The time has come to release the Trbojevics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We paid overs for the brothers when we should have paid unders due to them being locals . Can’t change that now. Seibold is slowly unwinding Des’ silly mistakes but it takes a while.

Would be interested to see how we go with both Lodge and Paseka fit rolling forward . I think Talau is a slight upgrade on Parker. Brookes better in the halves than shoe (surely shoe moves to lock?).

Still need to find a zippy / creative 9 to back Croker up

Paying unders just because they are locals would likely have been an insult and might well have seen them playing elsewhere by now. And knowing our luck it would be with Tom fully fit.

Paying unders just because they are locals would likely have been an insult and might well have seen them playing elsewhere by now. And knowing our luck it would be with Tom fully fit.
It’s how we won 2 GFs in 4yrs
The whole playing group took unders to stay together
Not suggesting getting Jake for 500 but maybe 700k would have been a fair deal

Actually it was widely reported that it was Des's back-ended deals.
Which also meant that Tooves inherited a team of champs getting towards the end but collecting their big back-ended deals, so he had bugger all wiggle room when it came to the salary cap.
This is the impressive list of players Manly recruited during the Toovey years

545 Nick SKINNER

546 Jorge TAUFUA

547 Liam FORAN

548 Justin HORO

549 Brenton LAWRENCE

550 Richard FA’AOSO

551 David GOWER

552 Jesse SENE-LEFAO

553 Tom SYMONDS

554 Peta HIKU

555 James HASSON

556 Esi TONGA

557 Ligi SAO

558 Clinton GUTHERSON

559 Jake TRBOJEVIC

560 Cheyse BLAIR

561 Josh STARLING

562 Dunamis LUI

563 Tony SATINI

564 Jack LITTLEJOHN

565 Jayden HODGES

566 Tyson ANDREWS

567 Michael CHEE KAM

568 Willie MASON

569 Feleti MATEO

570 Luke BURGESS

571 Blake LEARY

572 Brayden WILLIAME

573 Tom TRBOJEVIC

If Tom was ripping it up this thread would never have emerged.

Both Tom & Jake are a little overpaid but if we were currently sitting in 3rd spot it wouldn’t be an argument.

We just need Tom to get over his injury woes.

Simple as that.
And if my nan had nuts she’d be my grandad but she doesn’t so she’s not

These guy are under contract till 2026 and at a combined 2 million of our salary cap are not providing value for money and with age plus more injuries this situation will get worse over the next few contracted years.

Tom is a crock, jake is a plodder who offers little in attack and is only really a defensive forward now.

This is nothing against the two who have been great players but merely a business decision where we can only prosper with a further 2 million to our cap.

Cmon dolphins buy 2 trbojevics and will throw in a third
Is that you Tim Sheens?

Agreed.

But, that team as pointed out, was winning premierships, if not then at least playing Finals every year. Taking unders to stay together was something they did as a group. This current team isn't even playing Finals every year, let alone winning premierships. Manly haven't played consecutive Finals series since 2013–14.

I honestly don't think Jake is worth 900 large. That's probably overs by about 150 or 200 so yes I think that was a mistake. But you can't blame a player for taking the best deal they can get. The earning length of a professional footballer is not a long one in this short little thing we call life.

Tom I do think is worth what he's on, while he's on the park. The problem has been keeping him there for any length of time. He hasn't played 20 or more games per season since 2018 and his longest stretch of games since was 22 from his return in Round 5 of 2021 to Round 4 of 2022. The sad part about Turbo is that he is arguably the single best player of his generation bar none ... yet he is so injury prone that its beyond funny.

It’s going to be a long off season……this thread kind of reminds me of the Mentos add…..I’m hearing the punch line now…….don’t be ridiculous

Actually it was widely reported that it was Des's back-ended deals.
Which also meant that Tooves inherited a team of champs getting towards the end but collecting their big back-ended deals, so he had bugger all wiggle room when it came to the salary cap.
This is the impressive list of players Manly recruited during the Toovey years

545 Nick SKINNER

546 Jorge TAUFUA

547 Liam FORAN

548 Justin HORO

549 Brenton LAWRENCE

550 Richard FA’AOSO

551 David GOWER

552 Jesse SENE-LEFAO

553 Tom SYMONDS

554 Peta HIKU

555 James HASSON

556 Esi TONGA

557 Ligi SAO

558 Clinton GUTHERSON

559 Jake TRBOJEVIC

560 Cheyse BLAIR

561 Josh STARLING

562 Dunamis LUI

563 Tony SATINI

564 Jack LITTLEJOHN

565 Jayden HODGES

566 Tyson ANDREWS

567 Michael CHEE KAM

568 Willie MASON

569 Feleti MATEO

570 Luke BURGESS

571 Blake LEARY

572 Brayden WILLIAME

573 Tom TRBOJEVIC
You really do add some quality stuff. At times some great insight by fact

Seriously can go f""k off
I agree these boys eat up too much salary cap for @how much they play" but I would hate to see them playing for another team and can promise they would too...,
Sticky y them and Jake cuts off $200,000 and we gotta deal 😎🤙

These guy are under contract till 2026 and at a combined 2 million of our salary cap are not providing value for money and with age plus more injuries this situation will get worse over the next few contracted years.

Tom is a crock, jake is a plodder who offers little in attack and is only really a defensive forward now.

This is nothing against the two who have been great players but merely a business decision where we can only prosper with a further 2 million to our cap.

Cmon dolphins buy 2 trbojevics and will throw in a third
is the third you are referring to the queensland capt? 😆

Jake is a keeper. Tom is worth keeping but there must be a way of linking how many he plays to how much he's paid.
Jake would be a keeper if he didn't give away a ridiculous amount of penalties and ruck infringements every game. Offers nothing in attack and sure, he never misses tackles but whats the point of making a tackle just to give the other team 6 again?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8