Things we know.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are now paying the price of not having a reserve grade side.  There is no-one piutting pressure on the first grade players. 

KaZa link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179993.msg217616#msg217616 date=1238924123]
You can not name a player Kaza ffs.  It is ok to say he is sh!t and should be dropped, but when you have no solution what do you do? Reminds me of one of my first lessons at work.  Boss told me do not come to me with a problem unless you have a solution. 

come off it mate.

No solution.. i can give you 10 better solutions than Neumann. Even just moving Bailey to centre.. Glen Stewart to 5/8 and Rodney in the 2nd row. Add any new forward on the bench Rose Heargraves etc.

Or leave stewy there and promote Foran or Cherry Evans.  CLEARLY Neumann isnt the answer.. i cant see how you dont see that. Its as if you have all these jigsaw puzzles.. 1 didnt fit.. instead of trying another one youd rather keep trying to squeeze it in because you ASSUME the other wont fit either. Why not try another kid? Their may be 4-5 bad ones before you find the right one. But Neumann IS NOT the answer.
[/quote]

Well you would not give a solution before.  Bailey is not a centre, nor a winger.  If Williams is out who plays wing?  Cuthbo?

I understand Nuemann is not a long term first grade solution but to be suggesting we chuck in players out of position smells of desperation and will do more harm than good. 

As I said he is not a long term solution but we have limited choices.  Des even chose Suniala over him but now are stocks are dry and choices are virtually non existant.  If he chooses Nuemann next week due to injuries I will back it as we have no other option. Unless you know more about our junior backs potential, but then again you could not even name potential replacements names from the 20's. 

tookey link said:
We are now paying the price of not having a reserve grade side.  There is no-one piutting pressure on the first grade players. 
You must be joking> What do you think the Knights were doing. playing tiddlywinks?

If players are back from injury (excl Matai and Suniula)

Stewart
Robertson
Williams
Williams
Bani
Lyon
Orford

Otherwise....i have NFI

That is the backline I would go with Matt, but if some from that are out we do not have much left. 

Mark from Brisbane link said:
...Remember Scahin Tendulkar first played cricket for India at just 17

ANYTHING is possible these days
Mitchell Johnson may have some ability, I reckon in the centres till Matai and Lyon are fit. Maybe Phil Hughes is worth a try at 5/8?

Hopefully now the coaching staff will realise that Orford has reached his used by date and will now start looking at other options for half back next year.

Hodkinson is probably the preferred but I think Cherry Evans  from Toyota Cup has far more potential.  Doesn't seem to be one of the favourites as he isn't in the train on squad.

Kieran Foran is a potential star five eighth and should be being groomed urgently given Bailey's failure at five eighth, and our centre issues with Matai now constantly in doubt with is ongoing shoulder problems despite his operations over the break.

The Toyota Cup backs are fast and exciting and should be putting pressure on the first graders.

Sadly that is not the case.

I've said on other forum's and even this one. Blood the young fella's like JWH, Foran, and Davey they may not be as skilled as some of the NRL players but their enthusasim should get them over the line.

Garts link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=179993.msg217645#msg217645 date=1238927041]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179993.msg217616#msg217616 date=1238924123]
You can not name a player Kaza ffs.  It is ok to say he is sh!t and should be dropped, but when you have no solution what do you do? Reminds me of one of my first lessons at work.  Boss told me do not come to me with a problem unless you have a solution. 

come off it mate.

No solution.. i can give you 10 better solutions than Neumann. Even just moving Bailey to centre.. Glen Stewart to 5/8 and Rodney in the 2nd row. Add any new forward on the bench Rose Heargraves etc.

Or leave stewy there and promote Foran or Cherry Evans.  CLEARLY Neumann isnt the answer.. i cant see how you dont see that. Its as if you have all these jigsaw puzzles.. 1 didnt fit.. instead of trying another one youd rather keep trying to squeeze it in because you ASSUME the other wont fit either. Why not try another kid? Their may be 4-5 bad ones before you find the right one. But Neumann IS NOT the answer.
[/quote]

Well you would not give a solution before.  Bailey is not a centre, nor a winger.  If Williams is out who plays wing?  Cuthbo?

I understand Nuemann is not a long term first grade solution but to be suggesting we chuck in players out of position smells of desperation and will do more harm than good. 

As I said he is not a long term solution but we have limited choices.  Des even chose Suniala over him but now are stocks are dry and choices are virtually non existant.  If he chooses Nuemann next week due to injuries I will back it as we have no other option. Unless you know more about our junior backs potential, but then again you could not even name potential replacements names from the 20's. 
[/quote]

Yes. Neumann is also not a winger.. thats playing out of position is it not? Id rather bailey in the centres than Neumann on the wing.

What about that Blakey kid that scored 4 last week. Theres a name.

My point being though.... Neumann is not good enough.. try another player.. i dont know who.. thats Des job.. but surely everyone can see Neumann is not the right player. Id even put Choc in the centres infront of him..

Why is it that nobody but BErKeLEy_eAgLe has mentioned anybody from the QLD Cup side? Aren't they supposed to be our reserve grade side? If everybody here thinks that the Toyota Cup players are too young then why aren't we looking at the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. They are currently 2 from 4 in that comp, 2 off the lead but running 9th on for & against. Some good talent has come out of the Qld Cup over the years.

What has happened to our fitness? As a team, last year we were streets ahead of the competition.  This year streets behind. Unfit players drop more balls, make more mistakes, give more penalties away, have less in attack, are out of position more, get injured more, etc, etc.

Is it mental or physical or both?

Rex, that's an interesting point.  Last season I'd always be confident, even if down by ten, that in the second half we'd run over the top of other sides and go on to win.  Have we altered the training regime?  Have we got another fitness coach?  What is the answer to this drop off?  No cows blood?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179993.msg217637#msg217637 date=1238926615]
...Remember Scahin Tendulkar first played cricket for India at just 17

ANYTHING is possible these days
Mitchell Johnson may have some ability, I reckon in the centres till Matai and Lyon are fit. Maybe Phil Hughes is worth a try at 5/8?
[/quote]

Lennie Pascoe would make a good prop.

People are mentioning Lyon in the squad for this week, I thought he was out for 2 weeks, that would mean round 6

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
also this form has guaranteed that we will be lucky to get 12,000 next week
I say 10,000 tops and this will impact on our bottom line,looking like the kind of year that is hard to recover from :(

Things we know....

We will forever know that the last thing Shane Neumann did as an NRL player was score a try.

I'm glad he'll always have a final memory of that... it can be something he tells his grandkids in the future.

Thanks neumann but no thanks.

NEXT.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4