There is something on here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I am not declaring us premiers or grand finalists, but there is something on with this team of ours, it just seems to have a lot of the boxes ticked and looks better and better with each outing

Tonight, even though the score of the 1st half didn't suggest it, we dominated for 80 mins, and that is something we have done that well since the 2008 finals. The defence never looked in danger, they made 1 line break against it, and we damn near cut that off as well. Attack wise, our set plays are simple, but very, very effective and hard to combat. Stewart just adds so much to it as well. I absoluted loved the period between the 50 and 60 min mark, where we basically spent 10mins smashing the **** out of them. That is another feature of our play, if we pin a winger or fullback in a corner, we then fly out of the line and smash them for the entire set, usually Foran, Stewart and King leading the way

Foran, world class is the only way to describe him, I will declare him right here and now as the Dally M medal winner this season, Thurston the only man who can stop him. No fear which makes his ball playing so much better

Brett Stewart, looked extremely fit, and fast again, **** it is good to watch !! Hopoate has been doing great, but Stewart just adds that spot of X Factor, as shown by that amazing try he set up. His option taking in our set plays is top shelf as well, makes it look easy. If he stays fit, he is our missing puzzle piece that takes us from top 4 to serious contenders

Watmough, what a match, week in week out he keeps producing it. Should be playing Origin easily. He is looking fit again as well and his running is showing it.

Those 3 blokes above, if they all fire on the same day, good luck to any side stopping us

Other players tonight

The Wolfman, he is another bloke who when fit is definetly adding plenty to the side. I am a big fan of his style with the way he returns the kicks, if the defence isn't commited he is gone

Glenn, the start of that 2nd half, I hope something clicked in his head. He ran straight and hard, and was extremely tough to handle and added plenty to our side.

Galuvao, what a period that 10mins after half time, 2 hit ups every set, every one making plenty of metres, when we were a couple of props down, inspirational stuff

King, I know he isn't the most loved on here, but his aggression leading our pack around is great for this side, he rips in and gets the other guys following

Tony Williams, impact tonight is exactly what we are after. Im sure some will still be able to find holes to pick tonight but it was another good effort. He is also offering plenty to Foran as a decoy, played a part in dragging the defence in for the last Hoppa try

Lyon, that catch for the try was sensational !! I am slightly concerned though at his tendency to drift across the park and end up trying to flick a tough pass out to his winger which puts him under pressure

Hoppa, he is amazing underneath the high ball. So composed for a bloke of 19

Matai, his centre play just gets better and better, he is 1 of the most under rated attackers in the game, I saw earlier he is 4th in the NRL for line breaks, class effort considering he missed a month to start the season

Cherry, so happy to see him get off the mark try wise, hopefully as Gus said, that solo effort may really click him into gear and believing in himself

Robinson, I like the look of. Nothing flashy tonight but he looks solid

I know there will probably be questions raised over the use of Buhrer, my guess is Des is getting him through his 1st full season of top grade footy

A lot to like about our game tonight, sets up a bloody good weekend, just wish I was amongst it at the function now !!

I also need to add that cumstain is an absolute joke and disgrace of a referee !!

Have to agree. I'm not afraid of anyone. I'm looking forward to us playing the Dragons and testing them.

Snake - yet another highlight in his career. Yet another difficult thing he's done made to look simple.

Just a real good team performance tonight. We are looking dangerous everywhere and I think thats a huge credit to our halves. They have a really good understanding now and we seem to have the balance right in where we attack now which is evidenced by both centres and wingers getting plenty of opportunities.

My only gripe is Dessies use of Buhrer tonight. Doesn't he know he's in my fantasy team?

Shane roodney's been very strong for us over the last couple of years and if he manages to get healthy and get on the park, he'll strength the side again.

It looks good

Des is confident and I have the utmost faith in him. Our side just bashes teams. If our skill set and fitness peak around finals time than lookout.

Agree with everything you said KE. Im so happy for DCE and i know he will take alot from tonight. Snake looked very good for someone that people were willing to let go due to his bad injury run, he is VERY important to our team. Foran is simply a superstar, im hoping the new TV deal allows us to keep him for years to come as other sides will be after him with alot of $$$$ Damb im happy, that game has setup my weekend :)

Foran MOM - what a legend he is going to be, sign him up for life

Kiwi Eagle said:
Tony Williams, impact tonight is exactly what we are after.
Yes while ever he plays like that no one will bag him.

