Things we know.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL so we bring in another young bloke, give him 2 games, and then he gets tagged as S**t and should never play NRL again blah blah blah

No point bringing someone in just for the sake of it. Tony Williams replacing Neumann would be fine, haven't seen enough of anyone else to say for sure they would be a better option than Neumann

Stop talking sense.  Bring someone up from belrose maybe they must be better. 

Just because you guys dont know if their better doesnt mean there isnt. Weve seen enough of Neumann to know hes not the answer.

Give another kid a go. You can see a player who has talent but has had a bad game from a mile away... as apposed to just a bad player. He was never any good wherever he gets a run.

Which kids have you seen running around that deserve a go ? Can you name the Under 20 centres ?

Des, Toovey, Penna and co see them most days of the week, and they would be the best equipt to judge on their ability and if they could handle it or not. No point just throwing an 18yo unknown in just for the sake of it, that will only extend the losing streak longer

The classic for me this season has been every week people saying to throw Hopoate into the NRL side, only being 16 years old should be the worst part of that call, but even worse is the fact he hasn't played 1 second of footy this season

You can not name a player Kaza ffs.  It is ok to say he is sh!t and should be dropped, but when you have no solution what do you do? Reminds me of one of my first lessons at work.  Boss told me do not come to me with a problem unless you have a solution.  

missing_something link said:
Des hardly has a history of bringing kids through the system, I can't believe their all not good enough.

How many kids have left to kill it at NRL?

Garts link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=179993.msg217618#msg217618 date=1238924228]
Des hardly has a history of bringing kids through the system, I can't believe their all not good enough.

[/quote]

A very very good point, very few of our junior ranks amount to much. I wouldn't mind seeing how good Cherry-Evans is though

Garts link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=179993.msg217618#msg217618 date=1238924228]

[/quote]

lots from brisbane and melbourne

He looks a Des type player tbh.  Hard working, honest half.  Much like Des was.  If we had a great 5/8 he might be good enough.

I remember many being gutted at losing Groom (took me a while to think of his name) but what happened to him?  2nd division in the UK.  I was gutted we lost him but the fact is the coaching staff know more than us about a players potential.  

Of our under 20 stocks, there are a number of guys who would be able to handle NRL footy if selected for next weeks match. Foran and Waerea-Hargreaves are two examples of players who are physically and mentally ready for the NRL, as well as having an appropriate skill set. Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed in the Toyota Cup for a bit longer - it's a safer place to learn, and the Manly first grade team doesn't seem like the best place to be right now.

There are some others who aren't far off. Daly Cherry-Evans has started the season well, but probably still looks a bit slight. I don't know if it would affect his game too much, but I'd prefer to see him bulk up a bit - only if it didn't hinder his attack though. His defence has improved from last year, but he would be a target in the NRL. We also have some really good workers, and leaders - guys like Jamie Buhrer, Liam Higgins, and Michael Tiopira. Tiopira is a bloke I am a big fan of. Plays second row and prop. Big kid. Lots of talent. I wouldn't be against seeing him get a run later in the year off the bench.

As for outside backs, Blake Davey is one of the centres. He's killing it at the moment, scored 4 tries in a game a few weeks back and up until today I think he'd scored in every game so far this year. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised people on here haven't been asking for him to get a call-up, but it would be bad for his career to be thrown into that arena. He's 18, new to the club this year, and has plenty of improvement in his game. He will become a better player if he is left to develop under Penna for another year.

Garts link said:
I remember many being gutted at losing Groom (took me a while to think of his name) but what happened to him?  2nd division in the UK.  I was gutted we lost him but the fact is the coaching staff know more than us about a players potential.  

Exactly.

willstyles link said:
Of our under 20 stocks, there are a number of guys who would be able to handle NRL footy if selected for next weeks match. Foran and Waerea-Hargreaves are two examples of players who are physically and mentally ready for the NRL, as well as having an appropriate skill set. Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed in the Toyota Cup for a bit longer - it's a safer place to learn, and the Manly first grade team doesn't seem like the best place to be right now.

There are some others who aren't far off. Daly Cherry-Evans has started the season well, but probably still looks a bit slight. I don't know if it would affect his game too much, but I'd prefer to see him bulk up a bit - only if it didn't hinder his attack though. His defence has improved from last year, but he would be a target in the NRL. We also have some really good workers, and leaders - guys like Jamie Buhrer, Liam Higgins, and Michael Tiopira. Tiopira is a bloke I am a big fan of. Plays second row and prop. Big kid. Lots of talent. I wouldn't be against seeing him get a run later in the year off the bench.

As for outside backs, Blake Davey is one of the centres. He's killing it at the moment, scored 4 tries in a game a few weeks back and up until today I think he'd scored in every game so far this year. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised people on here haven't been asking for him to get a call-up, but it would be bad for his career to be thrown into that arena. He's 18, new to the club this year, and has plenty of improvement in his game. He will become a better player if he is left to develop under Penna for another year.

So ypu think Foran could handle it?  If he is ready I would not be against it.  As for Evans, he is a half and he would not be any better than Orford, he would not even come close.  Not that I am saying you suggested he would. 

Foran could handle it, yes.

In an ideal world (where Manly win every Toyota Cup and NRL game all year), I would've given him a run later in the season, around Origin or something. Just for experience, but basically hold it off until 2010. But yeah, he could handle first grade, especially with Orford as the halfback taking most of the pressure.

Physically, he is capable - he's bulked up a bit and one of the features of his game in 2009 has been his ability to run at the line. He's scored a couple of tries as well. Daly has done the bulk of the kicking, but so would Orford in first grade - and Foran has a good boot as well. But on top of scoring the odd try, Foran has also set more up than anyone else in the team. He is the focus of Manly's TC attack.

If he came into first grade (and again, it might not be the best thing for his development to come into a team that is struggling in more than one area), I'd throw him on the bench to start with. Use him sparingly, and see how he handles it. He's a level headed kid, very respectful, mature, and mentally he wouldn't be overawed by the challenge.

Wade Graham for Penrith has just turned 18...he's a STAR in the making!!

Remember Scahin Tendulkar first played cricket for India at just 17

ANYTHING is possible these days

Garts link said:
You can not name a player Kaza ffs.  It is ok to say he is sh!t and should be dropped, but when you have no solution what do you do? Reminds me of one of my first lessons at work.  Boss told me do not come to me with a problem unless you have a solution. 

come off it mate.

No solution.. i can give you 10 better solutions than Neumann. Even just moving Bailey to centre.. Glen Stewart to 5/8 and Rodney in the 2nd row. Add any new forward on the bench Rose Heargraves etc.

Or leave stewy there and promote Foran or Cherry Evans.  CLEARLY Neumann isnt the answer.. i cant see how you dont see that. Its as if you have all these jigsaw puzzles.. 1 didnt fit.. instead of trying another one youd rather keep trying to squeeze it in because you ASSUME the other wont fit either. Why not try another kid? Their may be 4-5 bad ones before you find the right one. But Neumann IS NOT the answer.

Foran played centre for NSW reps (not sure if it was 17's or 19's) but he has played a few games there.
Wont happen though.

....true, I guess. But Sachin is the highest runscorer of all time, and will go down as one of the top 3 batsmen of all time. I don't really see the connection.....

Wade Graham is a good example of what Kieran could do. Wade's been chucked into first grade partly out of necessity - Penrith don't have a plethora of quality halves, and they were losing games (and have been for a while). We can afford to hold Kieran back a bit longer, if it would help his development.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6