This is for the Realist - Our season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
After watching the game on Saturday I realised that nothing had changed from last year.

- Same game plan
- No penetration in attack (very predicatable)
- Poor Kicking game
- Poor Completion rate
- Ill discipline ( eg Kingy & Rose penalities )
- Injuries to key players
- Lack of a experienced Half back
- Overated & average palyers (Foran, Williams, Rose , Mauro, DCE)

Yes I know it was the first game of the season but really what has changed !

I am not doubting their committment but realistically we dont have the quality or the ability to change our game to suit the situation.

It was so predictable as soon as Melbourne got in front I knew that was it. I was with a mate and after the Sorm scored their second try I said to him "its all over"

It's difficult to admit but we all know the result this week against the Roosters. We will get flogged especially without Lyon (our best & most consistent player).

In relation to DCE my opinion has not changed since I saw him in the 20's two years ago, I wasn't impressed then and he did nothing on the weekend to suggest he is the No 7 we are looking for. People on this forum who beleive he will provide the direction in attack and kicking game we have been looking for are in denial and only fooling themselves..

People need to take a reality check big time We have no hope of winning this comp and will be very very lucky to finish in the top 10. Harsh but true !!

Vince....welcome aboard mate BUT it's round 1... so don't cut your wrists  just yet...remember they lost FOUR games at the start of 2008 as well!

I just can't agree Vince.

How much of the old under 20's side with the DCE/Foran combination did you actually watch? I was good & got down to the ground for the 20's quite a lot that year & have been waiting for the day I could see that in 1sts ever since. I was ruined when Jamie got injured & the team had to be moved around. As they play together more, it will come together well.

One thing that has definitely changed is the level of organisation in defence. There was also a bit more vision in attack. This can all be put down to Mr B Stewart, and he'll only get better & better.

We may not win it this year, we may not even make the 8 if we keep copping this horrific run of injuries & suspensions but if we can keep the team together, the next couple of years have the potential to be as good as '06,'07,'08 were.

Yes, we'll cop some floggings in the early half of the year, we just have to accept that. It's if we're still copping those floggings in June/July/August that I'll be worried.

Mark,

Yes I know it was Round 1 and I hope I am wrong however I saw nothing in that performance (besides the return of Brett Stewart) that gives me confidence for the future.

You cannot realistically compare this years team to that of 2008 ! We had key players in key positions , better depth and all players who are still with us 3 years younger ! It does make a difference !

This is not the same as 2008. But this was never going to be a premiership year. Anyone who thought we win the comp this year is crazy. 2011 and probably 2012 are building years.

Whilst the world may end before then, lets be honest we need to be thinking about where we will be next year, and the year after.

DCE looked like he was not expecting the pace of the NRL it is much faster and much tighter, and he was caught out a few times, where he otherwise would have been fine in QCup or Toyota cup.

I am not too worried, we should limp into the 8 at best this year, but we will surprise a few once the halves do start firing.

We have some good juniors coming through in Lussick, Oldfield, Cunningham, Bhurer and a few others.

If you go into this year with the attitude that any win is a bonus, you will have a much easier viewing experience. Don't expect us to win every game, but lets give the younger guys a season or two under their belt before we get too suicidal

Duff,

Sure as I said Brett was the shining light and he does make a difference, but he just doesn't have tha cattle around him to be affective as he was.

In relation to DCE & Foran I did see alot of 20's and maybe DCE will come good but from what I have seen from Foran late last year and against the Storm he he has limited flair and can only be classsified as solid at best.

yeah yeah, maybe we will do good, maybe not. It shouldnt really matter. No doubt its great to have a win, but for the fans/supporters its just about the ride.

To support a footy team you have to learn to take a loss well.I still love it, breath it and live it but the result wont make or break my day/year

It should be easy being a manly fan as its not a case of IF but WHEN

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Vince....welcome aboard mate BUT it's round 1... so don't cut your wrists  just yet...remember they lost FOUR games at the start of 2008 as well!

