This must happen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very sad for people to be calling for Cullen to be our saviour at 5/8

He is a pigmy and will have every opposition forward running at him for 80 minutes he will be trampled by half time

His passing is terrible as well

We were up 12 nil after 15 minutes and then fell apart because this team is so unfit they cannot last until half time let alone put in an 80 minute performance

When they walked off at half time they looked like they had just played 10 minutes extra time not 40 minutes

Ferris has us looking like a gold coast side
I agree, 5/8 is not for Cullen. But for the love of God, where do you blokes come up with "his passing game is terrible?!" tell me at what stage of game, in his limited time on the field, were you able to decipher that???

At least the cowboys will be missing a few starters next week. Scott, tamalolo, winterstein and possibly Coote

@BOZO you overrate these guys IMHO.
AFB is a good player, but will take half a season and a few wins to have any positive impact on this team. He is not at the level of Taupau who actually makes things happen. Not close. Maybe in 2 years?.
Lord Perrett LOL you are kidding me that he bends the line. The only thing he bends is his elbow when he is standing there flat footed trying to push a pass. Well overweight. Pass.
That missing cap money would buy us 2 players - slotted into the current squad might lift us to 12th.
The problems at this club are far far far deeper than the above. You can't solve dispirited play, disorganisation, weak resilience, poor structure, and lack of talent by simply adding a couple of players. Most of these problems are related to coach, but there is a distinct lack of talent too.
Yesterday exposed all of that. The Parra game turned out to be a smokescreen. They would have won by just as much if they had executed better. Like Souths they had a structure, and were barnstorming all over Manly and burying this team with lack of impact in their own side of the field.
Mark was right, it will be a long season and we have to think of small victories like avoiding the spoon, blooding some new players, and taking some big risks (like Sacking Barrett and Cartwright effective immediately).
No matter what this team does they are not making the eight, so the focus should be experimentation with a view to next year and beyond.
NYEagle

Cullen is a five eight. He was standout man of match in QCup GF win. Halves has been his position his whole career.You may also have noticed the best 5/8 in the comp is a pygmy.

No one is talking saviours here. We need to choose a player from OUR CURRENT ROSTER to play 5/8 and he needs to be given a chance... or haven't people noticed it's not quite working at the moment.

To be fair AFB is no big name but he is a big performer that takes some stopping . Also Perret is no big name but he is a big guy who bends the line unlike the lightweight bench we had that were driven backwards .
To be fair look at the other teams and you will see that we had the most lightweight and smallest bench
To be fair lets just say the cap figure was not 1.5 mil but to be fair 2 international quality players would be worth at least 1 mil . Also to be fair if we had that 1 mil to spend we would have at least 2 more quality players in our squad
View attachment 4963

That reply sounds like the reply of a 6 year old. More smartarse than any real substance. What is that old saying? Never argue with an idiot. With that revised $1 million we would probably buy 5/6 reserve graders from other clubs.

But I give up, everything is looking rosy. There is nothing to worry about. Once we get Tapau, Lussick and a few fringe first grade forwards back, the sky's the limit.

I am a convert, Bozo!

To be fair AFB is no big name but he is a big performer that takes some stopping . Also Perret is no big name but he is a big guy who bends the line unlike the lightweight bench we had that were driven backwards .
To be fair look at the other teams and you will see that we had the most lightweight and smallest bench
To be fair lets just say the cap figure was not 1.5 mil but to be fair 2 international quality players would be worth at least 1 mil . Also to be fair if we had that 1 mil to spend we would have at least 2 more quality players in our squad
View attachment 4963

Oh, and by the way, I asked a Bulldogs friend of mine today what he thinks of Lloyd Perrett as a player and he responded with, 'Lloyd who?'

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
... to avoid spoon.

Cullen to 6 and Hastings to 9.Korisau to reserves for the season and Green with him to try to show something and pressure Cullen.

Not sold on Hastings as a half but has good basic skills and is a great goal kicker. Cullen is a Cody Walker type (who languished in QCup) and needs to be given a chance.

That piece of coaching yesterday to send Korisau and Myles back on with the game in the balance will do me. Cullen was our one player showing enthusiasm and you hook him for a proven failure. Smacked of predetermined replacement times with no thought of the game at hand.And even a tiring forward offers more than Myles.

This is about avoiding the spoon now and giving young guys a go with a view to the future. Doesn't Kelly show them if you give a guy a chance he can come up to the mark.

Lowest point since NE. Time to take some risks.

I 100% agree with you on this. Myles needs to retire he is a waste of cap space whoevers idea it was to bring him in needs to headbutt a fence i can see Lloyd perret showing more promise than him and he only played 15mins last game. blake green i have a bad feeling about him his stats are worrying and i believe he only gained notoriety thanks to partnering cooper cronk. I rekn leave Api at 9 and have lussick back up, have green come off the bench and have Cullen in at 6, hell why not even drop cherry and have hastings in at 7 like you said hes a good goal kicker so he can help out Dylan cant kick walker, cherry hasn't been performing everyone says its because of the players around him well we have blake green it hasn't made a difference, everyone is saying he is feeling better than ever yet he doesn't stand out like he used too, drop him and give hastings a shot we have nothing to lose!

That reply sounds like the reply of a 6 year old. More smartarse than any real substance. What is that old saying? Never argue with an idiot. With that revised $1 million we would probably buy 5/6 reserve graders from other clubs.

