The usual rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Week after week the football afficionados say the say thing.

King - soft, gutless, uninvolved
Randall - soft, mistake riddled.
Monaghan - directionless, can't run a bath, let alone a football side around a paddock, needs to shut his mouth.

The same suspects every bloody week and I'm getting mightily sick of it.

I'm beginning to think we'd be better off with Witt at 7 and Mullane at 6.

It's a shame our blokes seem to have to carry these passengers week after week and then hear nothing but adulation from fans for them.

Spare me.

We are still in equal first with 7 & 3. I am happy with that at this point of the season

have to agree mata

i was at a game 2 years ago and they were calling kingy softprop, maybe they werent wrong

chads nearly 25, aint gunna get no better

monas solid player, wont win anything, just a solid nrl player

he aint no beaver, bk, stewart etc

I am not sure that I agree with you Mata. Some of us watch those players harder than the others because of predetermined views, based on evidence. Monas form has not been atrocious - just not as good as a few other top line halfbacks. I am interested to see how his form goes when he re-signs.

Nuff said about Randall and King.

I have to agree on all fronts.

I am yet to see anything from King that goes anywhere near justifying some of the hype that surrounds this guy's supposed footballing ability. He just doesn't put in. I don't know whether he is injured or not, but at least twice in the first half he got the ball from the dummy half, was flat footed and shovelled it off to someone else to get smashed. FFS run onto the ball, you have one mission...it's called the advantage line. GET OVER IT.

Randall, he's not woeful but he is no game breaker. The problem is that hooker is one of the key positions these days and not many teams carry a run of the mill player there. They just touch the ball to many times to be wasted on a pick up and pass merchant. I did have a giggle at his attempt to get a kick away from dummy half on Friday. The contract negotiations must have been weighing on his mind and he figured he needed another party trick. Problem is they have to bounce first before going into touch.

Monas, Monas , Monas. I find it hard to be critical of him as he plays with passion and his defence has been awesome. But he's like Stevie Wonder out there sometimes, NO VISION. Our attack just doesn't seem to have any plan or flow to it. His attacking kicking game is probably one of the worst in the comp, and for some incomprehensible reason it's his "go to" play when he gets flustered. If I remember rightly, on Friday he chipped over the top on the first or second tackle on a repeat set, and there was no one chasing. I think fortunately we got the ball back because we managed to tackle them into touch when the ran it out. But that's just an example of the brain explosions he can have. We had enough ball in good position on Friday to win that game, but we just never looked like executing a match winning play. I hope he can improve this part of his play, or maybe Witt needs to get in there and show us whether he has got any better options. I like Monas but he is looking more and more like a hooker by the week. The similarities to Tooves at the end of his career are uncanny.

Oh brother.....I'll better check if Manly is coming last!

...........No Manly is coming 3rd......on there own. Therefore you will eat humble pie mata.

I agree the players named aren't in great form. But not that bad!

PS. I noticed the storm got beat at home against the Dogs. All I can say is, I hope both Monas and Orford gets signed, that way they can swap Monas to half when orford dissapoints.

Orford played well in that game though! was very good in defence but so was Monas

So you're saying his attack wasn't as good as Monas.

i want matta to do a realistic comparison at the end of each round between Monas and Orford!

I am not sure that I agree with you Mata. Some of us watch those players harder than the others because of predetermined views, based on evidence. Monas form has not been atrocious - just not as good as a few other top line halfbacks. I am interested to see how his form goes when he re-signs.

Nuff said about Randall and King.
You are probably right about watching some players harder than the others because of predetermined views. It's a bit like the media & the refs were to Hoppa before he got the boot. No matter what good points that he had, he was always highly scrutinised and painted as the bad boy butt poker.

Watched the game tonight.

Watched monas and King closely in particular.

A few points.

Monas was just as good as witt in attack, better in defence.

Witt is still no 5/8. He is a younger poorer version of monas, no variety. One grubber and a few bombs is all we got from him.

Kite made some major errors. Kylie was easlily our best prop.

Im sure that Vella's job early was only to mark King. Thats where he made his only tackles, and he did it well.

Monas will always struggle when he throws the ball to menzies chest when in a half gap and beaver knocks it on.

Monas will also struggle when hicks doesnt run onto the stewart pass. Should have been try time.

Kings hit ups were better than bryant but still poor. Difference in this game is he played longer before his break (about 5 mins)

Glenn Stewart looked a little like watmough last year. Running around everywhere but not always as a team player. We have better cover defence and he wasnt shown up as much as would have been last year.

Willo played very very well.

Stephensen puts in more effort than any other back bar monas. All the backs looked lackluster in defence.

Wagons try was a little lucky as he slid a long way with the due. Both stevo and don got off their line well, however the inside man let them down, yet again.

Stevo was calling his inside man out wider when parra ran in the second try through that gap. Also the parra runner ran through there just before hand which shouldnt be allowed. Still no excuse but since this is a reality site all should be looked at.

Tezza played his best since round 1.

Riddell got the better of Witt.

If Glen morrison copped 40 point for each light head high he would have 2 weeks off.

Parra played to the ref better, he let a lot go.

Harris was awful.

When Donald ran in his try i thought i had pressed fast forward. Furk he is quick.

Randall's service was mediocre. Piss him off for willo, dunley and another forward. Willos best 3 games have been the 3 he started, 2 at hooker.

Most of all we missed watmough and BK runnning hard close to the line.

Our defence has come along so much better than any of us could have hoped for. - well done Des. Now if he can just start playing with a deeper backline, it suits our pacey backs.

Nice write up Fluffy..

* Willow is one of the most valuabe players in the side. He'll never play rep footy, but without him our defence would have a fatal hole in it.
* Harris is crap
* Randall is crap
* Morrison is THE biggest high tackle merchant in the game. I'm yet to see a decent tackle that doesn't involve a forearm around the neck. It'll backfire on him one day. I just hope its via a shoulder from Kylie rather than a mid season holiday.
* I was quite impressed with Vella.
* Tahu's try was all luck.
* Widders try was off the back of a bull**** penalty. Fark that was an average refereeing performance.

**Changes for next week**

Get a boot up Kingy. Show up or show up before 2 playing PL next week. The same goes for Harris and Randall.

Having read all the stuff on here i thought that there was 3 or 4 players that let the team down, a few more than that. Also credit where credit is due - parra had the better game plan to match the ref.

There are 4 players that let the team down week after week.

Unlike Kite who it is generally agreed is very unlucky to miss Origin selection.

Forget witt's goal kicking - we have willo.

Witt has only out performed monas once this year, so if monas is one of the 4 then witt must be.

According to the stats on OEE Witt has 74 goals from 47 attempts this year. He is kicking at 157%, who can argue with that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2