Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A mate of mine went to school with him and is still mates with him

Says there is a very big difference between public and private choc

Agree. A lot of the **** was to sell tickets to his fights. Behind the facade the bloke is a legend very community minded and generous.

The Broncos have paid heaps outside the cap for years , in a “ one team one city “ ( yes I know now a little different ) environment it was easy.

If you live down south you have no idea what a brand they are up here.

You see them being used in advertisements and as “ brand ambassadors “ all the time.

I worked with the club and saw the “ sponsors “ being taken care of , their reach is incredible.

Very very easy to pay a lot outside the cap through , player appearances , corporate golf days, and the list goes on.

And then you have the thoroughbreds, a who’s who of QLD big business.

To be honest , I don’t know why they’ve been so poor the last 5 years , it’s certainly not to do with the available dollars.

The Broncos have paid heaps outside the cap for years , in a “ one team one city “ ( yes I know now a little different ) environment it was easy.

You see them being used in advertisements and as “ brand ambassadors “ all the time.

I worked with the club and saw the “ sponsors “ being taken care of , their reach is incredible.

Very very easy to pay a lot outside the cap through , player appearances , corporate golf days, and the list goes on.

To be honest , I don’t know why they’ve been so poor the last 5 years , it’s certainly not to do with the available dollars.
Are they still owned by Newscorp?

Could be to much of a pampered lifestyle Mark, need some old school mentality that some of the pampered Broncs obviously need.

I call BS on this story (not the concept - we all know it does happen in various forms at every club)

Was there even a salary cap in that era? I am guessing they were a form of "loyalty" payments
i remember brett finch talking about cash payments(i think it was on horo's podcast). he said the only time he didn't get cash outside of the cap was in his time at melbourne

Nothing new here feathered friend

Salary caps
defensive lines
Game plans
and records are meant to be broken

YatCFroyq5_1412139532854.jpg

There no doubt at very least our offer making Broncos work. Given flegler stated nearly 8 weeks ago he wanted to stay.

I have met Anthony on a number of occasions as he lives my side of the bridge and he may say some controversial things in the media but when he is a around people and you talk to him he is always humble and respectful and does not appear like a grub .
HIs Dad is a nice bloke too
I've met his dad and I agree with what you say but I can't stand his show pony son

If we paid Taupau 800k several years ago, then we should be happy to pay the same for Flegler, who is a far superior player, and possibly the missing key ingredient in transforming our pack into an elite, title-contending one. Let's make it happen Anthony!

What was the previous Manly purported offer for Flegler , something like 675 k per season for 5 ? seasons , amount seemed within reason , time frame maybe not so . 800 k even with the cap increase , overs for Manly . Bit of a different complexion now that Jake will apparently move to prop and a couple of young gun forwards really coming on now .

If we paid Taupau 800k several years ago, then we should be happy to pay the same for Flegler, who is a far superior player, and possibly the missing key ingredient in transforming our pack into an elite, title-contending one. Let's make it happen Anthony!
650 k for Marty provisionally , 850 k was just for a back ended deal arrangement to balance up for one season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4