[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with @Bearfax, give him 2017 & see what unfolds. The squad he had this year, whilst over-hyped by the media, was touted as a top 4 side. It seems Manly's squad for next year, will be even stronger, so he'll have no excuses. If our results are still d.ck, then f...ing get Desmond back & start to rebuild the Manly culture that way.

Yep and I've been as guilty as anyone very harshly judging the coaches but tbh that's because I hate outsiders in the coaching box. I just see em as hired mercenaries just earning a quid - just a job to them, not a passion. And that irks me no end. If Barrett and Hoss get booted from here Theyll shrug their shoulders and look for another gig.. No biggie for them. So the irrational petty side of me wants them to fail because I don't think they belong here. The rational side of me however wants my footy team to be a force again. And I totally agree I want 2017 to be an excuse free season. No more injuries to blame for a lack of success. I want the coaching to be completely exposed, good or bad and then we can all agree on where we go from here. Amen

2017 shapes as a win/win as far as I'm concerned. If we don't make the 8 but are highly competitive week in and week out playing a good brand of footy I can deal with that. Realistically our roster compared to many others doesn't quite hit the mark atm. The lack of a quality centre/prop really affects how we stack up compared to the genuine quality teams out there. If we miss the 8 however and seem directionless in attack and clueless in defence again then that's a coaching deficiency - Manly demands success and Barrett will be aware that there will be no season 3 for him. 2017 will either be a big turnaround for us performance and coach wise or the coach goes and we'll end up with someone better running the show be it Des or someone else. At least one way or another 2018 should be a year of optimism and hope..I hope.

If Des comes back I would have to support him I guess....but to me he's burned his bridges and I wont argue for him to come back in any event. No anger anymore , he did what he was entitled to by leaving, but all actions have consequences. But that aside....I think Des has the whiff of "yesterday's man " about him at the moment. Has a great roster at the Bulldogs and unlimited funds and is achieving mediocrity of late.

Yes I know Trent didn't achieve much in year 1 - but FFS we were decimated by injury and to me next years squad is worse. Getting them into the top 8 would be a decent achievement...no doubt for some it would still be unsatisfactory and they will call for his head.... but not to me.

We decayed badly in that period after Des left us in the lurch (let's not forget ) and it's rebuild time now. And it probably aint going to be pretty. I know many are waiting to see Trent fail and think he's the problem.....but I think that's a pretty tough call .

I agree Mad Marcus..Trent is our coach, Arko rates him highly as he said in Member Zone video..leave the bloke alone...he is our man and get behind him...Love ya Baz from Goanna Pete in Rabual...go Manly!!!
Till Trent gets a Manly Sea Eagle tattooed on his forehead I'm considering him an unworthy ring in..As for that imbecile Cartwright he's required to wear the Eagles mascot costume on a permanent basis for me to consider him even remotely interested in our success.

Take a trip down memory lane guys and gals, as we prepare to farewell Trent.
.....and it’s a cool thread title!

I am not a fan of Trent, just believe he hasn't had the opportunity to show if he in fact has the goods. I will be either praising him or joining the sack Barrett squad by round 8 next year.
Well Woodsie old son I believe that time has come and gone, haven't seen evidence of you joining up.
I lasted till about June this year but couldn't take our team going backwards anymore.
You sign up at @strone33 's office, down the hall 3rd on the right...

Well Woodsie old son I believe that time has come and gone, haven't seen evidence of you joining up.
I lasted till about June this year but couldn't take our team going backwards anymore.
You sign up at @strone33 's office, down the hall 3rd on the right...

Dear Harvies,

Before sitting down at my usual place at the table of despair this morning I said to my expectant mates .... "any **** that thinks I have a sense of humour this morning is sadly ****ing deluded and can get ****ed!!!! .".... hence followed an hour and a half of uncomfortable silence or discussions about footwear or the weather ..... my shoes were complimented ...

Whilst this comment is not directed at you, it will however indicate that I am not in a mood conducive to rational discussion ..... I shall do both myself and fellow Silvertails a favour by not commenting or responding to posts for a few days .....

Suffice to say ... God may well save the Queen .... but nothing will save the baarstards that run this shiitefight ....

Dear Harvies,

Before sitting down at my usual place at the table of despair this morning I said to my expectant mates .... "any **** that thinks I have a sense of humour this morning is sadly ****ing deluded and can get ****ed!!!! .".... hence followed an hour and a half of uncomfortable silence or discussions about footwear or the weather ..... my shoes were complimented ...

Whilst this comment is not directed at you, it will however indicate that I am not in a mood conducive to rational discussion ..... I shall do both myself and fellow Silvertails a favour by not commenting or responding to posts for a few days .....

Suffice to say ... God may well save the Queen .... but nothing will save the baarstards that run this shiitefight ....
I'm hearing you Woodsie.
Geez it's lucky Silvertails isn't a pub.
It'd be like milperra tavern on fathers day...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8