• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
you were all as happy as Larry when The Aussies got the lucky decisions in Sydney.

Farkign hypocrites

Not whinging at all.

Just shows that one week you get the good decisions next week you get the bad ones. That's cricket.

And I agree decisions did not lose us the game.

I wouldnt have had a problem had the indians not threatened to take their bat and ball and run off home crying.

Had they not done that then the Aussies would not have got bailed out for a miserly 212 in the first innings, most likely making another 100 or more, therefore winning.

The main point is that this test was won and lost before a ball had even been bowled.

And yes Tendulkars was borderline, but the aussies had a few in sydney, didnt hear me whinging about them either did you?

I dunno Fluff, its a bit hard to work out when one whinge finishes and the next one starts with you

Ponting and the selectors lost the Test.  Picking 4 pacemen is always questionable even at the WACA because it is inevitable that one of them gets underbowled.  And it was well known the pitch was looking more benign than usual before the toss.

But this stupidity was compounded by Ponting's bowling selections.  There were times when India needed to be pressured and Symonds and Clarke were bowling in tandem!  Now either that's a dud call by Ponting or it just highlights the ridiculous decision to not select Hogg.

It's fairly obvious Ponting had no confidence in Johnston and Tait to get the job done, but so much for the so-called Australian "go down fighting" instinct.  Are either bowler going to regain form whilst fielding at long on?

Matabele link said:
But this stupidity was compounded by Ponting's bowling selections.  There were times when India needed to be pressured and Symonds and Clarke were bowling in tandem!  Now either that's a dud call by Ponting or it just highlights the ridiculous decision to not select Hogg.

That was 100% down to the slow over rate. Ponting was staring down the barrel of a multiple-Test ban if Australia didn't pick up the pace, so he got Clarkey and Roy to rip through some overs and get it back on track.

Though, as you pointed out, that does come back to picking an all pace attack. It was always going to happen. But what other choice did they have? Hogg is having so little impact on more spin friendly wickets (Adelaide and Sydney), he would been completely ineffective on the WACA. Not that Tait was useful at all either, but worth a crack on a wicket that could have been a belter. Not all gambles pay off.

And I think it is fairly obvious that Ponting has PLENTY of confidence in Johnson - otherwise he wouldn't give him so many overs ahead of the likes of Lee and Clark.

Frankly, Hogg has to go.  He's shown he's not a Terst quality spinner and he's 36. 

If they are going to carry a spinner they might as well carry a young spinner like Cullen or that young Victorian that is showing promise, develop them, and invest in the future. 

At the very worst they can pick an additional batsman and rely on Symonds/Clarke for spin. 

What it all comes down to is that we battted very poorly in the first innings. You cant blame the pitch when your second innings score is higher than your first. Our batsmen were inept in the the first innings and that is what cost us the game.

Bowling selections were fine, the bowlers got the job done. It was the batsmen who failed. 

Matabele link said:
Frankly, Hogg has to go.  He's shown he's not a Terst quality spinner and he's 36. 

If they are going to carry a spinner they might as well carry a young spinner like Cullen or that young Victorian that is showing promise, develop them, and invest in the future. 

At the very worst they can pick an additional batsman and rely on Symonds/Clarke for spin. 

Bryce McGain is 36 as well. 

I see the Governor General has intimated the Strayan cricketers are a bunch of yobs that are damaging the national reputation?

No more than having that po-faced Windsor bitch as our head of state you'd think. 

What is your stance on Roebuck's article in the Herald today and are the Indians running the ICC and international cricket, following their brinkmanship of late?

How do you feel about the comment relating to the Indians supporting the corrupt regime in Zimbabwe?

Canteen Worker link said:
What is your stance on Roebuck's article in the Herald today and are the Indians running the ICC and international cricket, following their brinkmanship of late?

How do you feel about the comment relating to the Indians supporting the corrupt regime in Zimbabwe?

Have you got a link for that CW?

Living in hicksville I don't have access to the herald but would be interested to read.

Canteen Worker link said:

Maybe you should ask that brilliant Australian statesman, Malcolm Fraser, that question.  It was well-known who had been funding the insurgents when he conspired with the poms to hand the country over to Mugabe courtesy of a rigged election. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=176327.msg177283#msg177283 date=1201684812]

Maybe you should ask that brilliant Australian statesman, Malcolm Fraser, that question.  It was well-known who had been funding the insurgents when he conspired with the poms to hand the country over to Mugabe courtesy of a rigged election. 
[/quote]

Hi isnt asking Maclolm Fraser, he is asking you.

Stop dodging questions.

How do I feel?  Angry, pissed off etc.  I applauded the Australian decision to boycott their Zimbabwean tour - though it's a shame the yobs that are players didn't have the balls to say they weren't going.  They just ran around mouthing vaguew platitudes about "not knowing about the politics".

McGill being the exception - a man of principle who refused to tour and something that probably cost him another 20 Tests too. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4