But I give up, everything is looking rosy. There is nothing to worry about. Once we get Tapau, Lussick and a few fringe first grade forwards back, the sky's the limit.

I am a convert, Bozo!
The way you are so negative geared you could not be converted even in front of the posts
2nd game of the year and you are already panicking
Chill out feathered friend
imagesO7LUL9AA.jpg

Oh, and by the way, I asked a Bulldogs friend of mine today what he thinks of Lloyd Perrett as a player and he responded with, 'Lloyd who?'
Not every one agrees with your friend at the dog house the Kennel
It's hard to get a chance to play, when you have players like tolman and trex infront of you! all the best LP! More than likely you'll have a man of the match game against us!
Such a shame to loose him.. The guy has ability and will succeed at another club, he wasn't given a fair go by the club and I will be happy to see him go well elseware,. Its fair to say he wasn't consistent in his time in fg but still only young. One thing I don't understand, he has the ability to be a good player, why didn't the coach do more to bring out the best in him? That's your job des....

Hope he kills it, kid deserved better than how he was treated.

Good luck
Good luck to him I'm sure he would kill it playing against us.

Great management dogs...

Bloke bled blue and white. Loved the club and we treated him like garbage.

The bloke has MASSIVE potential just needed a consistent go. Forwards cant play one or two games a year and be expected to shine.

I hope he kills it at manly and the club get egg on their face.

Absolute joke. We are no longer the family club or dogs or war.... just a straight out corporate machine

Very sad for people to be calling for Cullen to be our saviour at 5/8

He is a pigmy and will have every opposition forward running at him for 80 minutes he will be trampled by half time

His passing is terrible as well

We were up 12 nil after 15 minutes and then fell apart because this team is so unfit they cannot last until half time let alone put in an 80 minute performance

When they walked off at half time they looked like they had just played 10 minutes extra time not 40 minutes

Ferris has us looking like a gold coast side

I disagree with you on this, Cullen scored on debut and performed each game for the titans, he led Burleigh to a premiership he got man of the match on his first for blacktown ! He may be small but he forced Musgrove to knock on and he winded George burgess he showed more enthusiasm then anyone else on the team. Look at ash taylor hes small and that doesn't stop him doing what he does if anything it could be an advantage being small and agile running thru the middle could become an issue for the forwards who are fatigued trying to tackle.
If passing is an issue it can be worked on, hes a 5/8 not a hooker. I rekn blake green is **** his stats show it and he only got notoriety from halving cooper cronk.
Our team does look unfit i agree, there are plenty of changes that i would risk at this stage, throw in hastings at hooker or even drop cherry for a game and throw hastings in at 7 have Cullen at 6 and give lussick a go at hooker with api on the bench. we will lose the next few games so why not trial and error players in positions. nate myles needs to be shown the door!

I cant see us beating the cowboys next week even when theyre without matt scott and taumololo, bulldogs dispite having a rough trot i rekn they'll show enough desire to beat us and roosters are killing it atm. I believe we will be the the only team to be winless in 5 rounds
If we start thinking and believing we have no hope against the Cowboys , we may as well just send our cheerleaders to Townsville and let them play
untitled.png

If we start thinking and believing we have no hope against the Cowboys , we may as well just send our cheerleaders to Townsville and let them play
View attachment 4968
coming off the back of two straight losses and watching the cowboys performance both rd 1 and 2 then i agree send the cheerleaders! Or take the risks as many people are suggesting and throw some talent around the ruck have hastings and Cullen start , leave myles off and put lane on, we have nothing to lose except more games.

I disagree with you on this, Cullen scored on debut and performed each game for the titans, he led Burleigh to a premiership he got man of the match on his first for blacktown ! He may be small but he forced Musgrove to knock on and he winded George burgess he showed more enthusiasm then anyone else on the team. Look at ash taylor hes small and that doesn't stop him doing what he does if anything it could be an advantage being small and agile running thru the middle could become an issue for the forwards who are fatigued trying to tackle.
If passing is an issue it can be worked on, hes a 5/8 not a hooker. I rekn blake green is **** his stats show it and he only got notoriety from halving cooper cronk.
Our team does look unfit i agree, there are plenty of changes that i would risk at this stage, throw in hastings at hooker or even drop cherry for a game and throw hastings in at 7 have Cullen at 6 and give lussick a go at hooker with api on the bench. we will lose the next few games so why not trial and error players in positions. nate myles needs to be shown the door!
Cameron Cullen (born 9 September 1993) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. He plays at five-eighth, halfback and hooker

It's not really a question of individual players for me. I have been in the give Trent a chance camp, but I'm starting to get really concerned at our lack of basic structures, zero apparent game plans, mental fragility, basic errors, leadership void and lack of team spirit, all of which fall on the coach. I can cop the losses if we at least seem to be moving in the right direction, but we have been directionless for the last 18 months.
I feel your frustration but I also have this gut feeling that once we settle with injuries , suspensions and as a team we will win more games that we lose

Hope so, but that's just blind faith at this stage - I don't see any evidence to be confident that situation will come about even with a settled side. Time will tell. Maybe we will jag a win in Townsville and that will kick start our season, with players returning for the next game things would look a lot brighter. Need to hobble JT somehow.
Its not blind faith , Anyone that has eyes can see we have talent
It is about getting combinations and confidence together .
Did you see the opening 12 minutes against the Rabbitts
3 quick tries and then mistakes penalties and our small light weight bench took over and it was all over

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8