Thomas Flegler

I reckon you’ll find it’s to do with the coaching.

Kevvie is popular with the “ old boys “ but I wonder if the current crop of players are warming to him as much as the old boys do.
Spot on Mark, always thought of Kevvie as a SOO type of coach not an NRL coach. Good for the aspirational SOO speech at half time, but that's about as far as it goes with Kevvie.

Who have they signed on overs ... who is their highest paid player ?
Dolphins as an easy example, would pay well overs for Storm forwards Kaufusi and Bromwich brothers to get them to pack up from a successful Storm team with strong Premiership credentials, to uproot and move 2000km to a team that will be a bottom 4 side.
Roosters not sure where to start....Tedesco is on 1.1 million plus bonuses and the fact every player being chased for big $$$ decides to go there for far less seems just a tad sus.

Dolphins as an easy example, would pay well overs for Storm forwards Kaufusi and Bromwich brothers to get them to pack up from a successful Storm team with strong Premiership credentials, to uproot and move 2000km to a team that will be a bottom 4 side.

You keep saying it Max ... but that doesn't make it true ...

Maybe the Storm weren't interested in signing an ageing trio to new deals ....

You keep saying it Max ... but that doesn't make it true ...

Maybe the Storm weren't interested in signing an ageing trio to new deals ....
To be fair Woodsie - I feel any new team like Dolphins, or a team trying to rebuild like Bulldogs for example, will pay overs for players, but I don't see Dolphins really pushing the salary cap, as their roster is really not laced with many big names at all....that was aimed at Roosters, who do push the cap from every angle.

If we are going after a prop we need to target Spencer Leniu. He's got the go-forward and mongrel we need.
He'd be great. Except that the Roosters have apparently already got their sights set on him, and if it comes down to money we won't have a chance.

Done deal , according to InstaTwitFace
And I dont have much time for Tallis but he said what we all have been thinking about the rorters, he ripped into them saying how can they sign Young, Lenui and upgrade Radley and have all the other players on million dollar contracts and still be under the cap, looks like the sombrero is back

And I dont have much time for Tallis but he said what we all have been thinking about the rorters, he ripped into them saying how can they sign Young, Lenui and upgrade Radley and have all the other players on million dollar contracts and still be under the cap, looks like the sombrero is back
And don’t you just love the response from the Rorters fans , seriously they are ****ing deluded.

And like a house of cards, I can see this little Rorters pyramid cap game eventually fall arse over tit.
Gee I dunno , they’ve been doing it so long now , and funny isn’t it but the cap commissioner ( or whatever his title is) just happens to be an ex Easts player.

Funny that !!!

Gee I dunno , they’ve been doing it so long now , and funny isn’t it but the cap commissioner ( or whatever his title is) just happens to be an ex Easts player.

Funny that !!!
Maybe if we can purge NRL HQ of ex Rorters personnel and involvement, that could be a start in the right direction.

Did it ever leave?

It's no shock, come player for a billionaire, he'll look after you, nudge nudge wink wink. No crooked 3rd party deals, just a clear understanding, a gentlemans agreement, this club will give you all the right introductions when your career is coming to a close, if you do your best for us.
Same deal that Laundry guy is offering Dog recruits, he was quite up front about in the press when he signed on as sponsor, "I'll look after them after their footy career".
It's a gaping loophole, not sure it can be closed. Maybe we need a richer, better connected owner.

It's no shock, come player for a billionaire, he'll look after you, nudge nudge wink wink. No crooked 3rd party deals, just a clear understanding, a gentlemans agreement, this club will give you all the right introductions when your career is coming to a close, if you do your best for us.
Same deal that Laundry guy is offering Dog recruits, he was quite up front about in the press when he signed on as sponsor, "I'll look after them after their footy career".
It's a gaping loophole, not sure it can be closed. Maybe we need a richer, better connected owner.
You would think with the obesity epidemic he is well connected

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2