This is for the Realist - Our season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Give it at least 5 weeks to give a better judgement - in a perfect world DCE scores 3 & sets up 4 but hey - what half would have looked good in such a dour game where the fowards were far from dominent. The only ctitisism i could see was maybe could have been more involved & changed the point of attack rather than this 1 out stuff but overall - nice debut in trying circumstances.
Agree the fowards dissapointed - Kite started hard & direct but fizzled, King was ok, Choc not playing like our marquee strike foward & Ballins lack of flair & pace around the ruck was magnified in such a stalemate style game.

But quote me on this - in 8-10 provided we can have a good run minus 25 injuries. The side will test anyone - with Snake by then nearing full fitness, Matai who's dummy half runs turn games in our favour, Rodney back to add some steel , DCE will take more control with confidence , T.Rex WILL provide great spring from the bench & from what i seen from Buhrer on Sat this kid will start & be 1 to watch this season. Call me optimistic OR in 10 weeks call me a realist.....

Matt K link said:
Give it at least 5 weeks to give a better judgement - in a perfect world DCE scores 3 & sets up 4 but hey - what half would have looked good in such a dour game where the fowards were far from dominent. The only ctitisism i could see was maybe could have been more involved & changed the point of attack rather than this 1 out stuff but overall - nice debut in trying circumstances.
Agree the fowards dissapointed - Kite started hard & direct but fizzled, King was ok, Choc not playing like our marquee strike foward & Ballins lack of flair & pace around the ruck was magnified in such a stalemate style game.

Problem was I think the game plan was to ease him into the game and for Ballin and Foran to take most of the pressure. He needs time to get used to how fast NRL is, once he realises he doesn't have the same amount of time to make decisions as he has in the past, then he will just improve more and more. He has the skills he just needs the time now

Where abouts in the game did we lose Lyon? I was Blind. Losing Ballin early didn't help either. Foran to centre and effectively only 1 half was never going to end up well for us.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=186853.msg323156#msg323156 
  Problem was I think the game plan was to ease him into the game and for Ballin and Foran to take most of the pressure. He needs time to get used to how fast NRL is, once he realises he doesn't have the same amount of time to make decisions as he has in the past, then he will just improve more and more. He has the skills he just needs the time now
Agreed - a good example was his early kicks - did not realise the line speed but got deeper after that & hammered them downfield -will simply take a few games - the kid can play.

09 we shud have finished 3rd if it wasn't for chechin against the titans that Yr.

Lyon went off 3 minutes to h/t I think.

Lets wait till we get our full squad back on deck to see if we are any show this year or not. It was impossible to think we could win last week when Ballin went off then Lyon and all the changes that happened. We are missing both international centers. Take Gasnier and Cooper out of Dragoons, Kenny Dowall and Linnett out of Rorters, Morris and Idris Bulldogs, Ayshford and Lawrence Tigers, Crocker and Thompson Raiders etc  and see how many points they score.

To think..... this was just 6 months ago. I have to admit that after they lost this first game against against Melbourne and sustained all the injuries, I honestly thought they'll struggle to win any of their next half dozen matches.

To think they went on to produce a winning record of 18-6 and are in the Grand Final is fantastic. Congratulations on a wonderful season to date.... just one more to go.

I hate these re-hash threads. It does absolutely nothing but cause issues between posters.

But thanks.

Ryan said:
I hate these re-hash threads. It does absolutely nothing but cause issues between posters.

But thanks.
No, let's continue to name and shame.
It takes a real man to admit they were wrong. . . right, Mr Gallop?

My intention for reviving this thread was to bring attention to how far the team has come..... not to cast aspersions on anyone for their opinions.

In a week that will rightfully be dominated by threads about the upcoming Grand Final, I think today in particular it's interesting to look back to where it all began.

I'm sure if you revive some about recruiting Joe then I'll be shamed. I recall calling him No-Go Joe . . . I'm delighted to admit how wrong I was. The recruitment of Joe - a cast-off from Souffs and DoesntMatter - has proven a masterstroke.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2