Only lost first two in 08. Put 50 on the warriors in rd 3. It was 09 when they lost first four while Brett Stewart was suspended for being refused service at a bar.

We'll struggle for depth in the forwards to challenge for the comp this year. Some of the older guys are starting to show their age and are struggling with mobility.

Couldn't believe in Zorba's article on Saturday that he reckons Noel Cleal told him it "smelt a little bit like 2008" at the start of this year.

I couldn't see it before Saturday, and after the game, it certainly didn't have that feel to it.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186853.msg323087#msg323087 date=1300070872]
Vince....welcome aboard mate BUT it's round 1... so don't cut your wrists  just yet...remember they lost FOUR games at the start of 2008 as well!

Only lost first two in 08. Put 50 on the warriors in rd 3. It was 09 when they lost first four while Brett Stewart was suspended for being refused service at a bar.
[/quote]

We came 5th

jbb/james link said:
yeah yeah, maybe we will do good, maybe not. It shouldnt really matter. No doubt its great to have a win, but for the fans/supporters its just about the ride.

To support a footy team you have to learn to take a loss well.I still love it, breath it and live it but the result wont make or break my day/year

Well said, yes we lost but at least we didn't get flogged like penrith and cronulla and don't forget we still don't have our full strength side.

Man, round 1 against Melbourne in Melbourne who spent last year not playing for points. It was always going to be a rough game. I saw some great stuff on Saturday night (the main thing being players who seemed fit and held out a full strength Melbourne side for a long time).

It's going to take some time but it could be worse........................we could be Cronulla supporters LOL

jbb/james link said:

jbb/james - this is one of the best posts that I have read on here for ages.  I can get a bit carried away during a game but you are right - it is the week in, week out journey that is the great thing about being a supporter.  It is great if that journey ends at the Stadium with Jamie holding the trophy but it's the ups and downs of the season that keeps us alive!!

I think when Matai comes back we will have that sting we are missing. That way we can **** Trex off to anywhere but centre. He was terrible. I also think it's good that our forward pack is so young this year. They will be made to stand up and count which will be good for us in years to come. Assuming we can keep them.

A bit harsh to be writing the team off after 1 game, especially the performance of a debutant, being DCE.

I watched alot of the QLD cup last year and was very excited that DCE was going to be stepping up this year. Mal Meninga certainly had good raps on him and big Mal would probably be able to spot talent better than any of us on here.

Have faith, we will win more than we loose this year.

I'll write this for the real realist

1.Stewart - Slow and now drops bombs,direct ur hate at him
2.Robertson - Getting to old,should have retired years ago
3.Lyon - 28 and we need to get rid of him,injury prone
4.Matai - Never plays enough games due to suspension,brainless
5.Williams - Useless but fast
6.Foran - Should play in the front row,no imagination and a bad kicking game
7.DCE - From one game i can see him being the new Ferris
8.Kite - Doesnt run hard,my grandmother could tackle him
9.Ballin - Never runs from dummy half,doesnt kick more than 4 metres
10.King - Skips along and takes tackles,in defense is a turnstile
11.Watmough - Dumbest player ever,cant run cant tackle and cant pass
12.Rodney - Past his best,to many injuries and will probably not play again
13.Stewart - Has older legs than Mark,just as fast as him to

14.Seu Seu - Should never play 1st grade in his life
15.Rose - So fat i mistook him for an elephant,does nothing
16.Williams - Cant run,cant tackle,has the turning circle of the QEII
17.Cunningham - Already past his prime

Coach - Des Hasler - Couldnt coach a coconut to get eaten

Lets be real realistic,grow up and look at that team,thats a team of world beaters and your saying we'll miss the 8?

Why not be "Realistic" and say we'll get the ****ing spoon,we're worse than the sharks

Oh wait,incase some of you idiots take this to heart,this is me being sarcastic

I get bored of douchebags who think we suck who bother taking time to waste oxygen and breath while writing wrist slit worthy crap on here

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4