Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guess that it has to be taken into account that with the cap proportionally increasing , 675 K for Fleger is around parity type money . Would still have to think that it would be stretching the Broncs forwards budget a bit with Hass , Carrigan , Capewell already on their books . Fleger seems a good solid type prop but just have a feeling that Lodge may have more to offer Manly , just based on our current forward make up

I am a big Fan of The Wild Child Enforcer Flegler

I would give him the 675k for six years including 6 years of total revenue Harbour bridge tolls

See the source image

Liam Knight seemed to be going all right in the few games that i noticed him in last season . Obviously the club does not seem that interested in him in recent seasons and maybe some injury issues but probably still has something to offer . One of the better Manly junior props coming through that i have noticed and real shame that he did not go on with it with Manly
Had some injury issues at the Bunnies. But totally agree. I might have even posted similar last off season. But I still think his best football would be back home at Man, with his real mates.

I am a big Fan of The Wild Child Enforcer Flegler

I would give him the 675k for six years including 6 years of total revenue Harbour bridge tolls

See the source image
I'm a bit of a Flegler fan myself Bozo, but I reckon you are screaming out for more due to us lacking mongrel in the forward pack, than how good he is.
Definitely a good forward, but far from elite, yet I do understand why your so keen.....we need some steel and nails in the middle badly.

There aren't many Origin forwards who aren't considered 'elite'. At 23 years old, if he's not there yet, he's on the cusp for not very much longer. He would be a massive acquisition, and a significant step up in quality for Manly's front row. Would love to see him and Jake as our starting props.

There aren't many Origin forwards who aren't considered 'elite'. At 23 years old, if he's not there yet, he's on the cusp for not very much longer. He would be a massive acquisition, and a significant step up in quality for Manly's front row. Would love to see him and Jake as our starting props.
Would no doubt be a great signing which was already stated, but has spent half his time on the Bronco bench or not in the 17, in a pack dominated when missing Carrigan.
Qld teams have had forwards like Molo, Napa and Dunamis Lui in recent times and many others I would not rate elite.
We all have different standards but I say a Cameron Murray, Munster, Nanai, Cleary, Tedesco standard player is elite and Flegler has a way to go to hit that level.

I'm a bit of a Flegler fan myself Bozo, but I reckon you are screaming out for more due to us lacking mongrel in the forward pack, than how good he is.
Definitely a good forward, but far from elite, yet I do understand why your so keen.....we need some steel and nails in the middle badly.
I have never seen Flegler Intimidated and dominated by any forward

His Physicality and Intimidation is up there with the best of beasts

I believe he has all the attributes to be a great and at 23 is only games away from being Elite

I believe the people at our club see it the same way as well and this is why we are chasing hard
Because There are many porky pigs in forward packs but not too many Wild Boars like Flegler

Born to be Wild
Thomas Flegler
The giant forest hog -- unknown to most -- is the largest species of wild pig. Attaining weights of up to 300kg, they use their massive heads and curved tusks to omnivorously forage on the forest floor. They are mostly nocturnal, & prefer the cover of the dense Congo rainforest to open savannah. : natureismetal Wild Pig, Wild Boar, Nature Animals, Animals And Pets, Big Deer, Beast Creature, African Wildlife, Weird Creatures, Animals Of The World

I have never seen Flegler Intimidated and dominated by any forward

His Physicality and Intimidation is up there with the best of beasts

I believe he has all the attributes to be a great and at 23 is only games away from being Elite

I believe the people at our club see it the same way as well and this is why we are chasing hard
Because There are many porky pigs in forward packs but not too many Wild Boars like Flegler

Born to be Wild
Thomas Flegler
The giant forest hog -- unknown to most -- is the largest species of wild pig. Attaining weights of up to 300kg, they use their massive heads and curved tusks to omnivorously forage on the forest floor. They are mostly nocturnal, & prefer the cover of the dense Congo rainforest to open savannah. : natureismetal Wild Pig, Wild Boar, Nature Animals, Animals And Pets, Big Deer, Beast Creature, African Wildlife, Weird Creatures, Animals Of The World
Fair way off elite Bozo, but definitely a big step up from the hopefuls and NSW cup players we have signed past few seasons.
I do agree our Manly men upstairs see the obvious need of more grunt and he is that fit modern day prototype with aggression, so fits in exactly to what we need and just maybe in time, could reach that next level.

