizzy dropped is just laughable, pure paper talk.

if anyone goes it will be Kasper, one bad test should not result in him being dropped but probably will.

One fact which has been overlooked is that neither of them actually played in the last test, the bowlers were McGrath, Gillespie, Watson, Warne and MacGill.

Jeff Thomson is the biggest douche doing the rounds. He has to be one of the dumbest cricketers ever, he can't even pronounce McGrath properly. Good on him if he thinks Kaspa should get a run, but that doesn't mean he can come out and rubbish Lee.

I'd be dissapointed if I ever agreed with this dumb turd.

What state does Thommo come from? What state does Kaspa come from? Where did Mata grow up? (Who had Joh as a Premier for all those years and Russ Hinze as Minister for Official Corruption? What Super 12 team has not won a game?

Funny how Mata picks out the one article that pans Lee and ignores the many articles calling for his conclusion. Maybe he does have some rose coloured glasses after all??? :O

Kaspa gets the gig and Lee carries the drinks. Jolly good show.

Yes, what state was Thommo from?

NSW before he took the bucks on offer from Qld.

Is it just me but if you have tuff in your last name you doomed to be paid out on constantly.

Tuffy

Tuffnel.

Kasper got his spot - but he will need to perform to keep it. Better that way than any other.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4