This week's team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

This week's team

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Michael Monaghan, Jason King, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite ©, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Clint Halden, Glenn Hall, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson (1 player to be omitted)

This week's team

SB Des is sticking with his usual policy. When Monas is hooker there is always a hooker on the bench as well. That way if Orford is injured and Monas moves to half, we are covered.

By putting Halden on the bench he is doing the same thing basically. If Monas gets injured, Halden goes straight to half.

Des always likes to have a second number 7 option.

This week's team

I know how Des operates, I just don't see the logic in it, there's plenty of cover for an injury in any position without using Halden.

This week's team

Not in the halves.

The three scenarios where Halden would have to be used.

Monaghan out, Burns to half, Lyon to 5/8, Watmough to centre.
Burns out, Lyon to 5/8, Watmough to centre.
Ballin out, Williamson to hooker, Hall to the back row.

All these are better than using Halden IMO, he's only there for the sake of having the token half/hooker on the bench, you could even throw Groom in there with PL having a bye and give him 5 minutes at the end like Halden will probably get, at least the experience will be given to someone with some sort of future in first grade.

This week's team

I'd like to see that team with Halden omitted.

If a back gets injured, Cuthbo or Watmough can move to the centres, if not, we have the biggest, toughest bench in the comp.

This week's team

Yep, to have a passenger on the bench is a complete waste of space. Why? If you're not going to use him why have him in the team? weird.

This week's team

Yep, to have a passenger on the bench is a complete waste of space. Why? If you're not going to use him why have him in the team? weird.

If ballin and Monoghan hadn't played so sell last week. Halden would have got a better run.

This week's team

That team should do the Job. I'd ommit Cuthbo, we don't need an extra winger ;)

This week's team

I know how Des operates, I just don't see the logic in it, there's plenty of cover for an injury in any position without using Halden.

Yep and your options involve either shuffling MULTIPLE positions, or moving a backrower to the centres. (We have seen how successful that has been in the past).

This week's team

theres a difference between starting with a backrower in the centres and moving one there if someone happens to get injured.

The probabilty of that hapening (and early in the game) VS a 3 man bench is the question.

personally id go with a 4 man bench

This week's team

[quote author=SilentBob]

Yep and your options involve either shuffling MULTIPLE positions, or moving a backrower to the centres. (We have seen how successful that has been in the past).

[/quote]

I don't know about you but I like to think that everyone in the 17 should have at least either
1) The talent and skill to play first grade and/or
2) The potential to play first grade

Halden has neither IMO.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4