Fair way off elite Bozo, but definitely a big step up from the hopefuls and NSW cup players we have signed past few seasons.
I do agree our Manly men upstairs see the obvious need of more grunt and he is that fit modern day prototype with aggression, so fits in exactly to what we need and just maybe in time, could reach that next level.
He has all the Great attributes to reach the next level

He lacks nothing but game time and In time he will Excel
He is a Great Investment feathered friend

Liam Knight seemed to be going all right in the few games that i noticed him in last season . Obviously the club does not seem that interested in him in recent seasons and maybe some injury issues but probably still has something to offer . One of the better Manly junior props coming through that i have noticed and real shame that he did not go on with it with Manly
These days I would be very wary of signing any player with a history of repeated concussions which unfortunately he has suffered at the bunnies.

If you ever watched old UFC, you might remember Chuck Liddell. He was impossible to knock out for a long time. But then he suffered one knockout., then the second, and then it got drastically worse. I fear Liam Knights lost his 'Chin' and I wouldn't be surprised if his career doesn't end prematurely.

Also I like Flegler as a player. 675K Might be a bit much for me. Does spend a lot of time fighting suspensions and fines.

Sounds to me he's committed to the broncos and is holding out for more cash, but would like to have him.

Sounds to me he's committed to the broncos and is holding out for more cash, but would like to have him.
He’s one of their products , so you can’t blame him BUT the simple fact is that they’ve already got some great forwards , on big money , so it’s doubtful he’ll get a six year deal at $675 a year there.

He’s simply fishing to hopefully get a Thoroughbreds , outside of the cap , major top up.

I reckon we’ll still land him , they need to keep Carrigan / Haas and a few others happy too.

He’s one of their products , so you can’t blame him BUT the simple fact is that they’ve already got some great forwards , on big money , so it’s doubtful he’ll get a six year deal at $675 a year there.

He’s simply fishing to hopefully get a Thoroughbreds , outside of the cap , major top up.

I reckon we’ll still land him , they need to keep Carrigan / Haas and a few others happy too.
It would be nice to see him at Manly

Loyalty and commitment is a 2 way thing feathered friend

Manly is committed and Loyal to Flegler for 6 years and on a higher contract than the Broncos

A Good CEO can not miss this favourable opportunity to sign Flegler .

Good Luck Tony Mestrov . Get the Job done !

Last edited:
Loyalty and commitment is a 2 way thing feathered friend

Manly is committed and Loyal to Flegler for 6 years and on a higher contract than the Broncos

A Good CEO can not miss this favourable opportunity to sign Flegler .

Good Luck Tony Mestrov . Get the Job done !
6 Years is way too high for any football contract. Anything over 4 years is a once in a generation type player like Thurston, Andrew Johns, and perhaps Sam Burgess. Surely we have learned from the Cherry-Evans ongoing saga not to tie up large amounts of cash into long term contracts.

He's a good player no doubt... but not that good.

Also it's far cheaper to live in Brisbane than the Northern Beaches so a 600,000 contract up there is equivalent to a 700k or 800k up there

6 Years is way too high for any football contract. Anything over 4 years is a once in a generation type player like Thurston, Andrew Johns, and perhaps Sam Burgess. Surely we have learned from the Cherry-Evans ongoing saga not to tie up large amounts of cash into long term contracts.

Also it's far cheaper to live in Brisbane than the Northern Beaches so a 600,000 contract up there is equivalent to a 700k or 800k up there
My perspective on this feathered friend

Six years is only too high for an aging player with limited potential

When you consider Top props earn over 800k and Fleger has the potential not only to be the top of the props But also give us great value for money at 600k for 6 years

His six year and potentially life time move to Manly where he will make more money is a wiser Flegler investment

This six year deal is a win win deal for both Manly and Flegler

Get the Job done Tony Mestrov and earn your worth !

See the source image

Not that much cheaper , Brisbane "s cost of living and property prices are starting to creep up these days as well but take your point . 6 years is way too long a contract range in almost all instances and definitely in Flegler's case . Even with the revised cap , 675 K is pretty much in the overs category on current indications as well the more i think about it .

Not that much cheaper , Brisbane "s cost of living and property prices are starting to creep up these days as well but take your point . 6 years is way too long a contract range in almost all instances and definitely in Flegler's case . Even with the revised cap , 675 K is pretty much in the overs category on current indications as well the more i think about it .
Well said feathered freind

At the end of the day we are offering bigger bucks and at longer terms than the Brocos

I hope Tony Mestrov does not Mess this Favourable opportunity up and gets the deal done

No way should we sign anyone on a high cost 6yr deal, it's 3yrs max. What if he turns out to be not what we thought. Then we end up like the Warriors, paying half of their contract money to another club for god knows how long.

It probably is BUT until we become a success , and a really desirable destination that’s probably what had to happen.

Look at the money the Bulldogs have thrown about.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4