Foran's main problem in regard to the Dally M is that when we win a few players are in line for points but when the Cowboys win Thurston almost always gets 3.

Great post Kiwi. Back to your best!

Not much left to say. Great 2nd half effort. Our best win for the season. So happy that they stuck it out for the full 80min and didn't let a try in near the end.

And Daly has arrived. Great performance. The 2 tries will do him a world of good. He looked much more comfortable out there with his kicking, passing and general play.

Yep the beer tastes better and everything is brighter after a good friday night win!! A really good win, all the boys played well and Brett Stewart what can I say, he is magic!!

Great summary KE. It was one of those games where you might have had your doubts beforehand, but came away thinking it will take a special team to stop this outfit.

Being at the top with Melbourne those years was truly special. Would love to add a battle with the Dragons to that folklore.

Holding the Raiders scoreless when they had more possession and favorable field position was great. This Broncos result was superb. It's an omnious sign. We have a great defensive who are in sync. Stay tuned for more marvelous victories.

Ok will let people enjoy the win but the game bored the hell out of me other than the odd bit of spark. A win against a tired team with a glaring defensive flaw made the win look better than it really was.

Will take the win and to be honest most games around State of Origin time are not worth watching intensity wise so its not really a game to take too seriously. I was hoping this time of year a few things would be worked on in relation to our attack(reduced intensity allows new areas to be experimented with under less pressure) but we stayed safe nailing our pet plays over and over like a training run.

Foran double pumping instead of just holding the ball back was a good variation but i'm just bored seeing him posted on one side basically doing the same moves over and over. T-Rex running wide looked good mixing it up with some hit-ups also but he is still frustrating to watch---right side attack poor as usual.......

Brett Stewarts potency up the middle is always good to see and helps our lack of options through the middle and it was also good to see G.Stewart hit a hard flat line behind the ruck for once---should be doing it more often instead of posting himself as a makeshift 5/8 on the right edge.

Ok will get out of here and save the rest for the SMH or for a mid week rant when everyone is too tired to take it in.

Was thinking the same thing too, tonight. We have a very good, balanced team from 1 through 25.

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves though. We have fallen into that trap before, and got pumped the next week.

Dessie has learnt from that I'm sure, but very, VERY solid team.

Technical Coach said:
Ok will let people enjoy the win but the game bored the hell out of me other than the odd bit of spark. A win against a tired team with a glaring defensive flaw made the win look better than it really was.

Will take the win and to be honest most games around State of Origin time are not worth watching intensity wise so its not really a game to take too seriously. I was hoping this time of year a few things would be worked on in relation to our attack(reduced intensity allows new areas to be experimented with under less pressure) but we stayed safe nailing our pet plays over and over like a training run.

Foran double pumping instead of just holding the ball back was a good variation but i'm just bored seeing him posted on one side basically doing the same moves over and over. T-Rex running wide looked good mixing it up with some hit-ups also but he is still frustrating to watch---right side attack poor as usual.......

Brett Stewarts potency up the middle is always good to see and helps our lack of options through the middle and it was also good to see G.Stewart hit a hard flat line behind the ruck for once---should be doing it more often instead of posting himself as a makeshift 5/8 on the right edge.

Ok will get out of here and save the rest for the SMH or for a mid week rant when everyone is too tired to take it in.

''Dis-Like''..

Are you guys serious----do you really think Brisbane with all those players backing up played with the intensity they are capable of-----i'm not saying the effort wasn't there and big hits is not an indicator of intensity.

Technical Coach said:
Are you guys serious----do you really think Brisbane with all those players backing up played with the intensity they are capable of-----i'm not saying the effort wasn't there and big hits is not an indicator of intensity.

Dude, we were without players, had others backing up, and basically had 16 men for the majority of the game.

Our guys defended their arses off, and had one try scored against them, but even in that passage of play, looked solid (Brett Stewarts tackle).

You listen to Kings post match interview, and he said there is still a lot of improvement in us, so it's all good.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6